Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 06-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Jeff is already making plans to tame her down with a big change in the Option area.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i dont think bull dozing it is the answer, but it wouldnt take much to make it a little simpler. I for one will not support a track that isnt willing to listen to the racers. ET comes to mind
I don't work at the track and don't know anyone who does. I don't know if anyone has asked them about changes.

When it first opened, I did talk to the owner. He was walking the pits, stopping and talking to people, very casual. He seems like the kind of guy who would be very receptive to the racers. Jeff was also talking to people and asking for feedback on the track design, etc. He also seemed receptive, and even voiced ideas he had for changes to make sometime soon based on what he had already learned from people and watching the way the tracks flowed.

Biggest problem though would be making sure that we are heard as a group, rather than just one person's opinion. Requests also would have to be reasonable.

I think there are some design issues with the big track, but they also make it more challenging. I don't like the way the split section run directly away from you, makes it almost impossible to judge distance. I had to go stand there and run it to get an idea of the speed necessary to clear the jumps smoothly before I could even attempt it from the driver stand. That is just my opinion though, and some may like it the way it is.

So far, they haven't had 1/8th scale electric races on the big track, and that is all I run. I've never raced before, so it will be interesting for sure when I finally get a chance on this track.

ben
Old 06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i dont think bull dozing it is the answer, but it wouldnt take much to make it a little simpler. I for one will not support a track that isnt willing to listen to the racers. ET comes to mind

We do have the support of FF, keep in mind they are very new to the scene, they are still in the early stages of building other tracks and this stuff takes time. One of the first days after they were open Jeff and Bob were asking numerous racers where the kinks were, what they liked and disliked. They don't have a HUGE staff so they are limited as far as resources. All I'm saying is we should all be fortunate that we have an amazing facility to run on. Atleast give these guys some time and a chance to actually take all the feedback and make the changes that they see necessary. If you don't like the track, feel free to go to other tracks. My OP was just sharing the feedback I recieved in a VERY courtesy manner from Jeff.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I don't work at the track and don't know anyone who does. I don't know if anyone has asked them about changes.

When it first opened, I did talk to the owner. He was walking the pits, stopping and talking to people, very casual. He seems like the kind of guy who would be very receptive to the racers. Jeff was also talking to people and asking for feedback on the track design, etc. He also seemed receptive, and even voiced ideas he had for changes to make sometime soon based on what he had already learned from people and watching the way the tracks flowed.

Biggest problem though would be making sure that we are heard as a group, rather than just one person's opinion. Requests also would have to be reasonable.

I think there are some design issues with the big track, but they also make it more challenging. I don't like the way the split section run directly away from you, makes it almost impossible to judge distance. I had to go stand there and run it to get an idea of the speed necessary to clear the jumps smoothly before I could even attempt it from the driver stand. That is just my opinion though, and some may like it the way it is.

So far, they haven't had 1/8th scale electric races on the big track, and that is all I run. I've never raced before, so it will be interesting for sure when I finally get a chance on this track.

ben

You gonna pit with us tonight Ben?? We will go out on the 1/8th scale tonight if your down
Old 06-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
You gonna pit with us tonight Ben?? We will go out on the 1/8th scale tonight if your down
That's the plan. I'll either have a parking spot saved or at least room for your stuff and table. Worst case you can park by the field out in front of my truck. Something like that.

ben
Old 06-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post

ben
Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
We do have the support of FF, keep in mind they are very new to the scene, they are still in the early stages of building other tracks and this stuff takes time. One of the first days after they were open Jeff and Bob were asking numerous racers where the kinks were, what they liked and disliked. They don't have a HUGE staff so they are limited as far as resources. All I'm saying is we should all be fortunate that we have an amazing facility to run on. Atleast give these guys some time and a chance to actually take all the feedback and make the changes that they see necessary. If you don't like the track, feel free to go to other tracks. My OP was just sharing the feedback I recieved in a VERY courtesy manner from Jeff.
Just from what i have heard was people were asking for changes, if this isnt true then i apologize. I will see how it goes, i would love to see FF get big and be great.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Just from what i have heard was people were asking for changes, if this isnt true then i apologize. I will see how it goes, i would love to see FF get big and be great.
no worries bro, just don't want them getting a bad rap thats all
Old 06-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
The calendar is blank for Saturday, does that mean no practice or racing?
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post
Is Fear Farm racing Saturday?
Anyone????
Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes, they are racing Saturday on the 1/10 scale track, as always practice is always open on the other track.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I'm with Marcus, I will run the 1/10th track with my 1/8th untell they "tame" the big track down a bit.... They dont need to tare the whole thing down but just make some sections different.... The two sections where you have to judge your speed and timing the most are going towards you and away from you making it hard to judge.... Dont get me wrong i'm always up for a challenge.... I go out there to have fun and race with my friends not ruin a $1000+ buggy....
Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wish I had a track like this near me...
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
Anyone????
Next Saturday Shocker, July 3rd blow out!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryRacing23 View Post
I'm with Marcus, I will run the 1/10th track with my 1/8th untell they "tame" the big track down a bit.... They dont need to tare the whole thing down but just make some sections different.... The two sections where you have to judge your speed and timing the most are going towards you and away from you making it hard to judge.... Dont get me wrong i'm always up for a challenge.... I go out there to have fun and race with my friends not ruin a $1000+ buggy....
The track isn't that bad on cars, it's the driver that would be in control of that part, I have ran on the big track several times, and crashed, tumbled, and cart wheeled, with no damage, any track will tear up a car or truck, if you just do stupid stuff.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The track seemed pretty easy to me, the only thing that needs to be changed is the lips on the jumps in the option section.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks Tom. Are you running the races?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.