Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spoold97 View Post
If we get enough 8e's again Saturday, could we run a class on the 1/10th track? Last Saturday we were told we needed a miniumum of 4.
^
Old 07-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPtracksANDfab View Post
Starting opening day on the new 1/8 layout there will be no more 1/8 on the 1/10 track other Vehicles such as Revos, T-Maxx, Savage, lst, and other large nitro/electric will not be allowed.
Having run 1/10, SC, and 1/8 on the 1/10th track, I think this is a good idea. Even though I enjoyed running 1/8th on the small track, I felt those marshaling were at greater risk due to the small track and that the 1/10th cars were getting beat up. Plus when I drove 1/10th or SC it was always more fun if I wasn't trying to hear myself think over the cacophony of .21s

Just my 2c.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spironi View Post
Having run 1/10, SC, and 1/8 on the 1/10th track, I think this is a good idea. Even though I enjoyed running 1/8th on the small track, I felt those marshaling were at greater risk due to the small track and that the 1/10th cars were getting beat up. Plus when I drove 1/10th or SC it was always more fun if I wasn't trying to hear myself think over the cacophony of .21s

Just my 2c.

Jeff
I agree about nitros running on the 1/10th scale track. But eletric buggies, why not?

I've always driven very carefully, and made clean passes, slowed down when necessary, etc. I have not seen any 1/8th beating up SC or other vehicles.

This is fine though as long as people running 1/8th scale can expect the big track to be watered and have lights on. If you shutdown the big track, you have to allow the 1/8th scale on the small track, even if that means splitting practice sessions.

ben
Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Ben,

Couldn't agree more! Thanks for reminding me: I forgot but was meaning to say the main (only) reason I run 1/8th on the small track was because the lights were off on the big track Or often when the lights were on, there would be few/no other drivers and few/no people to flip cars. While I was looking forward to practicing on the large track, I didn't mind driving 1/8th on the small track and I found it easy enough to be courteous to the 1/10th drivers.

It would be a shame if the lights stayed off on the big track for practice nights, but 1/8th was not allowed on the small track. I would be all for having both tracks running at the same time and rotating watering from one to the other.

I guess that's 4 cents now. I probably should stop or I will go broke!

Jeff

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I agree about nitros running on the 1/10th scale track. But eletric buggies, why not?

I've always driven very carefully, and made clean passes, slowed down when necessary, etc. I have not seen any 1/8th beating up SC or other vehicles.

This is fine though as long as people running 1/8th scale can expect the big track to be watered and have lights on. If you shutdown the big track, you have to allow the 1/8th scale on the small track, even if that means splitting practice sessions.

ben
Old 07-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

ben
Same here as well.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Factory SC10 KIT

Cline Hobbies in Chandler has one in stock! He wants to move it!

Also he is going to have Team Durango Buggies in on Monday the 12th!

Shumacher Cat and Cougar will be in This Friday the 9th!

New Hobby shop good guy!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPtracksANDfab View Post
Fear Farm started our track change that consisted of only the choice section but now the big rhythm section as well, with that said the track will be completely closed. Starting opening day on the new 1/8 layout there will be no more 1/8 on the 1/10 track other Vehicles such as Revos, T-Maxx, Savage, lst, and other large nitro/electric will not be allowed. countless 1/10 racers have come up to me and have complained about 1/8 and Revos breaking there 1/10 and the lack of respect of 1. 1/8th track is for 1/8th, the 1/10th track is for 1/10th and the oval is for 1/8th sprints and late-models with NO-PIN Tires.
Good call Jeff.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey have you guys decided yet on a day of which you are going to race the Dirt Oval track yet I got a sprint car and am building it now and would like to hopefuly come out a race it.
Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 1/8th scale track?

About how many 1/8th scale cars would I take on a normal practice night to get the lights turned on? or maybe even watered? just wondering. Getting into Nitro and when ever im running my SC i look over and soon as its dark your pretty much toast.. Unless maybe there is a certain night of the week for that practice? idk thanks Cory
Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Panther View Post
About how many 1/8th scale cars would I take on a normal practice night to get the lights turned on? or maybe even watered? just wondering. Getting into Nitro and when ever im running my SC i look over and soon as its dark your pretty much toast.. Unless maybe there is a certain night of the week for that practice? idk thanks Cory
I'm in the same boat. Even worse when I bring one of my kids. I'm shuffling between tracks and sometimes the big track gets shut down. Beyond that, biggest issue is no marshalling on the big track. Sometimes you get lucky and someone is out there flipping over cars.

ben
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Anyone heading out tonight?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Spoold97 View Post
Anyone heading out tonight?
I should be out tonight with 2 other people, 1/8th, a couple 1/10th, and SC. Should be a great time!

Jeff
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm in the same boat. Even worse when I bring one of my kids. I'm shuffling between tracks and sometimes the big track gets shut down. Beyond that, biggest issue is no marshalling on the big track. Sometimes you get lucky and someone is out there flipping over cars.

ben
Don't crash then there isnt an issue
Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Spironi View Post
I should be out tonight with 2 other people, 1/8th, a couple 1/10th, and SC. Should be a great time!

Jeff
Sounds good...See you there.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG View Post
Don't crash then there isnt an issue

That's been the best two cents of advice I have heard.

If u know u can't make it but u go for it anyway u deserve to walk down three stories to flip ur car over it will teach u some control while learning the track as well! Good luck on the new 1/8 scale lay out it looks dialed from the high way as usual Jeff is got mad skills!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.