Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default hank you Tom

Thank you Tom. It is ok I totally understand I hope it takes off too,but if not I put a sc body on and go do donkey flips in a SC.Kenny already said no open wheel today in KBRL series when I called him and that is understandable for all reasons mentioned.For the most part I was wanting to be another one to race with the sc buggy on club nights in stock out of the box just to run it even if with novice just to have fun....? and in time we will all get to drive one and perhaps like them just as much as our sc's.I didn't want to cause greif on any part in fact that it was silly nonsense and we now have the phrase "donkey flip" (thank you Mike Friery for that i hope I didn't offend you with my reply) use Donkey flip at the next event announcing Tom it will perk up ears. and there goes Darrin Hunt donkey flipping down the front straight again.OMG too funny.S as for now I can run one at club nights at Fear Factory to go have fun and race and possibly inspire others to buy one and get the class of its own? I just may be in for that.Maybe we could have a Saturday night donkey flip contest? .Last time i swear....

Just wanting to race and have fun I will go back to in person asking of issues and just watch the soap opera unfold not logged on
Thanks for the reply Tom see you soon.
Darrin Hunt
Captain of Arizona Donkey flippers local 666

wanting to race and have fun. Darrin

Last edited by PIMP_9000; 07-06-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: donkey flipped
Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

honestly db should have its own class and sc trucks should be in there own class for series races... i dont see why cant run it in club races ...... honestly if you are going to spend the money buy a really nice sc trk and/or make the ones you got better till the class gets bigger for the db's ..i expect this class will boom alittle more and should have enough for a class in the near future .. just my opinion totally up to the promoters if they want that car with the trucks or not

why donkey flipping ??????????????
Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is Fear Farm racing 1/8th scale or 1/10 scale Saturday night?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FearFarmRC View Post
This week we will have the 1/8 scale track closed for changes. From your suggestions, we are making some modifications that we hope will increase the fun. The rack should be back open next Tuesday night. We are also looking at a night during the week to light up the 1/8 sclae track and water it down for practice. If you have any suggestions, please send them our way.

Thank you,
Fear Farm RC
No 1/8 scale Saturday
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by will g View Post
honestly db should have its own class and sc trucks should be in there own class for series races... i dont see why cant run it in club races ...... honestly if you are going to spend the money buy a really nice sc trk and/or make the ones you got better till the class gets bigger for the db's ..i expect this class will boom alittle more and should have enough for a class in the near future .. just my opinion totally up to the promoters if they want that car with the trucks or not

why donkey flipping ??????????????
Why not? how you been Will its been a minute huh?
I got a really nice sc10 all done but I seen the db last sat night in person and honestly I want one to prepare for when it does boom you know how it is right just like the slash when they were the only one in the corner of the market? tell me AE,HPI,Losi and Traxxas have not even seen this db or thought about a body change for there current product line.I am sure there are alot of people that would rather racea buggy than truck just like truggy/buggy dilema.Either way lets race and keep donkey flipping to a maximum.
I still love nitro but want to be able to race more and electric is very easy clean up and more week night friendly to go practice,play and race.You can't even really get a replacement body for the db it is that fresh but given time and exspoure from fans of sc change and variety is good right? I think it would be awesome to have pro 2 /4 truck and buggy you could race 2 classes like in nitro with way less hassle and the tiny 1/10 are just too darn small to be fun for me at all.I hope that I can race pro 2 and novice with the db to keep out of the way of the more serious sc truck guys but when in Rome...The other kick back is that I could possibly have two sc trucks to choose from for series races like kbrl/paddok too as each car has a possible advantage in some cases.I just bought one on a main I am sure no one in town has one anyway there not popular enough to warrant shelf space in a brick and mortar yet as we seen today.I hope that wehter or not I have to race with pro 2 I am not going to go out and dominate I am having too much fun having fun and unless there lapping me I do not see any donkey flips in the future for the leaders.The Db excites me to really want to race electric more so I needed the facts before I just bought a basher buggy for now.
I am hoping too that with a nice oval like a FF ther will be a gathering of them too I want a rexrode sprint car(another ruling for racing great..) and a late model possibly there you can get silly building parts and fabbing cause it is more like real racing with all the tricks and stuff and I have full access to a machine shop and cnc stuff so it will be fun if it takes off well.
go buy a db and help support the class Will I will pay for 25% of the 199.99 kit if you do then Ill race you. Then there will be 5 enough to possibly warrant a class already.No I will not help anyone else buy there toys.... just Will G he has given me alot of help in the past..
Old 07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wild gopher View Post

