Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Kenny,

I have a hook up on piping for the track we can even get it in yellow....

I am working with one of my contractors on donating the use of their bobcat when we need it as well......
Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jrcheese View Post
are you still drinking !!! or are your dreaming .. maybe you need some anti hang over pills ?
I have not seen one idea come from you either. Stop coming to this thread trying to stir up shit.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I like the advertisement (assuming the track is open for those we target) idea. Maybe we can't get a billboard in the near term but a large balloon of an RC car could work. Then make up small little signs (printed on plastic like realtor signs but smaller) that look just like the balloon. The small signs are on small metal posts all along the road and through the property guiding people to the track.
Yeah the balloon idea is good if no billboard. And at least a few signs pointing people in the right direction. A sign attached to the fence to turn left to the track as they take the main road in.

That is great news Rodney
Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vortexted View Post
I have not seen one idea come from you either. Stop coming to this thread trying to stir up shit.
not stiring up shit just showing you reality .. its not our decision if fear farm stays open its in the owners hands not ours .. all these ideas are comical to me all sounds good on paper but in reAlity summer months suck im not gonna sweat my ass off to play toy cars
Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I always thought it would be awesome to do a promo race at the state fair at the coliseum with sc and 1/8 scale!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

not stiring up shit just showing you reality .. its not our decision if fear farm stays open its in the owners hands not ours .. all these ideas are comical to me all sounds good on paper but in reAlity summer months suck im not gonna sweat my ass off to play toy cars
Fine, stay at 1H in the summer, that is your choice. Agreed summer months suck at an RC track for SOME people. I raced at Fear Farm twice a week all summer, the heat didn't bother me. I find the summer nights in AZ very enjoyable.
If you don't want to help out and volunteer fine, but the rest of us are putting ideas together to help Fear Farm become successful and give the owner a reason to stay open. Perhaps he is just to busy to work on this and having all of us help him is exactly what he needs.

I'm taking time away from my own businesses to help another business out, but the extreme fun I have at Fear Farm RC is worth it.

Putting a banner up about Fear Farm RC and utilizing the traffic from the 70,000+ visitors that will come to the haunted house this next month is basic advertising. It's brand recognition. It's used all over the world and very popular on the net.
Traxxas has been very successful at promoting it's products doing rc car demos at big events. You tube it and you will see what I'm talking about.

If you don't have ideas or want to help out it's fine, but lets have some peace around here.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lowjacey View Post
I always thought it would be awesome to do a promo race at the state fair at the coliseum with sc and 1/8 scale!
That is a good idea! Perhaps even "rent" out rc cars for people to enjoy. Something Clay could do
Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vortexted View Post
That is a good idea! Perhaps even "rent" out rc cars for people to enjoy. Something Clay could do
Maybe, he has connections with associated, im sure they'd love the p&r time. And im sure some people in the community of all the regular racers and local pros would want in on the action too, I wouldn't mind help putting on a show with my truck
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

ted. maybe you should step away from the jar of peanut butter thats slapped all over your nuts and stfu mr sucksessfull bussiness man . you have no effing clue what the hell your talking about even better have uour team terribles sponsor the track since it is the worlds largest rc team
Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

<-------------------- Dont know how much longer can keep mouth shut LOL ..." eating cheetos and drinking a cold one "
Old 09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by will g View Post
<-------------------- Dont know how much longer can keep mouth shut LOL ..." eating cheetos and drinking a cold one "
better then having a weiner full of hops
Old 09-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

This is why everyone with the size facility that it takes to have a very successful RC facility closes after a short while. First I've never, ever seen so many people into a hobby that just couldn't get along. Second if you guys would do 1/8th of the things you say your going to do on the computer at night and back it up the next day there would probably be 3 pretty large full scale RC facilities in Arizona. With actually, LEGAL zoning and permitting (which is definitely not all tracks running in the east valley) to run paid practice and race facilities. When facility owners who are not into RC get on here and listen to you guys bitch and whine they look at the other sources of income that make alot more sense with less hassle.

