Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So Quicks is out ???? And OH is in is that the lastest news ??
Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looking forward to the help Chris! Hopefully all these plans turn things around out there. See you guys out there in a couple weeks after Havasu this weekend.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think any of the others would want to mix an expert class. The problem is, the novice guys either aren't out there, or decided to step up to open. All I know is it was more work marshalling my own race (couldn't get it ready for rd 2) was more work than any novice race. 14 buggies and short on marshal help is no fun. Some folks are gonna have to pick truck or buggy for that day, or bring a marshal. If half the racers don't marshal at all and we got 2 heats of shoulder to shoulder drivers on the stand, it isn't fair.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
I don't think any of the others would want to mix an expert class. The problem is, the novice guys either aren't out there, or decided to step up to open. All I know is it was more work marshalling my own race (couldn't get it ready for rd 2) was more work than any novice race. 14 buggies and short on marshal help is no fun. Some folks are gonna have to pick truck or buggy for that day, or bring a marshal. If half the racers don't marshal at all and we got 2 heats of shoulder to shoulder drivers on the stand, it isn't fair.
I agree with you Nasty about the marshalling issue. But I for one would be open to having a mixed expert class. I mean there are some people that definitely won't want to do it, but as long as the truggies race clean and don't use weight to their advantage, it would be fun.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe we could call it Masters Nitro Novice. I'd run that just to jam people up LOL. That's how novice is supposed to go, trucks be nice to the buggies etc. It would be interesting to get experienced drivers to follow those rules.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Been out every week on Sunday dry track practice, but my daughter's volleyball stuff kept me out of Saturday races. I'm doing my best to make it this weekend, so hope to see you all!

I would hate to reduce entries by telling someone they can't race both. Any downside to splitting up the biggest class, whether it's truck or buggy? Keep it split for the main also. B main, A main. That would give us our third group to rotate. If both groups have 12, split both. I guess if you have 12 people, it might be 6 driving, 4 marshall, 2 pit. At least it wouldn't be 4 marshalling for 12 buggies and 1 pit.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZTman View Post
Been out every week on Sunday dry track practice, but my daughter's volleyball stuff kept me out of Saturday races. I'm doing my best to make it this weekend, so hope to see you all!

I would hate to reduce entries by telling someone they can't race both. Any downside to splitting up the biggest class, whether it's truck or buggy? Keep it split for the main also. B main, A main. That would give us our third group to rotate. If both groups have 12, split both. I guess if you have 12 people, it might be 6 driving, 4 marshall, 2 pit. At least it wouldn't be 4 marshalls for 12 buggies and 1 pit.
Bottom line here is IF you RACE YOU MUST Marshall or have a volunteer it is that SIMPLE!!!! You guys are running people off by NOT having turnmarshalls!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody wants to be one of 5 guys out to try and marshall the entire track!! If you don't believe me look at how low the entries are!!! I get to here about it all the time over at One about the lack of turnmarshalls and people running 2 classes!!!! 6 people to try and turnmarshall that track is down right ridiculous that is how many I have at One and we are not even HALF the size of the Fear Farm Track!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carwreck View Post
Bottom line here is IF you RACE YOU MUST Marshall or have a volunteer it is that SIMPLE!!!! You guys are running people off by NOT having turnmarshalls!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody wants to be one of 5 guys out to try and marshall the entire track!! If you don't believe me look at how low the entries are!!! I get to here about it all the time over at One about the lack of turnmarshalls and people running 2 classes!!!! 6 people to try and turnmarshall that track is down right ridiculous that is how many I have at One and we are not even HALF the size of the Fear Farm Track!!!
Well said
Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caprezmikeb View Post
Well said
Sorry about that workout I gave Mike. I lost the car after it went over the hay bale. I thought it was on it's lid so I was blipping the throttle. Wasn't till you got there and raised before I noticed the car was almost on the southbound 101. So embarrassing. Good thing you was the only one who noticed Kenny MAY have caught it.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowjacey View Post
Once the summer season schedule comes into effect I'm sure more people will show, a lot of people also stopped coming out due to both tracks not having a layout change for a year. This year will be different hopefully
I'll be out Saturday to race. It's my first Saturday off since DNC. I've been itching to run the truggy since than. I'm glad to pit anyone and help turn marshal when I'm not racing. Just let me know.

See ya Saturday Joe and Big Nasty
Old 03-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has there every been a thought of running the 1/10 scale track if there is not enough people. I have been there the last 2 weekends and seen people flame out and have no help , people screaming on the stand because there car was not marshalled fast enough , Bill Mason pitting 15 buggies. This is The Nitro Pit revisted. As long as I remember after every Nitro Challenge the track is insane and needs plenty of marshalls which there is never close to enough. People get discouraged on how things go and decide to not show up as often.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you pay to marshall and race is a bonus...

thats why i think you should marshall the race before you're supposed to race...

just a suggestion
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.JOHNSON View Post
you pay to marshall and race is a bonus...

thats why i think you should marshall the race before you're supposed to race...

just a suggestion
There was only 2 races and half the drivers ran both of them so that would not have helped much. The only clear way to solve this is to limit heats to 6 entries or so or figure out a way to get a better turn out. If it stays the way it is then there is either no marshals, no pit men or both. If heats are 6-8 entries than making the 20 minute A main will be an accomplishment like in the old days. Everyone else goes into lower mains and there is plenty of help to go around. Personally I'm surprised Kenny allowed the buggy main to go off. There were 3 of us marshalling the whole track and 1 pit guy for 14 buggies! That was just ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

It was bad news. In the future we will do smaller heats and mains if we need to. Normally it's not a problem because we had 14 in both buggy and truck but then a few guys left early because they broke, a couple guys have medical issues, and a few more ran both classes.. We will go to night racing soon and I think things will work out better. A novice class would be nice so get some new guys pumped up to race!!

Looking forward to a really good summer at Fear Farm! Trevor and I have been working on 3-4 unique events and will be unveiling the first two tomorrow...
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome news, kenny. We're all looking forward to this summer

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.