Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Lamb?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250 View Post
Jeff, great job on your tracks man. Glad to see you tackled that huge task. Right on man.
you back in town????
Old 06-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
Hyperion again has proved to be top notch both with their products but also their LOCAL support. Hyperion and many other RC products are distributed by Empire Hobby (they are right here in AZ) A few months back... a lipo went up in smoke after 3 cycles. One call to Hyperion and an email with some pics of the damage and they sent out a brand new pack within 3 days. I have since purchased a few more. I had nasty crash and tore apart one of the packs, keep in mind that there is no warranty against crashes, user error, or mishanding with any other company out there. I emailed Hyperion on Tuesday, they advised they have a low cost crash protection replacement program. They discounted a brand new pack to 40% off full retail, they just sent me an email confirming the new pack is on its way. Just wanted to share my experience with the local electric guys. These guys are super friendly and reallllly good. A+++

Hyperion now offers ROAR approved Swift (hard packs) as well.

I'm getting awesome run times and great performance out of these packs!!
Swift hard packs have been out for well over a year I got my hands on one and they were nice at first they say you can charge them at 10 amps! Well they did not stand behind there product advertisement after my battery went poof! So Reedy only for me!!!! Glad u had a good experience with them but I think they BLOW chunks!!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wild gopher View Post
Jerry....Jerry....Jerry....Jerry....Jerry
GOPHER! I miss the hell outta you. Where are you racing short course @?? I'm getting a pro2 together now (amateur 2, really) and I wanna check some of that out, cuz it's a lot cheaper than 8th scale.

Of course if you still got yer mugen, come out for a buggy race. I'll be your PB
Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Wayne, did you go ahead and finish the Jammin? I saw you were trying to sell it. The new Novak Ballistic 550 is finally out and mine should be here soon. Looking forward to trading some paint with ya. You going to be racing at Paddocks or FF? Hope so, and try to make it over to SRS, there has been a decent turn out for Pro-4. The Pit is a little far for club racing, but I will try to make it out soon just to see how driving the big track is with both my new Mugen and the Pro-4. LMK whats up.

Later
Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
WOW... that's funny shit right there.
I'm in agreement with Jaz about not arguing, and believe me, I'd rather just take it out on the track. But I am gonna step up here.....
You obviously don't RACE. Sorry if this offends you, but it is a RACE track. If you do this for fun, then pull out your transponder and see how much fun it is on race day. I'm not joe fast guy, but I do race. All over. And Tom, (azloode) IS a joe-fast-guy who races about 5X as much as I do.

No offense, bro, but until you spend as much time (in years) doing as many laps as someone like that, much less getting in the same ballpark as his lap times... then don't go around telling people like that to "..practice like the rest of us" I mean, really? Besides, if you actually cared at all about RACING at a RACE TRACK, you'd be very wise to get all the advice you can get from someone like Tom, and he'll be glad to give it. And it will make you faster.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but this was a silly thing to say.

If you don't like it, too bad. Nobody is bashing your track (it IS your track, right? No?) Everybody seems to like FF, I know that I liked it when I went there to practice before going the the Alabama race. I've actually heard from a couple of people who usually make A-mains in 8th scale (typically a 30 or 45 minute race) that it's a little busy. Racing that long at THAT pace would be a car killer and I agree. You know what it's like to race at THAT pace for THAT long, right?

If you don't.... then maybe you should "Practice like the rest of us instead of hiding here"

Just my .02

Dang Nasty! You hit the nail on the head!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Agreed with Big Nasty. +1
Old 06-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default July 3rd Race

Hi all,

We are looking at some input from the Racing community. As scheduled, we were planning on running a race on the 1/8 scale track this Saturday but we are looking at running the race on the small track to accommodate everyone since the small track can run 1/8 scale cars.

Racing to start at 7:00 PM, when it starts to cool down.

Classes would include the normal 1/10 classes:
2WD buggy
4WD buggy
truck
Novice
Stock SC
Pro2 SC
Pro4 SC
Electric would run 6 minute heats and 12 minute mains

1/8 scale:
1/8 buggy
1/8 truck

1/8 scales would run 6 minute heats and 20-30 minute (your choice) mains (1/8 will marshal 1/8)

We will have some prizes (TBA soon) to be raffled off. Every entry will receive a ticket for the raffles.

Please let us know your thoughts.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Suspended

If you get a good showing of 8th scales you should run them on the big track from the begining. Big track has pit lane, & is where they should be ran. Just what I would like to see. Hoping to have work off on the 3rd.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FearFarmRC View Post
Hi all,

We are looking at some input from the Racing community. As scheduled, we were planning on running a race on the 1/8 scale track this Saturday but we are looking at running the race on the small track to accommodate everyone since the small track can run 1/8 scale cars.

Racing to start at 7:00 PM, when it starts to cool down.

Classes would include the normal 1/10 classes:
2WD buggy
4WD buggy
truck
Novice
Stock SC
Pro2 SC
Pro4 SC
Electric would run 6 minute heats and 12 minute mains

1/8 scale:
1/8 buggy
1/8 truck

1/8 scales would run 6 minute heats and 20-30 minute (your choice) mains (1/8 will marshal 1/8)

We will have some prizes (TBA soon) to be raffled off. Every entry will receive a ticket for the raffles.

Please let us know your thoughts.
Any chance of making the 1/8th scale mains a bit shorter? Maybe 15 minutes so electrics can easily compete too? I've never raced before, so haven't spent a lot of time making sure my setup can do 20+ mins.

ben
Old 06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Any chance of making the 1/8th scale mains a bit shorter? Maybe 15 minutes so electrics can easily compete too? I've never raced before, so haven't spent a lot of time making sure my setup can do 20+ mins.

ben
Just have the other E's race and you can have your own class why would you punish the nitro class with a shorter main. Don't get mad of say somthing crazy I am just saying. They are not the same class.
I will race on the small track if that is what you are going to do!!!! If you are running on the big track let us know and we will get Ernests Z-Car out of storage for the race.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Just have the other E's race and you can have your own class why would you punish the nitro class with a shorter main. Don't get mad of say somthing crazy I am just saying. They are not the same class.
I will race on the small track if that is what you are going to do!!!!
I guess. But do you really need a 30-45 min main on the 1/10th scale track?

Doesn't seem like there is a huge E following yet for 1/8th scale. Just trying to get in on some racing.

ben
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Doesn't seem like there is a huge E following yet for 1/8th scale. Just trying to get in on some racing.

ben
Ben, lets just gather together at least 5-7 8e's. I would be down forsure.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ben
Ben some of us might come up from Sun Lakes this weekend and we have a full class of 1/8 e's usually. We will have to wait and see but might be a possibility. They should race seperate or do a battery change. Your one pit stop would add up to the 3-4 pit stops.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.