Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 PM
  #706  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
HPI Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: @ Quicks
Posts: 212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by az00lude View Post
Have you race at all? anywhere? or just bash?

I didn't see you there racing the first race at FF.... I see you on here all the time but yet when it comes time to race, you're busy.. go figures...

All the eastside guys came to support the first race there. Can you say the same?
i was actually in vegas for the first race, so i missed it. the other races have been 10th and nitro, so i haven't been able to. Regardless i do race, srs, the pit, etc. But i have no idea how thats relevant. All i'm saying is don't come out here to say YOUR going to break. It inevitable everyone is going to break at some point. I broke last weekend because some chick decided to stop in the middle of the straight on the 1:10 and turn around. Sometime you break because of driver error, sometimes you break because you get too confident, and sometimes you break because of other drivers. If you get to confident and take a jump and misjudge and case a landing or stuff a shock tower, or hit a hay bail and break an a arm, the "track" did not break your truck or buggy. If i break something its my own fault.

Can't we all just get along?!
HPI Havoc is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
  #707  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
HPI Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: @ Quicks
Posts: 212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
he has a point tho james, this guy is posting all this stuff but never races
dude come on... what does it matter if i havent raced a FF yet....I get out of work too late to race on the weekdays. and the only race that was open to electrics was when we were out of town, we went up last sat to race and it was nitro only. Regardless my original post was stating that i havent broken anything, i never claimed to have broken while racing, i just stated i haven't broken on that track. i'm not talking sh*t, but when he says "you will break" its uncalled for.

The guys that actually race have put a lot of time, and money into their truck or buggy. The guys that race usually are better drivers then the guys that only practice. I'd rather watch you guys tear it up then get in your way or cause a crash that breaks a 60.00 shock tower or a 200.00 big bore shock set. I will get out there an race when i'm more confident with my own driving and the track. There is no reason to be pissed at me for "not racing" when i would love to get out there and race on a race night, i miss it a lot, trust me. But i'm not about to ruins someones night because i'm in the way.

We all in enjoy this hobby, lets just be greatful there is a new venue and more and more ppl getting back into this hobby.
HPI Havoc is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
  #708  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
az00lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post

Can't we all just get along?!
Agreed.... I just get ticked off sometimes when racers voice out about what's wrong then we get non-racers telling us we're full of Sh*t

BTW.... couple of us are going SRS this WED for 1/8th racing.....
az00lude is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:02 PM
  #709  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Its just not good for the hobby and for the RC enthusiasts in AZ to argue with each other..what if someone who may want to start RC racing comes here and reads this mess..what do you think his opinions of the RC racers in AZ is going to be? A helpful friendly bunch of guys who will welcome him at the tracks, or people who will attack him because he dont race yet? No good comes from it, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Besides, bitching to HPI havoc that the track may be too hard and breaks cars is not going to get the track changed..express your concerns with the people who built the track
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:07 PM
  #710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
wild gopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In the land of church stickers
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

The inevitable AZ RC drama has arrived
wild gopher is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
  #711  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
az00lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wild gopher View Post
The inevitable AZ RC drama has arrived
Ohhhh... yeah.
az00lude is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:15 PM
  #712  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
az00lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wild gopher View Post
The inevitable AZ RC drama has arrived
When are you going to get a new buggy anyways?
az00lude is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:57 PM
  #713  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I see most of the drama coming from guys who sit on a high-horse because they "race". There is more to the hobby than just racing. There really shouldn't be any bashing on the guys who happen to only drive on practice nights. They help sustain the tracks and hobby just as much as racers do.

The point is to have fun.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
  #714  
RWH
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
RWH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default In charge

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Its just not good for the hobby and for the RC enthusiasts in AZ to argue with each other..what if someone who may want to start RC racing comes here and reads this mess..what do you think his opinions of the RC racers in AZ is going to be? A helpful friendly bunch of guys who will welcome him at the tracks, or people who will attack him because he dont race yet? No good comes from it, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Besides, bitching to HPI havoc that the track may be too hard and breaks cars is not going to get the track changed..express your concerns with the people who built the track
his


I,m putting you in charge on this one,all I can say is good luck.
RWH is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
  #715  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
rtinez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 18
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Good Point

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I see most of the drama coming from guys who sit on a high-horse because they "race". There is more to the hobby than just racing. There really shouldn't be any bashing on the guys who happen to only drive on practice nights. They help sustain the tracks and hobby just as much as racers do.

