Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 06-02-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Today (technically yesterday) was my first time running at fear farm. I'm still a noob so I ran electric novice. On my first run I did more flips and cartwheels than an Olympic gymnast, think I finished last or second to last. Second run I didn't flip so much but still finished second to last. On my last run I finished 2nd place! I was surprised but I took it nice and easy just try to be consistent. Overall I had fun and hope to be out there more often and better prepared.

Big thx to Joe Lacey and Team Chorizo for the help and great advice.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slowclod View Post
Today (technically yesterday) was my first time running at fear farm. I'm still a noob so I ran electric novice. On my first run I did more flips and cartwheels than an Olympic gymnast, think I finished last or second to last. Second run I didn't flip so much but still finished second to last. On my last run I finished 2nd place! I was surprised but I took it nice and easy just try to be consistent. Overall I had fun and hope to be out there more often and better prepared.

Big thx to Joe Lacey and Team Chorizo for the help and great advice.
That's so awesome. Kenny told me about 6 years ago "Slow is fast."
There were a ton of electric and nitro novice racers at the track last night, thanks a ton to Joe Lacey and others for workin the electric track with the compactor, made a huge difference in the race surface. Thanks as always to Fear Farm for the great venue, and One Hobbies and Gary Hayes for collaborating on the Sizzling Summer Series and putting it together. Had a great time out there peeps! See you next week!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You guys are lucky I like playing in the dirt! but in all honesty I like doing it, my goal is to get that 1/10 scale back to how it used to be, 100+ entries for electric alone and 40+ for nitro on a club night, those were the days! The 10th still has a way to go but it will get there, I'm glad everyone liked it, Makes it worth it in the end!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Great night!

OK, so I'm sold on the electric track and will have my 22 out there next Saturday! Thanks to Joe, Gary, and everyone else that has worked so hard on it!

The night was really great with no issues. Thanks to Gentry, Robert, Gary, and everyone that helps Fear Farm on race nights and during the week, you guys are awesome!

Congrats to the winners and especially Tom Stober who has held the Nitro Buggy title for 4 consecutive club races!! That's it, I'm taking out a 2nd mortgage to buy some speed!

Congrats Travis Saunders on the Truck win, even though you haven't run truck for awhile and didn't look at it until Friday night. lol Also a huge thanks for letting me run your buggy! It was nice to get out from behind the microphone for a while!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (39.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: txt
Round2.txt (42.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_01_Pro 4_A-Main.pdf (26.5 KB, 79 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

More Mains
Attached Files
R3_Race_08_Pro Lite_A-Main.pdf (26.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Last ones!

Congrats to Tommy for the double up!
Attached Files
R3_Race_09_Pro 2_A-Main.pdf (28.3 KB, 55 views)
Old 06-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

What a great night of racing!!!

Gettin home @ 3:30 in the morning was well worth it, track had incredible traction and held water awesome after the sun went down.

Finally starting to see better lap times, but need to work on consistency for sure, see you guys Saturday night!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

daaaaayuuum, looks like i take the honors for fastest lap with that blistering 111 second lap lol
Old 06-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Damn you Tommy lol. Good times last night.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.JOHNSON View Post
daaaaayuuum, looks like i take the honors for fastest lap with that blistering 111 second lap lol
Come get some redemption jonny
Old 06-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good times, some tempers flared about little shit (including mine), but hey, it was 110 in early june

My buggy would have been good...it will be ready for battle next week. I like the 10th scale track, too. Gary, joe lacey and others put in work. Great job all around.

I still think some of the pit guys were supposed to be marshals, but then, I didn't make it out to my cone after my 1 lap in the main. Bad on me. I did marshal or pay one for qualifiers (thanks, suzanne).we need cones on the 10th scale track. We also need to keep 8th scale OFF THE TENTH SCALE TRACK. it is fragile and not packed in like the 8th scale track. I'll be getting the 22t loved on this week and it will be ready to rock on saturday.

Thanks to the onehobbies guys for coming out to fear farm. Some of you had a hard time, and hated the weather. Before we had racing indoors in phoenix that's how it was all summer. I like it, and by midnight it was perfect lol.

I'm playing with the idea of a all night buggy and breakfast race in, say, august. Sunrise pancakes and eggs after an overnight race. Who is in?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
we need cones on the 10th scale track. We also need to keep 8th scale OFF THE TENTH SCALE TRACK. it is fragile and not packed in like the 8th scale track.

I'm playing with the idea of a all night buggy and breakfast race in, say, august. Sunrise pancakes and eggs after an overnight race. Who is in?
I 100% agree, at one point there was a 8th scale truck on the 1/10 track and you can see the damage they do to the track. Also marshalis were kinda scarce. Especially in the places we needed them. Do get me wrong i had a hell of a time. I can't wait till next time.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bryman042 View Post
I 100% agree, at one point there was a 8th scale truck on the 1/10 track and you can see the damage they do to the track. Also marshalis were kinda scarce. Especially in the places we needed them. Do get me wrong i had a hell of a time. I can't wait till next time.
I think our second qualifier had 3 marshals lol

Last edited by Spoold97; 06-03-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Due to personal schedule conflicts I won't be attending Saturday :-( but if some how plans fall through I will be out there. So if anyone is able to step in Saturday to help keep the 1/10th track together (looking at fellow 1h team drivers) that would be great, also i may get out there this week to fix the faces on the doubles and the rough sections that are slowly blowing out so if anyone can help with that let me know
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

pretty sure these guys are laughing at us

hahahhttp://www.neobuggy.net/2013/06/03/the-9-hour-indonesia-endurance-race/

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.