Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Well talking about putting up a billboard is easier said than done. First zoning must allow the billboard and under the current zoning it's not allowed. second if it were allowed it's very expensive to advertise on them let alone build one. 3rd all the uses out there are temporary and will go away when development calls. I don't want to be a negative nelly, I want ff to be there because it good for the hobby but it's good to be realistic.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

They told us at CVRC we wouldnt get the support for a monthly club, but when the time came the people put the money down and the track is 100% better. You never know.

The first club meeting only about 40 people came out, by the time it was due to pay or get out, we had more than enough!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
I like hominy, you guys need to look at the big picture, a club may have saved that track but it won't save this one. Fear farm is known for the track that hosted one of the biggest nitro races in the country and that's what the out of town races expect when they come to race there, the track needs more big races which will in turn bring more people out to race. A racer base of 40-50 people will not financially support a track of this size, bringing in new racers will.
Exactly this. I've been preaching this to Kenny for a few months. Nitro Challenge is a good start. It obviously generates a crap ton of interest leading up to the race. A Fear Farm series will also generate some interest. Maybe a 10 race point series. The KBRL is also a good draw. Would be even better if not in the middle of summer. Add a few weekend races like the Gas Champs, Tumbleweed Classis, Nationals, etc... And it will be rocking. Kenny well need help though. Sponsors need to be contacted, and preparations need to be made. When there are prizes to be had people show up

Looking forward to racing with my peeps again sooner rather than later.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, the only Idea I have to throw into the mix is possibly consolidating the 1/10 & 1/8 track into one? Possibly saving some money....just a thought
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowjacey View Post
Well, the only Idea I have to throw into the mix is possibly consolidating the 1/10 & 1/8 track into one? Possibly saving some money....just a thought
That's been tried. Nitro pit and ET did that and neither of them are around any more. The great thing about fear farm is that you get 2 killer tracks. When the two scales are combined like that, you wind up making a lot of compromises on layout, etc. i'm not a huge fan of it myself.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

If we can get a good plan together, I think we will have enough people to spread the load and achieve greater things at fear farm. I'm looking forward to FF2.0
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tofuburger View Post
Well talking about putting up a billboard is easier said than done. First zoning must allow the billboard and under the current zoning it's not allowed. second if it were allowed it's very expensive to advertise on them let alone build one. 3rd all the uses out there are temporary and will go away when development calls. I don't want to be a negative nelly, I want ff to be there because it good for the hobby but it's good to be realistic.
But doesn't Fear Farm own all that property? I'm talking about a billboard ON their property facing the freeway. They have small billboards out at the entrance from the street, just nothing mentioning the rc track.

Another thought is the FF Haunted House starts in one week. There are going to be thousands of people waiting in line every night to enter the event. It would be a great chance to advertise the RC track by making a very large banner and put it where the lines of people are letting them know about the track. People are bored standing in line, it gives them something to read. That would be almost free advertising for Fear Farm RC during that 6 weeks.
We could even hand out flyers or put the info on the tickets. Maybe even a $10 off coupon for RC RACING at FEAR FARM and $10 off at Quicks RC.

Also what if we got some racers out there to do some demo shows for the these waiting thrill seekers. Perhaps we could set up a jump to really launch the cars. Really get peoples attention then answer questions and let people know about the track. Hand out brochures. Have you guys ever seen the Traxxas demo shows they put on at big events like the Barat Jackson Car Show? They draw hundreds of spectators and Traxxas has cars there to sell. Maybe we could even get Clay out there to set up a booth to sell some cars to those interested.

And to add to this idea, what if RC cars were a small part of the haunted house attraction. They could take some electric rc's make a giant black widow costume for them, have them hidden in the dark, have a couple of black widow cars sneak up and scare the piss out of some unsuspecting people. Or one pulling a small wagon with some bloody body parts. Maybe just a severed head on a car. Just some ideas to have fun with Or better yet we could just walk around selling bottles of water and handing out brochures and giving information. Food for thought.

Last edited by Vortexted; 09-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
That's been tried. Nitro pit and ET did that and neither of them are around any more. The great thing about fear farm is that you get 2 killer tracks. When the two scales are combined like that, you wind up making a lot of compromises on layout, etc. i'm not a huge fan of it myself.

