Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
  #871  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

If you are reading this FF, please make the new section run parallel to the driver stand as best as you can to allow perspective and depth perception. And of course avoid blind spots.

Thanks for listening and making changes so soon after opening.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:51 AM
  #872  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aznitronut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 2,486
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Travis, it was fun.
aznitronut is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 AM
  #873  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
AZrc8driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesa,AZ
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Track change

So when do you guys plan on doing the 1/8 track change? I'm sure its posted on here some where?
AZrc8driver is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
  #874  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Marcus Falconie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,462
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by runninrich View Post
First looks of track getting a make over
When is the first RACE on the new track?????
Marcus Falconie is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM
  #875  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Spoold97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Armwrestling Tables
Posts: 1,034
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Weird question...

Would it be possible if the 1/8 scales can still hit the track...obviously excluding the right side of the track? There are a few things I want to test on the big section.
Spoold97 is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 AM
  #876  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
When is the first RACE on the new track?????
Did you shoot any video of the racing like you had planned?

Originally Posted by Spoold97 View Post
Weird question...

Would it be possible if the 1/8 scales can still hit the track...obviously excluding the right side of the track? There are a few things I want to test on the big section.
Sounds like a great question to me.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
  #877  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Marcus Falconie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,462
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I didn't make it out to video the electric's but I have hours of video from the old track, I can splice somthing togeather
Marcus Falconie is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
  #878  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
I didn't make it out to video the electric's but I have hours of video from the old track, I can splice somthing togeather
I was interested mostly because I was racing that night.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
  #879  
Tech Addict
 
razo125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FearFarm - Arizona
Posts: 663
Default

Originally Posted by FearFarmRC View Post
This week we will have the 1/8 scale track closed for changes. From your suggestions, we are making some modifications that we hope will increase the fun. The rack should be back open next Tuesday night. We are also looking at a night during the week to light up the 1/8 sclae track and water it down for practice. If you have any suggestions, please send them our way.

Thank you,
Fear Farm RC
Awesome! Can we leave a wish list on here. I know a PM works too, but really this IS the FF thread. What better place to leave feedback so everyone can see it. You'll get people that chime in that agree and disagree and leave their own feedback. As long as it stays constructive.

I don't know if FF is changing the layout completely but if they are here are some features that I think would make the track more fun and conducive to good wheel to wheel racing. Since I don't know the new layout, these are general ideas.

1. Lanes further away from the stand are fine, but lanes close to the stand can be a little narrower because you can see your car easier. Lanes further away should be wider in general because your depth perception goes downhill the further away you get. Narrower lanes close to the stand gives you more room for lanes, and you don't need to make the track as deep to get the same amount of lanes. I'm not talking extremely narrow lanes, 12 feet is fine. 15ft or maybe even more in th back lanes. This best of both worlds gives you a big track high speed feel, but at the same time you get the fun small track features at the same time.
2. I like the parts further away from the track more flowing and high speed. Straights and sweepers and lanes with no weird angles. No angles where your driving straight away from your car, I prefer seeing the side of the car when its far away. Again all of these for visibility reasons. Lanes far away should have race lines where you don't need to be 6" off the pipe to go fast. Make multiple race lines so if your running with multiple cars in a lane or a train it doesn't get broken up if someone is not on the single fast race line on the farthest part of track with limited viability.
3. Lanes closer to the drivers stand should be the tight technical parts, where it IS advantageous to driver a tighter line. Make 1 or two fast lines.
4. Big jumps are ok for me personally as long as you can see the setup and landing area. Make the landing ramp long and friendly for all driver skill levels.
5. IMO a quads or triples are pointless if the center jumps are never used because they are significantly slower. Just make it a big table top. This means the drivers who can't clear the big jump only lose a few tenths instead of seconds each lap. It allows for more racing, instead of getting lapped by the end of a long race just because you don't have HP to downside a section. This is just my preference, not that big of a deal i guess.
6. 180 turns are fun, but don't forget the sweepers and chicanes. Just my preference.
7. We got guys that run 7-8mins and guys that can run 10+ mins. Make the pit lane so it's not a huge advantage for either. Then again, I usually do longer pit stops so to help me make them looooong pits. LOL


Basically any layout that is conducive to running a train of 12-15 cars around the track. I'm not talking easy, just one where everything can be negotiated because it's layed out with vision and depth perception taken into account.