I FRIGGIN LOVE YOU WILD GOPHER THAT IS MY NEW DESKTOP
replacing the bob ross painting slayer reighn in blood
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Now thats funny I don't care who you are thats funny right there
and they said donkey flipping was no fun

I beg to differ now for sure. See you SC guys on Thursday
with my SC "truck"
Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Think maybe a little OCD goin on here?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Pimp is back!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[/QUOTE]

That one is already taken..... www.ibewlocal666.com

The Donkey Flip is a much feared reaction of the old AE B3. Sometimes when pushing the b3 buggy a bit past its limits it would fight back and give it's self up, to the donkey flip. (much like how a Turtle hides in it's shell when scared or how a Possum play's dead) This is not to be confused with the all to common "B3 Buzzard Bounce" or the often talked about (but much more rare) "Cheetah Flip". Unlike the Buzzard Bounce and the Donkey Flip, the Cheetah Flip was welcomed with open arms. (Imagine a Cheetah tripping at high speed rolling head over heals then back on to its feet actually gaining speed)
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post

The Donkey Flip is a much feared reaction of the old AE B3. Sometimes when pushing the b3 buggy a bit past its limits it would fight back and give it's self up, to the donkey flip. (much like how a Turtle hides in it's shell when scared or how a Possum play's dead) This is not to be confused with the all to common "B3 Buzzard Bounce" or the often talked about (but much more rare) "Cheetah Flip". Unlike the Buzzard Bounce and the Donkey Flip, the Cheetah Flip was welcomed with open arms. (Imagine a Cheetah tripping at high speed rolling head over heals then back on to its feet actually gaining speed)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing things up Casey.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post

The Donkey Flip is a much feared reaction of the old AE B3. Sometimes when pushing the b3 buggy a bit past its limits it would fight back and give it's self up, to the donkey flip. (much like how a Turtle hides in it's shell when scared or how a Possum play's dead) This is not to be confused with the all to common "B3 Buzzard Bounce" or the often talked about (but much more rare) "Cheetah Flip". Unlike the Buzzard Bounce and the Donkey Flip, the Cheetah Flip was welcomed with open arms. (Imagine a Cheetah tripping at high speed rolling head over heals then back on to its feet actually gaining speed)[/quote]

Awesome...But what's the Buzzard Bounce?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default Exclusive first looks

Originally Posted by FearFarmRC View Post
This week we will have the 1/8 scale track closed for changes. From your suggestions, we are making some modifications that we hope will increase the fun. The track should be back open next Tuesday night. We are also looking at a night during the week to light up the 1/8 sclae track and water it down for practice. If you have any suggestions, please send them our way.

Thank you,
Fear Farm RC
First looks of track getting a make over
Attached Thumbnails FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY-photo3.jpg   FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY-photo2.jpg   FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY-photo1.jpg   FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY-photo.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default hey

DANG Darrin, you must not have used up all your words at work or something. Same thing happens to my daughter sometimes, she comes home from school with a few thousand words left, chattering like crazy.

Speaking of, she is beggin me to get you to paint the body Hello Kitty style. I'll figure it out and PM you when it's decided.

Hey Tom thanks for remembering me in the raffle! "There's only one person here that can run these." Hahaha, only one Jammin truggy at the track? I remember when there were TONS of Jammin racers, now it seems they've fallen a bit behind. Anyway, still a tough truck and I think I could do more good with track time than changing cars. I blew it at the end of the main, and Veno made a CLUTCH run through the last set of jumps to take the win. Great race at the end Veno!

See you again, great place to race.

Travis

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.