Just my .02 cents.
Agreed, it's a good plan if you have limited space and want to accommodate both classes. But the great thing about Fear Farm is they have so much space and we have the biggest RC tracks in all of AZ.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Just before I moved from San Diego we have SDRC South get near closing. Those of us wanting a great track to still do 1/8th and 1/5th got the owner agree to give it to us if we paid rent for the land and power. Water is included. It works out to $40 a member per month with members paying $10 to race and practice is free. It saved the track and its been renamed to Chula Vista RC Club or CVRC now. The Nitro KBRL was just held there too. GREAT times and an even better place than before.

Maybe we can do something like this with the owners here? We paid $4000 a month and got much more than that from memberships and non members coming to the track to practice and race.

Wow. I know of a facility for ya if you want to pay $3500 a month and put up a few personal guarantees w/ good credit, tangible collateral and also a few year contract. Do all the dirt changing you want with your own equiptment. I'll even let you advertise for free to 2000+ people every Saturday night and 40000 drivebys a day. Lots of people telling them what to do and all they need to do to make it. Here's your chance. Good luck to the FF owners and let them make the best decision for themselves.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Arizona: Home to 150 expert track owners and 3 successful tracks.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I like the advertisement (assuming the track is open for those we target) idea. Maybe we can't get a billboard in the near term but a large balloon of an RC car could work. Then make up small little signs (printed on plastic like realtor signs but smaller) that look just like the balloon. The small signs are on small metal posts all along the road and through the property guiding people to the track.

Kenny can you be more specific about the equipment to rebuild the tracks? Is renting w/ delivery a possibility? It would be nice to have our own but wear/tear, transportation, and time of use is a big commitment. Rental isn't the cheapest but in the long run it might be the easiest. Those that contribute for the rental cost could get coupons for free practice/race sessions (based on how much contributed).
Old 09-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Clement View Post
Arizona: Home to 150 expert track owners and 3 successful tracks.
and dont forget 1000 key board racers
Old 09-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vortexted View Post
But doesn't Fear Farm own all that property? I'm talking about a billboard ON their property facing the freeway. They have small billboards out at the entrance from the street, just nothing mentioning the rc track.

Another thought is the FF Haunted House starts in one week. There are going to be thousands of people waiting in line every night to enter the event. It would be a great chance to advertise the RC track by making a very large banner and put it where the lines of people are letting them know about the track. People are bored standing in line, it gives them something to read. That would be almost free advertising for Fear Farm RC during that 6 weeks.
They could even hand out flyers or put the info on the tickets. Maybe even a $10 off coupon for RC RACING at FEAR FARM and $10 off at Quicks RC.

Also what if got some racers out there to do some demo shows for the these waiting thrill seekers. Perhaps we could set up a jump to really launch the cars. Really get peoples attention then answer questions and let people know about the track. Have you guys ever seen the Traxxas demo shows they put on at big events like the Barat Jackson Car Show? They draw hundreds of spectators and Traxxas has cars there to sell. Maybe we could even get Clay out there to set up a booth to sell some cars to those interested.

And to add to this idea, what if RC cars were a small part of the haunted house attraction. They could take some electric rc's make a giant black widow costume for them, have them hidden in the dark, have a couple of black widow cars jsneak up and scare the piss out of some unsuspecting people
are you still drinking !!! or are your dreaming .. maybe you need some anti hang over pills ?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

In reality it should be the companies that build our cars that should sponsor the tracks. Think of how much money is lost if one shuts down. They are willing to pay 6 figure salaries to professional drivers but the drivers only fan base is other racers. If other racers go away due to lact of places to race, there will no longer be a fan base to support them. Just a thought.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerpDiggler View Post
In reality it should be the companies that build our cars that should sponsor the tracks. Think of how much money is lost if one shuts down. They are willing to pay 6 figure salaries to professional drivers but the drivers only fan base is other racers. If other racers go away due to lact of places to race, there will no longer be a fan base to support them. Just a thought.
It's a good thought. Has anyone thought about approaching, Losi, AE, Traxxas, etc seeing if they'd be willing to pitch in. They could print and advertise the little signs demarcating the location of the track.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.