Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 06-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
The track isn't that bad on cars, it's the driver that would be in control of that part, I have ran on the big track several times, and crashed, tumbled, and cart wheeled, with no damage, any track will tear up a car or truck, if you just do stupid stuff.
I just actually ran the track for my first time and its really not bad... Everyone makes it seam like its so hard and what not... I put my Mugen threw some ringers and it came out just fine... Had a really good time. I started to feel pretty good on the track after a few tanks... I will be back out there tomorrow for some more practice.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
Thanks Tom. Are you running the races?
Hey Trevor,
No, I will running the Pit tomorrow. Ernie and CJ will be running it, it is there first time. I figured you would be at the big race.

See you soon,
Tom
Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good night again at FF... I'm not sure why but there sure is a hell of a lot of micro managing going on. One of the guys flips their buggy after the table top as I'm walking back to the pits, so out of courtesy I walk across the straight to get it (keep in mind there are 2 other short course trucks going through the rythum section, and one of the guys with a FF shirt on, def not Jeff or Bob yells "bro don't walk across the track!!" i turn around to see who the jokester was and its some guy telling me to walk around the track not across it. Seriously?! WTF i'm not sure if these guys are new to the scene but u can't exactly marshall by staying on the perimeter so much for being a nice guy...
Old 06-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
The track isn't that bad on cars, it's the driver that would be in control of that part, I have ran on the big track several times, and crashed, tumbled, and cart wheeled, with no damage, any track will tear up a car or truck, if you just do stupid stuff.
Originally Posted by FactoryRacing23 View Post
I just actually ran the track for my first time and its really not bad... Everyone makes it seam like its so hard and what not... I put my Mugen threw some ringers and it came out just fine... Had a really good time. I started to feel pretty good on the track after a few tanks... I will be back out there tomorrow for some more practice.
+1 Here's my constructive .02

I agree to a point. The FF crew put a lot of effort and money into making this track and the goal was to make it challenging for all skill levels. I think they also wanted good competitive side by side racing. This is the area that I think could be better next time around. I don't know if it can be totally fix on this layout, but moving forward I'm hoping the next layout is just as challenging and include some of the constructive feedback from everyone.

No the track layout is not hard to learn, the only hard part is learning how much throttle to apply on the option section and the big triple double double, also there is a blind spot at the top left corner if you go too wide. For me the hard part is memorizing how much throttle to apply when negotiating these sections. It's not a normal way to drive for me. I need to see the distance so I can judge how much throttle to apply. I need to see my car as it launches off the technical triple double double. I don't mind big jumps as long as I can see my car completely to set up for it. Maybe thats just me...

Yes the layout is not that hard to drive when your NOT in traffic, but I would argue that its hard to drive in race conditions when your driving wheel to wheel or bumper to bumper simply because you lose sight of your car at critical points. As an example, If I'm in traffic and setting up for triple double double, I basically have to prepare and pray nobody does anything weird during the time I lose sight of my car... should I triple or attempt to quad? I can't tell because I might rear end the car in front of me... is the car right behind me going to quad when I want to triple? I hope not because he might rear end me and ruin both of us.

I love challenging layouts but IMO this layout is challenging but for the wrong reasons.

(The 1/10 scale track is perfect BTW)
Old 06-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just wondering how many buggies broke at the last big track race?
Old 06-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by az00lude View Post
Just wondering how many buggies broke at the last big track race?

well i know that i as well as spoold have never broken anything on the 1:8 track or the 1:10 track.... **knockin on wood now**
Old 06-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I posted this in the srs thread but I just wanted to make sure all the 4wd guys in AZ are aware of this fan. If your motor gets too hot (200+ degrees), it weakens the magnets on your motor and it only takes one time to damage your very expensive mod motor.

There is a company called R1Wurks that makes a dual fan kit for your motors. It comes fully assembled with a clamp that slips on easy, it's pretty light at only 19g, and the power cord plugs right into your receiver. It's $35 shipped and well worth it. My motor was 20-30 degrees cooler tonight. Now I just need to get a couple of fans for my esc!!!! lol

Anyway, here's a pic. I got mine at www.r1wurks.com.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
well i know that i as well as spoold have never broken anything on the 1:8 track or the 1:10 track.... **knockin on wood now**
You will.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

You will.

Seriously, if you can't handle the track then stay off it. Don't come in, stir sh*t up then leave.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Seriously, if you can't handle the track then stay off it. Don't come in, stir sh*t up then leave.

With the your kind around there, maybe we all should leave FF for the bashers.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
I posted this in the srs thread but I just wanted to make sure all the 4wd guys in AZ are aware of this fan. If your motor gets too hot (200+ degrees), it weakens the magnets on your motor and it only takes one time to damage your very expensive mod motor.

There is a company called R1Wurks that makes a dual fan kit for your motors. It comes fully assembled with a clamp that slips on easy, it's pretty light at only 19g, and the power cord plugs right into your receiver. It's $35 shipped and well worth it. My motor was 20-30 degrees cooler tonight. Now I just need to get a couple of fans for my esc!!!! lol

Anyway, here's a pic. I got mine at www.r1wurks.com.

I'm getting a little warm on my 2200kv, i pulled it out this weekend and i'm sending it to castle, i'm temping way too hot. They said they would either warranty it out or throw a rebuild kit in it and send it back. We shall see... thats good info tho! Thanks!

On a side note, I'm thinkin of picking up a Tekin and running it with me Mamba Monster ESC, had anyone tried or seen this? I'm very curious the boards of the tekin esc's have issues but the motors are flawless. So i'm trying to get the best of both worlds.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

With the your kind around there, maybe we all should leave FF for the bashers.
? i have not a clue what you just said.

Feel free to leave FF, no one will follow you. We are smart enough to see a up and coming world class racing venue.

Just keep in mind your the only one thats posting completely unrelated crap.

"just curious how many buggies broke tonight" seriously.... what exactly were you going to do with that information?

nothing except try to make an example out of a track that is new, big and scary to some. Practice like the rest of us instead of hiding here.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

? i have not a clue what you just said.

Feel free to leave FF, no one will follow you. We are smart enough to see a up and coming world class racing venue.

Just keep in mind your the only one thats posting completely unrelated crap.

"just curious how many buggies broke tonight" seriously.... what exactly were you going to do with that information?

nothing except try to make an example out of a track that is new, big and scary to some. Practice like the rest of us instead of hiding here.
Have you race at all? anywhere? or just bash?

I didn't see you there racing the first race at FF.... I see you on here all the time but yet when it comes time to race, you're busy.. go figures...

All the eastside guys came to support the first race there. Can you say the same?
Old 06-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Please stop
Old 06-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Please stop
he has a point tho james, this guy is posting all this stuff but never races

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.