Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
If anybody is looking for an extra driver for the endurance race let me know. I'd like to submit an application. It sounds super fun!
Done i'll take you up on that offer Chance
Old 04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Joe,

Next weekend was not an option because Kenny is out of town and I am out of town as well. In addition a lot of people scheduled their availability for the series's based on the dates we calendared. With everything that happened last night we felt it best to hold off on making any rash decisions until we could all sit down with a clear head and come to an amicable solution.

On another note FF called me last night and they were very concerned for their racers. They assured me the generator will be fixed and the other generator will be brought up in the meantime. In addition we will make everything right for both the series and nitro racers alike.

The turnout last night was awesome seeing the new faces was great. We will continue to improve upon the track and I am definitely looking forward to the future rounds of the series.

I also wanted to give a big thanks to everybody that helped out last night with our track prep, pa system and general maintenance of the facility. Without your help last night wouldn't have even been a possibility. Thanks again for doing an outstanding job.

And yes Joe we will have someone there to run the races for next weekend.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Gary,

Thanks for the update.... I have no doubt Fear Farm will make it right and things happen.

I would like to volunteer a little something to make things a little easier on the H2O side...

I will donate all the Sch 80 PVC pipe and fittings and an electric pump simallar to the electric pump that we had at the Nitro Pit and do away with gas powered pump.

Only thing it will need is a dedicated 120v power source for the pump. I can put together a parts list to tie it in next weekend when I'm out and maybe Singletary can help me plumb it in.... Let me know

Thank you Kenny/Gary and the owners for giving us a great facility to run our toy cars at.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Water pump... Mmmmm Nice!

Rodney, thank you very much for that offer! Having a pump like that will make life so much easier, for the guys that bust their asses to keep that lawnmower engine running. Fear Farm actually bought that old Nitro Pit pump, so all we need to do is get it mounted up, wired, and plumed into the existing system. From talking to Gary last night, sounds like ff already has a cage built for it and is ready to mount it up. Let's try to get that done asap. So over the headache of the existing system.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys I am really happy to hear there is so much work and effort going into the track to make it even better than it is. I really love racing at the farm and appreciate everyone who makes it happen, thank you.

On another note I know things did not go as planned yesturday but aside from the obvious things that happened there was one thing I would like to have changed for the next event and that is on the nitro side we are all a bit bummed that there is an electric series and not a nitro but that decision has already been made but please do not cut our racing short because of an electric point series. I dont know what was planned for nitro mains but I have never been to fear farm and raced a 5min nitro qualifier before last night. I am not looking to start anything with bringing this up I just want it to be thought about. I will continue to race and have fun out at the farm either way but please try to come up with a solution to keep our 7min quals and 20min A-mains.

Thanks guys for all your efforts
Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Andy, I was still running 20 minute A's up until the generator dropped the lights (first time). Back when we used to have 100 at a club race, we did 5 minute qualifiers but still did extended mains of 15 or 20 minutes. Don't look for the Nitro program to get pinched..
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Are you guys still able to retrieve any of the heat sheets from Saturday? I know there wasn't too many....Just curious about one of my heats lol

Last edited by Spoold97; 04-15-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a great time. No complaints but I will bring up that, some of the new racers had a hard time figuring out when their heats were. It didnít seem as tho there was much PA talk during the races either. I am not sure if there were PA issues or not. I just know of a few racers who were late to their race (race 1) and didnít understand what was going on.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Seeds View Post
I had a great time. No complaints but I will bring up that, some of the new racers had a hard time figuring out when their heats were. It didnít seem as tho there was much PA talk during the races either. I am not sure if there were PA issues or not. I just know of a few racers who were late to their race (race 1) and didnít understand what was going on.
I know I personally missed two minutes of my second heat lol. I swore I heard them say nitro next and I looked over and saw them watering the 10th. So I made my way over to the One Hobbies trailer. Then realizing my race had already started...I hopped on the track with 3 min left. This I think was more of my fault because I should have asked if I wasnt sure. Either way, still had a good time.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

With the generator sending un clean power to the timers tower, I was fighting PA, printer, Decoder box, and computer problems during the entire first round. Right when I thought things would start running quicker and smoother, the lights went out. I was literally just thinking, "finally I'll be able to actually do some announcing". and the lights went out. :-(

Shitty situation that could have been avoided.

Gary has the computer and should be able to post round 1 results.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Darn...i was looking for round two. thanks though
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Let the cat out of the bag early and we will be seeing a good amount of nitro 1/10 trucks this weekend. Nasty you have company
Old 04-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

he has rd 2 as well
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ugh...gotta work again. And I have to order some parts for the gt2. Bummer.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just got home from the office I will try to get those posted tomorrow for you guys.

Last edited by s1nst3r; 04-17-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.