Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Great Time at Fear Farm

First let me say Parker Kamryn and I had a great time at Fear Farm today. Everybody made us feel right at home. We will be back soon and often.
Then I would like to give a big thanks to Chris Stavros, Brian McMichael, and Vareck Wright. These three guys have been instrumental in helping me for the last six months as my family has gotten hooked on this hobby. I would also like to point out that its all Vareck's fault getting us into nitro. He spent the last four months telling Parker how great nitro is. Nitro this and nitro that nitro nitro nitro. Well after our first day out I think he might be right. Now that I think about it Sean Hammond might be a little to blame also. Anyway good times today for sure. See everone at the track real soon.

Lance Ayers
Old 12-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearman
First let me say Parker Kamryn and I had a great time at Fear Farm today. Everybody made us feel right at home. We will be back soon and often.
Then I would like to give a big thanks to Chris Stavros, Brian McMichael, and Vareck Wright. These three guys have been instrumental in helping me for the last six months as my family has gotten hooked on this hobby. I would also like to point out that its all Vareck's fault getting us into nitro. He spent the last four months telling Parker how great nitro is. Nitro this and nitro that nitro nitro nitro. Well after our first day out I think he might be right. Now that I think about it Sean Hammond might be a little to blame also. Anyway good times today for sure. See everone at the track real soon.

Lance Ayers
FYI, they're all nuts.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great to have you guys out there today. I think the kids had fun. Nitro is a bit overwhelming at first, but you got some good folks helping you get your legs.

I love seeing new people have a great time at the track. Come race again, soon. I think you're hooked!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Whatup fellaz! Awesome race day for sure. I couldn't figure out why I was in such a stank mood all week until I realized it was just nitro withdrawals! MAN I was glad to have such fantastic weather after getting rained out last weekend.

The track changes that were needed due to water made things flow really well I thought. I liked running the section that was removed tho, so I'm wondering how it would look if it was reincorporated, but moving left/right instead of front/back. Like make a righthand 180 after the two middle doubles somehow, instead of the right 90degree and back-to-front single-single. Not sure it would work out. Anyways had a blast with everyone. Sorry Gary and Sean for not calling the race time early enough and running you out of fuel.

Hey! I think Bill Mason actually lined up in his qualifying spot this week!
...And there was much rejoicing!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Lots of fun at my Nitro Coming Out Party

Been 2 years since i even touched them... and my Motors Kinda reflected it... Nova 21-7 just couldnt find its Bottom, needed a C6 plug... didnt have one... So for the Main tossed in my new OS Speed... and about 8 minutes in it dropped its Nuts... so again not the Bottom I wanted..

But all in all had a Good Day and even found some of my Driving skills..

Thanks Carwreck for the Mechanic and Pit Help.... and Truggy tank Telefson for the Comedy relief and Pit Help...

Fun Times.... ill be seeing you all again soon...

Stav
Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Best day of the year weather wise for sure. Track however was at its worse. It came back around for the main somewhat, but the piping is claiming a lot of victims. What I learned yesterday is the 1st lap of a race is extremely important. There is usually a pile up in the 1st 10 seconds and if you are in it you will be chasing for the remainder of the race.

Good times and hope to make it out this Saturday.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZTman
Whatup fellaz! Awesome race day for sure. I couldn't figure out why I was in such a stank mood all week until I realized it was just nitro withdrawals! MAN I was glad to have such fantastic weather after getting rained out last weekend.

The track changes that were needed due to water made things flow really well I thought. I liked running the section that was removed tho, so I'm wondering how it would look if it was reincorporated, but moving left/right instead of front/back. Like make a righthand 180 after the two middle doubles somehow, instead of the right 90degree and back-to-front single-single. Not sure it would work out. Anyways had a blast with everyone. Sorry Gary and Sean for not calling the race time early enough and running you out of fuel.

Hey! I think Bill Mason actually lined up in his qualifying spot this week!
...And there was much rejoicing!!!
Not your fault Travis, due to track conditions much more throttle was needed to clear everything and I still tried to push 9-10 minutes in my buggy, flamed at 8. Gary has been fighting tuning issues with that speed 19, so he wasn't sure as to when to pit.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Definitely a fun day of racing. Looking forward to my first open buggy race, was a blast having nasty on the Mic. Everyone have a merry Xmas and see you all next weekend!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It's looking like you guys are going to be seeing a lot more of me. I'll know for sure by Thursday, but things are looking good as of the conversation I had about an hour ago. So be prepared for a lot more podium finishes by this guy right here
Old 12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit
It's looking like you guys are going to be seeing a lot more of me. I'll know for sure by Thursday, but things are looking good as of the conversation I had about an hour ago. So be prepared for a lot more podium finishes by this guy right here>>> James Allara
Thanks Joe, I'm looking forward to it
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

bummed i missed the race day, looking forward to meeting the boys in AZ as i moved here not to long ago and need to get back into racing
but ill need some help starting/pitting as im by myself here
hopefully i can get more saturdays off, so i can get to the track!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Will there be racing this sat ?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Fo show
We be racing fo show
Old 12-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

There are 57 days and about 10 or 11hrs till NC2013 practice round #1. If we get to race every week till then, and Feb 16th is closed for track building, it means we have 7 nitro race days till showtime. Get your game plan together, work out the kinks, and let's try to pack the A mains!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU GASHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.