Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Do you guys have many 1/10 4X4 SC show on race days? Im looking for a place that has more of a showing than the indoor tracks out here. Also wanting to get my EB48 buggy on the track some too, its hasent even run since I built it.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We usually have a few 4x4 trucks show up.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Do you guys have many 1/10 4X4 SC show on race days? Im looking for a place that has more of a showing than the indoor tracks out here. Also wanting to get my EB48 buggy on the track some too, its hasent even run since I built it.
I know for a fact there will be some 4x4 sc trucks out at fear farm
Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

is the farm racing on the 20th of april ,did we get the generator issues solved or are we off for the weekend ???
Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Any one have a nova carb they would like to sell?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mortrcnut View Post
is the farm racing on the 20th of april ,did we get the generator issues solved or are we off for the weekend ???
Yes there is racing it was mentioned on the last page yes racing and fear farm will use a bigger better generator until the other is repaired
Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caprezmikeb View Post
Any one have a nova carb they would like to sell?
I'll sell one of mine but not the one I lent you.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Gary, do you need me to set up the audio for saturday?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

have fun saturday guys,

i'm flying to S. Carolina tonight for a wedding so i don't getta play toy cars this weekend...

see ya'll in two weeks!!! later G
Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s1nst3r View Post
Joe,

Next weekend was not an option because Kenny is out of town and I am out of town as well. In addition a lot of people scheduled their availability for the series's based on the dates we calendared. With everything that happened last night we felt it best to hold off on making any rash decisions until we could all sit down with a clear head and come to an amicable solution.

On another note FF called me last night and they were very concerned for their racers. They assured me the generator will be fixed and the other generator will be brought up in the meantime. In addition we will make everything right for both the series and nitro racers alike.

The turnout last night was awesome seeing the new faces was great. We will continue to improve upon the track and I am definitely looking forward to the future rounds of the series.

I also wanted to give a big thanks to everybody that helped out last night with our track prep, pa system and general maintenance of the facility. Without your help last night wouldn't have even been a possibility. Thanks again for doing an outstanding job.

And yes Joe we will have someone there to run the races for next weekend.
How are we racing with both Kenny and Gary out of town?

I'm gonna talk to Gary and post on here whether we are racing or not.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok guys, so I was told that Travis will be running races this Saturday.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sean Dickinson View Post
Ok guys, so I was told that Travis will be running races this Saturday.
Your not taking your big ole rig to silver state?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
2013 Fear Farm 240 Intro and Rules

Alright everyone, here comes just about anything you need to know about the upcoming Fear Farm 240.* For those of you that were around 7 years ago, you'll most likely have fond memories of the endurance races from those days.* The very first endurance race at the nitro pit was the Ironman 120 and the legend was born before the race even got started....**
It was a Saturday evening and two races were scheduled, the truck race was I believe first and was to go off at 6PM, for 2 hours of racing.* Well at about 5:45 it started raining and it kept up for the next 20 minutes.* I called all the drivers up to the drivers stand and with it still coming down pretty good I asked if they wanted to wait it out or start the show.* The vote was unanimous with everyone wanting to start the true test of endurance, under the less than perfect conditions.** The race started and ran in the rain for maybe the first 30 minutes before tapering off.* The rain made the track perfect all night and helped to create lasting memories of the race.
So....* For me, it's easy to get excited for the Fear Farm race, especially with the prospect of 4 hours of racing where anything can and will happen.* I hope for those of you that weren't a part of the races years ago will give this race some consideration.* I think if you sit it out and watch from the sidelines, you'll be kicking yourself during and after this one and chomping at the bit for the next one.
Running the show back in the day, we learned just how prepared you have to be for this type of race both on and off the track.* The race itself has so many unique aspects, that it requires a lengthy list of rules just to make sure we're all on the same page as the race unfolds..*

Here are the rules at this time with maybe a few additions coming in the weeks leading up to the race.*

The race will be held at Fear Farm RC Raceway on May 11th, 2013.* Start time will be 7:30PM and the race will run continuously for 4 hours.*
The entry fee for the 4 hour endurance race is $100 per team.* Each team will officially be registered once the registration fee has been paid in full.* Remember 16 is the maximum number of teams for this race and each team should have 4 racers listed at registration.
The track will be watered extensively for 3 hours prior to the race and will not be watered after the race begins.* Pipe maintenance only will be completed during the race.
The maximum number of teams is 16.
Teams may have no more than TWO chassis sponsored drivers on them.
All teams MUST have 4 racers. All efforts will be made to find drivers to fill teams on race day. If for any reason we have a couple teams with only 3 drivers, they may not have more than 1 chassis sponsored driver.
Each team must register by assigning each team member as drivers 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively. Each driver will have their driver number pinned to the back of their shirt during the event. These numbers must stay on their shirts during the entire event, not just while they are driving.