The point is to have fun.

ben
That's a fact!
rtinez1 is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:03 PM
  #716  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
wild gopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In the land of church stickers
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by az00lude View Post
When are you going to get a new buggy anyways?
Honestly, Im having too much fun with Short Course right now. I just picked up a Pro4 and I am in the process of getting it equipped. My time spent on hobby stuff is very limited so its much easier for me to run the classes that require the least amount of maintenance. So for me, electric is more convenient and for now I have put the gas stuff aside. I still have my MBX6 though, so you never know.
wild gopher is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM
  #717  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
az00lude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wild gopher View Post
Honestly, Im having too much fun with Short Course right now. I just picked up a Pro4 and I am in the process of getting it equipped. My time spent on hobby stuff is very limited so its much easier for me to run the classes that require the least amount of maintenance. So for me, electric is more convenient and for now I have put the gas stuff aside. I still have my MBX6 though, so you never know.
I hear ya. At least you're still racing and havin fun
az00lude is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM
  #718  
Tech Addict
 
razo125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FearFarm - Arizona
Posts: 663
Default

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
I'm getting a little warm on my 2200kv, i pulled it out this weekend and i'm sending it to castle, i'm temping way too hot. They said they would either warranty it out or throw a rebuild kit in it and send it back. We shall see... thats good info tho! Thanks!

On a side note, I'm thinkin of picking up a Tekin and running it with me Mamba Monster ESC, had anyone tried or seen this? I'm very curious the boards of the tekin esc's have issues but the motors are flawless. So i'm trying to get the best of both worlds.
I haven't run electric in over a year since I switched to nitro but I still have good equipment just sitting here. I have a Tekin RX8 with one pack run on it for $140 if you're looking for something used but in new condition. I know its way smoother on the bottom compared to a MM. You'll like it.

Send me a PM if your interested.
razo125 is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
  #719  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
markhat250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,051
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Jeff, great job on your tracks man. Glad to see you tackled that huge task. Right on man.
markhat250 is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 AM
  #720  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
BigNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: About 2 laps down...
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
? i have not a clue what you just said.

Feel free to leave FF, no one will follow you. We are smart enough to see a up and coming world class racing venue.

Just keep in mind your the only one thats posting completely unrelated crap.

"just curious how many buggies broke tonight" seriously.... what exactly were you going to do with that information?

nothing except try to make an example out of a track that is new, big and scary to some. Practice like the rest of us instead of hiding here.
WOW... that's funny shit right there.
I'm in agreement with Jaz about not arguing, and believe me, I'd rather just take it out on the track. But I am gonna step up here.....
You obviously don't RACE. Sorry if this offends you, but it is a RACE track. If you do this for fun, then pull out your transponder and see how much fun it is on race day. I'm not joe fast guy, but I do race. All over. And Tom, (azloode) IS a joe-fast-guy who races about 5X as much as I do.

No offense, bro, but until you spend as much time (in years) doing as many laps as someone like that, much less getting in the same ballpark as his lap times... then don't go around telling people like that to "..practice like the rest of us" I mean, really? Besides, if you actually cared at all about RACING at a RACE TRACK, you'd be very wise to get all the advice you can get from someone like Tom, and he'll be glad to give it. And it will make you faster.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but this was a silly thing to say.

If you don't like it, too bad. Nobody is bashing your track (it IS your track, right? No?) Everybody seems to like FF, I know that I liked it when I went there to practice before going the the Alabama race. I've actually heard from a couple of people who usually make A-mains in 8th scale (typically a 30 or 45 minute race) that it's a little busy. Racing that long at THAT pace would be a car killer and I agree. You know what it's like to race at THAT pace for THAT long, right?

If you don't.... then maybe you should "Practice like the rest of us instead of hiding here"


Just my .02
BigNasty is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.