Last edited by razo125; 07-07-2010 at 02:18 PM.
razo125 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:28 AM
  #880  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aznitronut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 2,486
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by razo125 View Post
Awesome! Can we leave a wish list on here. I know a PM works too, but really this IS the FF thread. What better place to leave feedback so everyone can see it. You'll get people that chime in that agree and disagree and leave their own feedback. As long as it stays constructive.

I don't know if FF is changing the layout completely but if they are here are some features that I think would make the track more fun and conducive to good wheel to wheel racing. Since I don't know the new layout, these are general ideas.

1. Lanes further away from the stand are fine, but lanes close to the stand can be a little narrower because you can see your car easier. Lanes further away should be wider in general because your depth perception goes downhill the further away you get. Narrower lanes close to the stand gives you more room for lanes, and you don't need to make the track as deep to get the same amount of lanes. I'm not talking extremely narrow lanes, 12 feet is fine. 15ft or maybe even more in th back lanes. This best of both worlds gives you a big track high speed feel, but at the same time you get the fun small track features at the same time.
2. I like the parts further away from the track more flowing and high speed. Straights and sweepers and lanes with no weird angles. No angles where your driving straight away from your car, I prefer seeing the side of the car when its far away. Again all of these for visibility reasons. Lanes far away should have race lines where you don't need to be 6" off the pipe to go fast. Make multiple race lines so if your running with multiple cars in a lane or a train it doesn't get broken up if someone is not on the single fast race line on the farthest part of track with limited viability.
3. Lanes closer to the drivers stand should be the tight technical parts, where it IS advantageous to driver a tighter line. Make 1 or two fast lines.
4. Big jumps are ok for me personally as long as you can see the setup and landing area. Make the landing ramp long and friendly for all driver skill levels.
5. IMO a quads or triples are pointless if the center jumps are never used because they are significantly slower. Just make it a big table top. This means the drivers who can't clear the big jump only lose a few tenths instead of seconds each lap. It allows for more racing, instead of getting lapped by the end of a long race just because you don't have HP to downside a section. This is just my preference, not that big of a deal i guess.
6. 180 turns are fun, but don't forget the sweepers and chicanes. Just my preference.
7. We got guys that run 7-8mins and guys that can run 10+ mins. Make the pit lane so it's not a huge advantage for either. Then again, I usually do longer pit stops so to help me make them looooong pits. LOL


Basically any layout that is conducive to running a train of 12-15 cars around the track. I'm not talking easy, just one where everything can be negotiated because it's layed out with vision and depth perception taken into account.
Those are some great suggestions, also, it would be nice to have tracks that do not need 15 marshalls for one race, large tracks seem to have that. When you have only maybe 8 cars in a heat, then the next heat is 14 or 15, then it's a scramble to get additional marshalls when needed. just my 2.
aznitronut is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
  #881  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Spoold97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Armwrestling Tables
Posts: 1,034
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

If we get enough 8e's again Saturday, could we run a class on the 1/10th track? Last Saturday we were told we needed a miniumum of 4.
Spoold97 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 AM
  #882  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Spoold97 View Post
If we get enough 8e's again Saturday, could we run a class on the 1/10th track? Last Saturday we were told we needed a miniumum of 4.
Is there racing this Saturday on the 1/10th scale track? If so, then Friday would work better for me. I'd rather practice this week.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 AM
  #883  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
nta01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

This Saturday is racing on the 1/10 track.

Next race on the re-done 1/8 track is next Saturday, 7/17/10.
nta01 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 AM
  #884  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Spoold97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Armwrestling Tables
Posts: 1,034
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Is there racing this Saturday on the 1/10th scale track? If so, then Friday would work better for me. I'd rather practice this week.

ben
We most likely wont be able to Friday. I have to wait on a couple parts that will be here Saturday, and Bobby might not even get his stuff until Saturday.
Spoold97 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 AM
  #885  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 42
Default

Fear Farm started our track change that consisted of only the choice section but now the big rhythm section as well, with that said the track will be completely closed. Starting opening day on the new 1/8 layout there will be no more 1/8 on the 1/10 track other Vehicles such as Revos, T-Maxx, Savage, lst, and other large nitro/electric will not be allowed. countless 1/10 racers have come up to me and have complained about 1/8 and Revos breaking there 1/10 and the lack of respect of 1. 1/8th track is for 1/8th, the 1/10th track is for 1/10th and the oval is for 1/8th sprints and late-models with NO-PIN Tires.
JPtracksANDfab is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.