Each 30 minute segment will be driven by the assigned drivers.
The starting grid will be done by a pill draw 30 minutes before racing begins.
Teams (driver #1) will line up on the drivers stand in reverse order of the pill draw 10 minutes before race is to begin. A Fear Farm official will allow each driver to pick his spot one at a time. This spot will be where the team will drive from the entire race. NO SWITCHING ALLOWED.
There will be a 3 minute warm up before all cars are called to the starting line. There will be NO 2 MINUTE CALL ALLOWED. Once the RD calls the cars to the starting line, there is no turning back. At the sound of the tone, a 4 hour clock will begin.
The 4 hour race will run continuously but in 8, 30 minute segments.
An official on the drivers stand will regulate the transfer of drivers. At the 27 minute mark of each segment, a 2 minute warning will be announced. This is to let all teams know they have 2 minutes to prepare for the driver switch. At the 29 minute mark, the official will announce that the driver switch window is open. This is a 2 minute window that teams may switch their driver. At 1 minute into the next segment, all appropriately numbered drivers must be driving. If any team switches drivers outside this number, a 5 minute stop and go penalty will be assessed, *(or*3 positions will be docked from their final results, if violation found after the race has completed).

Segment schedule
0-30 min Driver 1
30-60 min Driver 2
60-90 min Driver 3
90-120 min Driver 4
120-150 min Driver 1
150-180 min Driver 2
180-210 min Driver 3
210-240 min Driver 4
No exceptions to this. Each segment can only be driven by the assigned driver. If a teams car is down for repair during a segment, that driver may not make up the missed minutes later.
Each team must register their car prior to the event. The chassis will be marked. A team may use as many engines, electronics, parts etc. that are needed to finish the event but they must use and finish with the same car (chassis) they registered.* ((In case of broken chassis, a fresh replacement chassis can be registered and marked at tech.* Chassis must have no parts attached prior to tech inspection and marking.))
All fuel tanks will be teched prior to the race. Fuel tanks of the top 5 team will be teched following the finish of the race.* From end of race, each team in the top 5 has a maximum 20 minutes to pass tech, this is referred to as the cool down period. Failed post race tech will result in disqualification.
Each team will have an assigned cone on the track to marshal. That cone must be manned at all times, no exceptions.*At any time when a teams cone is unattended, no laps will be scored for the team.* Even during repairs, a team is still required to man their designated cone.*
Transponders:* Once everyone is successfully checked in, all transponder issues are the responsibility of the teams.* No hand counting of laps will occur.

If a team cuts the track, a 10 second stop and go penalty will be assessed. After 2 stop and go penalties have been assed to a team, the third incident results in a 5 minute stop and go. After that, the team will be disqualified.

Aggressive driving will be monitored closely and the following penalties will be in effect: 1st offense is a warning, 2nd offense will be a Stop and go, 3rd team offense will result in disqualification. (3 steps per team, not per driver) .

Weve done so much club racing over the past few years and Im really excited to have something different scheduled at times throughout 2013. Please call me if youre on the fence about this one as I really really hope you make an effort to race this event and experience what some of us have before...

Its really a whole new ballgame with this race, as the fastest team wont always win. All I want to know is....................................

Who has Bill Mason on their team?

Call, Text, or Email me, to get your team registered!!

Kenny Brosh
Cell: 6024183846
Email: [email protected]

Kenny is truggy's allowed or just for buggy's ?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rbrownsr View Post
Kenny is truggy's allowed or just for buggy's ?
This event is for buggies only. If all goes well Kenny and I might do a truggy endurance race later this year and make them each annual events.

If you don't have a buggy you can still participate in the race. There will be a lot of teams in need of drivers so hopefully everyone that wants to take part in this event can find a team to race with.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Default Endurance race reminder...

Well guys, teams are shaping up from what I hear but officially we're still a long way from 16 teams..

I have several confirmed teams but from all the talk I think there might be another 5 teams out there that haven't contacted me. This should be a fun race and one that everyone has a chance in! Like I said last week, you don't have to be the fast team to win this race!

I think I'll have my team set by the end of the day today and I would recommend others to get their teams in order and send me an email with your team members and team name. I remember 10 years ago when Thunder Ally used to do an endurance race (Including gas truck), there were always teams like:

Team Losi #1
Team Losi #2
AE #1
Thunder Alley #1
Etc.

I'll give you guys a day before I steal a name. lol

Once again, if you are planning on fielding a team and just haven't got around to letting me know, please make contact with me soon. Even if you don't have all your members, I need to start planning this out with support staff and equipment.

Have a good day everyone! Travis and I talked for 2 hours last night, so he knows where the bullhorn is.

Kenny
[email protected]

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.