Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 09-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
Exactly who the f Is this guy? Do the rest of us a favor and shut your glory hole on this topic. the rest of us would like a place to race 8th scale in the future.

You got a problem with that? Come see me personally. I'll make sure your next rc tech post comes via the handicap assist virtual keyboard feature that allows you to type without use of your fingers. Some of us have been enjoying the fine folks at fear farm f
or years...so again I ask who the hell is this guy?

It's ass-hats like this with zero credibility that have the owners of the track scratching their heads. you DO NOT REPRESENT THE RACING SCENE HERE IN THE VALLEY
Uhhhh his name is in his signature.....just sayin....
Old 09-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Last edited by mHOUPS; 09-16-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here's Fear Farm's message

Originally Posted by FearFarmRC View Post
Just wanted to set the record straight. The shutdown was implemented because of the workload during our holiday events. There has been a lack of utilizaion and support for the past several months leading us to our current decision. We are not R/C people, but we built these tracks for the R/C community to enjoy. After reading all the complaints and criticism on RCTECH, we feel that we mght need to make our choice a permanent one. Several people are guessing as to what they think is happening. Well it all comes down to buisness. The Fear farm haunted attraction and our Christmas show have grown in size. We need to focus our attention on these two shows. We were left with no time to devote to the track and we did not want to see it operate below its potential. Im sure that further comments from the R/C community will help us make our final decision.

Thank you,
Fear Farm R/C Owners

Here's the response that set off this fire storm of nasty posts. Kenny, I really appreciate what you do and all your effort. But you know text on a forum can sometimes be misleading. If you simply only wrote your first paragraph I'm sure all this misunderstanding could have been avoided.

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Unfortunately, Fear Farm R/C Raceway will be stopping all operations immediately. I received word from the owners, that with the upcoming holiday season, they will not have resources to continue racing. I am hopeful that an arrangement can be worked out, so that even a partial racing schedule can continue but I can not make any guarantees.

I've been graced with many new friends from this facility and I truly hope we have not see our last days racing there. Thank you to all that have helped with the operations and a huge thank you to the racers!! In addition, thank you to Robert and Ken for all their efforts with Fear Farm R/C, so many great memories have been made thanks to you.

Again, I hope this is not goodbye Fear Farm R/C and I hope this is not goodbye to my FF Friends.

Kenny
[email protected]
I drive extra miles to go to fear farm. I literally pass up 3 tracks on my way there. I think the people there are great and I love the facility. I understand it's not maintained like other tracks but I don't have the attitudes of the other tracks either. One time I arrived extra early to practice (I love the open door policy) and I had to find a broom to sweep the track myself. As people showed up they helped out too. I like the community spirit fear farm promotes.

When I'm there and no one is there to collect my money at the track I ALWAYS make sure I stop at the office, be polite, say hi, and pay my money. Fear Farm provides the opportunity for civility.

Fear Farm is the CO-OP of RC. There is no other RC place like it and I hope it continues. There are very few places that give people the opportunity to shine, interact, and support each other like Fear Farm. There will always be complainers but it's been my experience there are more helpers at Fear Farm.

I get it's not the money maker but what it lacks in revenue makes up in community togetherness. I hope that community continues. We need more Fear Farms in this day in age not less.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FearFarmRC View Post
Just wanted to set the record straight. The shutdown was implemented because of the workload during our holiday events. There has been a lack of utilizaion and support for the past several months leading us to our current decision. We are not R/C people, but we built these tracks for the R/C community to enjoy. After reading all the complaints and criticism on RCTECH, we feel that we mght need to make our choice a permanent one. Several people are guessing as to what they think is happening. Well it all comes down to buisness. The Fear farm haunted attraction and our Christmas show have grown in size. We need to focus our attention on these two shows. We were left with no time to devote to the track and we did not want to see it operate below its potential. Im sure that further comments from the R/C community will help us make our final decision.

