Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Exactly.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carwreck View Post
OK Here is my question HOW does building the 1/10 program in anyway shape or form hurt the 1/8 Any one who Knows me knows that I will ALWAYS be a Gashole. To Build the Nitro Program up YOU MUST bring in New Blood, with that being said that is what our Last Series was all about!!! We now have 3 Electric people NOW running Nitro and 4 more on the way!!! SO in my opinion that is a Start!!! Putting down Electric Racers and complaining about Nitro not having a Point Series doesn't help promote ANYTHING!!!! Until we have enough people running Nitro to have a FULL A and B main in Both Buggy and Truggy what is the point in a series???? That would just be club racing for points and I don't see ANY Fun in that!!
Are you delusional? When did I put down electric racing? The reality is last year FF was operating 4 nights a week and this past weekend there was no race program due to lack of entries. There is not ENOUGH new blood to replace the old. May I ask why One is always hosting series and events if they don't generate more entries?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Would any one like to do some maintenance on the 1/8 track Friday night with me.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caprezmikeb View Post
Would any one like to do some maintenance on the 1/8 track Friday night with me.
If I don't go up north this weekend to my in-laws cabin I will come help mike. Pm me and I'll give you my phone #
Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
Are you delusional? When did I put down electric racing? The reality is last year FF was operating 4 nights a week and this past weekend there was no race program due to lack of entries. There is not ENOUGH new blood to replace the old. May I ask why One is always hosting series and events if they don't generate more entries?
Joe, FF hasn't operated 4 nights a week in over a year. The lack of entries are attributed to out of town race (Tucson), the heat (120 degrees), people going on vacation, the series finals etc. In regards to ONE ALWAYS hosting series and events? This is the first event that ONE Hobbies and Fear Farm Hosted, they gave up their summer series, to partner with Fear Farm, bringing us more that 60 entries to Fear Farm on the days that Fear Farm hosted the series. That would be about a 400% increase in entries compared to what we normally have for electrics. In addition we got to introduce our track to a lot of electric racers, and a few of those racers have also joined the nitro ranks.

Our goal for this series was to re-introduce the track, introduce nitro racing and put on a good series, all of which were accomplished. It's not One Hobbies responsibility to provide Fear Farm with entries, they are an independent hobby shop that supports the track, and they also have their own race program to support.

So before anyone posts their next gripe, maybe you should ask yourself 1 question. "What can I do to help my race facility'? if you can answer that question. Then you need to ask yourself "IF your willing to sacrifice your personal time, some of you race time, time with your family to make the FF race program better'? If you can answer both of those questions without an "If. And, or But, and rule out the whats in it for me factor" and have thick enough skin to take the abuse from racers when things don't go quite right (as in they feel the nitro program is fading) feel free to shoot me a PM and I will happily add you to the ranks of volunteers and put you to work.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gary I'm not talking about the recent series. They always have something going on to generate more interest from their racers. I don't see how me asking about a series turned into this. The 1st thing I do to support the track is show up. At this point and after being targeted here I'm not quite so sure I'll be doing that as often.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
Gary I'm not talking about the recent series. They always have something going on to generate more interest from their racers. I don't see how me asking about a series turned into this. The 1st thing I do to support the track is show up. At this point and after being targeted here I'm not quite so sure I'll be doing that as often.
Joe I am NOT attacking you at all!!!! I just asked you a question!!! Without a Doubt you are one of the Biggest supporters out at FF!!! Every time I go out to FF YOU are there 99% of the time!!! AS for being Delusional that all depends on WHO is asking!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Joe, I don't see anyone attacking you here. You made a statement that the nitro program was fading, I strongly disagree. I have no idea why one hobbies, does the things that one hobbies does. Our Facility is a little different in the fact that it is ran by racers for racers, our support from the owners has never been better.

Race programs up until recently were all handled by 1 guy (Kenny) who has handled everything for Fear Farm for the last 4 years. It is now handled by Kenny, Myself and Chris (who just recently joined the ranks). We have a whole community to look after, which is a lot of pressure for all of us. This is not a paid job, its something we all volunteer to do, to give back to our community, sure a few positions such as Track grounds keep, race announcer receive some small compensation but no one is getting rich here.

Setting up a race is a very tough thing to do, lining up sponsors can take the better part of a month, then we have everything else to consider, track, track conditions, maintenance, water schedules, entries, power, announcements, results, posting results, trophies etc. It is a lot for 1 or 2 guys to handle. Look at Gas champs for an example here, there are more than 15 guys that help run that race and a ton of volunteers.

No ones trying to run you off Joe, I understand you are frustrated, some of us are too, I just put some things out there to give everyone some food for thought before things started to spin out of control and people started drawing lines in the sand. We can all have differences of opinions, and still shake hands and race cars.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Is that your way of saying you want to bury me in the track? Trust me when I say I don't feel disrespected by anything you say or do. If anything it sounds like you might be a little inflamed there. Just a bit of advice take it however you like. This isn't the East Coast playa things get done differently here so check yourself before you stumble and possible fall on your own shovel.
Actually I was being sincere. I wasn't inflamed at all until your last post with idle threats, tell me who you are now, I'm done talking....
Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Now lets move on to more constructive things like this guy! This is what I am talking about, Mike let me know what you need, and I'll make it happen for you. Also bring me your gas receipts for the water pump and i'll reimburse you. Sorry I wasn't out there Saturday, we had to put our family dog of 13 years down on Friday (2nd dog in 45 days) so things were a bit in shambles over the weekend.

Also I might be able to arrange a Friday night lights type of deal, lets say we get a bunch of people out and I mean like 8 to 10 of you guys for an hour or 2 of track maintenance, then we turn on some music and have a free practice session for a couple of hours, and call it a night. What say you all?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm 100% up for that if I don't head up north
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Actually I was being sincere. I wasn't inflamed at all until your last post with idle threats, tell me who you are now, I'm done talking....
Long live nitro!

Last edited by Gitsum; 07-01-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Edited to pg-13
Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Ok......... On THAT Note.... Lots of Things i would like to Say... But Not the Time for that... ill let You ALL figure it out...

Soooooooo

I wanted to thank Everyone who Attended the 2013 Sizzling Summer indoor/Outdoor series.... we had some great racing inside and outside... and some REALLY good Times

The Finals where a BLAST... and some Great racing as well.... i hope everyone enjoyed the FREE Stuff and the food..... Thanks to all our Sponsors for the Stuffs and One hobbies and Fear Farm for the Food..

Great times... Great racing.. and Great People.... thank you every one of you

See ya all this weekend.. gunna be some MORE fun for sure

here are the Podium Pics for everyone......

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/stavm...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks again
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6cb0ggl8bQ#at=55
Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ill go pull up all the pipe!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.