Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Vortexted
I've checked out Revelations web site, looks like a nice facility and I was hoping to make it out there for the Byons fuel race coming up.

So this other successful track in CA is charging what $25 for club racing?
We have it good at Fear Farm only paying $15 first entry $10 for 2nd.

Why not have a club membership of say $50 every 6 months. Those members continue paying the same low entry fee of $15/$10. Perhaps kids only $5.

Non members pay $20/$15 entry fees for club racing.

If you had 100 members paying $50 that is $5,000. Some of that money could go towards equipment rental for building new track layouts, a billboard, some advertising to get more NEW racers to the track. A business can not run without some advertising. If you only race once a week for 6 months, that $50 is only paying an extra $2 per race night.

You really have no clue..... Are you sticking to your self proclaimed "successful business man" status!?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just before I moved from San Diego we have SDRC South get near closing. Those of us wanting a great track to still do 1/8th and 1/5th got the owner agree to give it to us if we paid rent for the land and power. Water is included. It works out to $40 a member per month with members paying $10 to race and practice is free. It saved the track and its been renamed to Chula Vista RC Club or CVRC now. The Nitro KBRL was just held there too. GREAT times and an even better place than before.

Maybe we can do something like this with the owners here? We paid $4000 a month and got much more than that from memberships and non members coming to the track to practice and race.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think we are our own worst enemies. I think people forget that there are seasons and while AZ has the potential for year round racing, that is not necessarily the case. Some of us don't mind the 110 degree heat at 11pm to run our cars, or the bugs that crawl on your face while racing, but for the majority of the sane people, that is not probable or realistic. So when it gets hot people look for a cooler alternative, as it cools down people in AZ move back to activities outside. This is no different than people in the Midwest, or northeast who have a Nitro season and an Electric season. When winter comes, a lot of racers sell off their nitro cars, and move to electric because they are racing indoors. When summer comes they do the opposite.

It appears that the same factors apply to us here in AZ, with exception that the seasons are reversed. I am sure that people will return to Fear Farm, and I am sure the whole community has had a wakeup call, and people will do what it takes to make the track successful once again.

Speaking of community, the RC community is one of the great attributes to this hobby, and it is something that I brag about to my non-RC friends. It is very disheartening to read some of the previous threads, and I do not believe that it is indicative of what RC racing is all about.

I hope to see you all out at the track in the very near future.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
Just before I moved from San Diego we have SDRC South get near closing. Those of us wanting a great track to still do 1/8th and 1/5th got the owner agree to give it to us if we paid rent for the land and power. Water is included. It works out to $40 a member per month with members paying $10 to race and practice is free. It saved the track and its been renamed to Chula Vista RC Club or CVRC now. The Nitro KBRL was just held there too. GREAT times and an even better place than before.

Maybe we can do something like this with the owners here? We paid $4000 a month and got much more than that from memberships and non members coming to the track to practice and race.

This is what we need; more ideas and positive thinking. You might not agree w/ an idea but keep it to yourself unless of course you can improve upon it. Wasting time posting nothing but negativity isn't getting us closer to opening up the track. Keep the ideas coming. It'll show FF how much we really want the track to remain.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

+1000
Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mHOUPS
You really have no clue..... Are you sticking to your self proclaimed "successful business man" status!?
You have no clue who I am or how much money I make. I'm laughing all the way to the bank every day. Life is GOOD!

I've ran a successful business for over 13 years. I know a thing or two about marketing and managing employees. I don't need to explain myself to you. I haven't seen you post any ideas here anyway, instead you just want to stir up the pot. Try and be a little more useful.

Look at the post right above by Acill the membership idea SAVED their race track! There is PROOF it works!

Last edited by Vortexted; 09-17-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Suspended

You have no clue who I am or how much money I make. I'm laughing all the way to the bank every day. Life is GOOD!

I've ran a successful business for over 13 years. I know a thing or two about marketing and managing employees. I don't need to explain myself to you. I haven't seen you post any ideas here anyway, instead you just want to stir up the pot. Try and be a little more useful.

Look at the post right above by Acill the membership idea SAVED there race track! There is PROOF it works!
Something tells me he doesn't care either

Last edited by PFKAOG; 09-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look at the post right above by Acill the membership idea SAVED there race track! There is PROOF it works!
Maybe not so much about english though. That would be saved "their" race track in this context... Its a homonym....
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Equipment for track rebuild

Hey guys, thanks for the emails and text messages, with offers to help!

Anyone out there have a hook up for track rebuild equipment? Rebuilding 2 tracks is time consuming and a friendly hook up for a tractor and bobcat would help in making rebuilds more frequent. Also we will need rebuild supplies like Pipe and nails, anyone have a contractor's account we could borrow for these items?

Just send me an email to point me in the right direction please.

Thanks for your time!

Kenny
[email protected]
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THE DAD
Maybe not so much about english though. That would be saved "their" race track in this context... Its a homonym....
Yes you are correct, I made a typo. (Golf Clap)
Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes you are correct, I made a typo. (Golf Clap)
Just busting your chops... It's what I do...I only post if I have something insignificant to add. More fun for me that way.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like hominy, you guys need to look at the big picture, a club may have saved that track but it won't save this one. Fear farm is known for the track that hosted one of the biggest nitro races in the country and that's what the out of town races expect when they come to race there, the track needs more big races which will in turn bring more people out to race. A racer base of 40-50 people will not financially support a track of this size, bringing in new racers will.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by moparsrule
A racer base of 40-50 people will not financially support a track of this size, bringing in new racers will.
We have more then that but yes this is where advertising comes in to make people aware of RC and Fear Farm the RC race track, not just Fear Farm the haunted house. That track is way back off the street, nobody can see it except people driving by the freeway and even then it's hard to make out what it is. Unless a big billboard was further up the property. As well some signs out on the street like they have for the haunted house and soccer fields.
I've invited guests out there and it took them many phone calls and me trying to guide them in to even find the place.

Last edited by Vortexted; 09-17-2012 at 10:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.