When we first decided to build a track I couldn't believe how many people wanted to talk crap about the Nitro Pit. A track that had been there for them for quite some time and everyone was ready to jump ship. If you don't like the owner but like the track, just don't talk to them. Then we opened a track. Everyone was into it and ready to pitch in and help yada yada. With the exception of just a few guys, (Big Marcus was the man) what they really wanted was to come out and do about 50 cents worth of work and get to practice and race for free. After about 4 weeks we could tell what direction it was going and really just lost interest in any improvements. Then FF opened up. Me not being an RC guy, I did check the place out and wow. Really nice. The guy that was with me, I metioned to him, someone put alot of $ out and will get no return on investment. A year later guys were on here bitching about, what in my opinion, was an awesome facility. Holes, dust, track changes, etc. I could tell, from myself being a promoter for the last 8 years, the guys with the $ invested would grow tired of it. For every dollar earned you guys what 2 bucks reinvested. Guess what? You need to be happy with what you have, support whenever you can what you have and for god sakes quit fighting like little girls. It makes it real hard to take many of you seriously after reading some of the things you say on the keyboard.

Us we will probably not reopen but still have the track because my kid likes driving on it. If you want FF to reopen I would rethink some of the things many of you have said and written in the past.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

better then having a weiner full of hops
LOL
Old 09-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ET Motopark View Post
This is why everyone with the size facility that it takes to have a very successful RC facility closes after a short while. First I've never, ever seen so many people into a hobby that just couldn't get along. Second if you guys would do 1/8th of the things you say your going to do on the computer at night and back it up the next day there would probably be 3 pretty large full scale RC facilities in Arizona. With actually, LEGAL zoning and permitting (which is definitely not all tracks running in the east valley) to run paid practice and race facilities. When facility owners who are not into RC get on here and listen to you guys bitch and whine they look at the other sources of income that make alot more sense with less hassle.

When we first decided to build a track I couldn't believe how many people wanted to talk crap about the Nitro Pit. A track that had been there for them for quite some time and everyone was ready to jump ship. If you don't like the owner but like the track, just don't talk to them. Then we opened a track. Everyone was into it and ready to pitch in and help yada yada. With the exception of just a few guys, (Big Marcus was the man) what they really wanted was to come out and do about 50 cents worth of work and get to practice and race for free. After about 4 weeks we could tell what direction it was going and really just lost interest in any improvements. Then FF opened up. Me not being an RC guy, I did check the place out and wow. Really nice. The guy that was with me, I metioned to him, someone put alot of $ out and will get no return on investment. A year later guys were on here bitching about, what in my opinion, was an awesome facility. Holes, dust, track changes, etc. I could tell, from myself being a promoter for the last 8 years, the guys with the $ invested would grow tired of it. For every dollar earned you guys what 2 bucks reinvested. Guess what? You need to be happy with what you have, support whenever you can what you have and for god sakes quit fighting like little girls. It makes it real hard to take many of you seriously after reading some of the things you say on the keyboard.

Us we will probably not reopen but still have the track because my kid likes driving on it. If you want FF to reopen I would rethink some of the things many of you have said and written in the past.
Thanks for that perspective. The keyboard cowboys just need to be ignored. Everyone I've met at FF are good-hearted and mean well. Don't let the bad cheese ruin the platter. There have been good suggestions lately and I'm trusting Kenny will do the best he can to offer up the RC community's best to keep FF open.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Ya know, if you can figure out how to ignore about 3 people on here this thread changes from sad and pathetic to quite productive. Just sayin. Oh and by the way Mr et motorpark guy. There are plenty of people out here who will and did help. We came out and put our money and time where our mouth was when we rebuilt the 1/8 track a while back. The few people that want to complain and bitch on here are exactly that. Nothing but fickle little whiners that want everything for nothing and contribute nothing more than the minimum required to show up and race until they find sometbing better.
All we need is someone to organize the people we know will be dedicated and ignore the rest. Wether fear farm closes for good or not we can make something work. All of the negative Nancy's are nothing but dead air. They need to stop investing in Rc and invest in Prozac, the Rc obviously is not working.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.