Thank you,
Fear Farm R/C Owners
I race 1/8 at FF every thurs and sat religiously. Some people that 'critique' the track don't even race there. Don't let their comments ruin stuff for the racers that support FF
Old 09-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
I race 1/8 at FF every thurs and sat religiously. Some people that 'critique' the track don't even race there. Don't let their comments ruin stuff for the racers that support FF
X2 I love racing at ff. I woild pay more to race if thats what it required and I always offer to help when help is needed. Dont let a select few whiners speak for all of us.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good point, mule and yeah, joe, I'd pay more too. Beats the hell out of paying for gas to tucson or california.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerpDiggler View Post
X2 I love racing at ff. I woild pay more to race if thats what it required and I always offer to help when help is needed. Dont let a select few whiners speak for all of us.
Every post since Kenny posted what was going down has hints of whining. We just lost the only true 1/8 scale track in the state. One of the best tracks in the world to boot.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
We just lost the only true 1/8 scale track in the state.
This is false, there is nothing in the Fear Farm post that says the track is going away definitively. We need to stop making these assumptions and getting everyone fired up. Stay positive and it just may turn out that way.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
This is false, there is nothing in the Fear Farm post that says the track is going away definitively. We need to stop making these assumptions and getting everyone fired up. Stay positive and it just may turn out that way.
True. I should have worded that a bit differently. I for one don't think it's gone for good. Going to miss hanging out with the guys talking shop until things get fired back up. For the time being we can organize monthly trips. Carpool to keep the expenses down. Havasu and Vegas are not that far.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im a bit sad I never got a chance to come out to the track and use it. I just moved out here and was so excited to be able to come to it at last after hearing how awesome it was from all the guys back home in San Diego that did the Nitro Challenge out there. Its a shame such a renowned track is closing its doors.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Im a bit sad I never got a chance to come out to the track and use it. I just moved out here and was so excited to be able to come to it at last after hearing how awesome it was from all the guys back home in San Diego that did the Nitro Challenge out there. Its a shame such a renowned track is closing its doors.
Fear Farm did not say they are closing their doors. During the holiday season they have different priorities. Stop stirring the pot.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
Fear Farm did not say they are closing their doors. During the holiday season they have different priorities. Stop stirring the pot.
I dont see him stirring the pot at all !
As for FF closing its doors They did, if it be for 2 months or for good they did close / shut down
Old 09-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by s1nst3r View Post
I think it is fair to say that we all understand the importance of Fear Farm's haunted attraction and Christmas show and what that means to Fear Farm, in fact I am willing to venture out and say many of us probably attend 1 of those if not both attractions every year. I can certainly understand not being able to dedicate resources to the track that may be taking away from Fear Farm's bread and butter.

I think that not having the communication until Wednesday night at 9pm when many of us were expecting to race on Thursday was what was upsetting to most. I also believe that at a bare minimum an alternative solution could have been worked on that would allow all aspects of Fear Farm to flourish without interruption. There are many of us that volunteer each week, without asking for payment and who are committed to helping the track run. Water can easily be resolved by showing or allowing a select person or two the ability to grab the water truck and transfer water, several people in our community drive construction vehicles and heavy equipment for a living, money collected could be dropped off at the office the next morning as well with an accounting with all entries and verified by the race director and the whoever was making the drop off. Not having this communication is what is surprising to most of us, especially as the weather is starting to cool down and more people are starting to get outside again.

In closing we understand that you are not RC people and that you want the track to flourish. We all do! You have a great facility, which the people in the RC community have all come to love and enjoy, not just people in AZ, but people from all over the world.

If there is something that can be done to restore RC racing at your facility I would love to discuss the possibilities of that happening, including options such as leasing the facility, or any other options that may be viable. Personally I came by your office yesterday morning hopeful to discuss options, and unfortunately I was not able to meet with either of you. If something of that nature is open for discussion I can be reached at 602-565-2468.

Sincerely,

Gary Hayes
Well said Gary. I know there are people who really want to see the track remain open and running. There for sure is people who are willing to step in and help out.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Fear farm owners are treating the track like a business. Racers that like to go there should treat it like a business. Organize a club charge dues. Offer to share those dues with them. Get a president assign members duties so fear farm has to do nothing to maintain it. Meet with fear farm to present it as a business model. Set time lines. Get there input ask them what they want. Negotiate.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think those things are doable if we can get a line of communication going.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.