Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vortexted View Post
This is really bad timing on the owners part, with the nitro pit reopening in just a few weeks. Bob was just out at FF Saturday night, he is the guy opening the new hobby shop near near Nitro Pit and he confirmed with me the pit is reopening in a few weeks.
Personally I hd no intention to support it since I like FF but now FF leaves me and many other nitro racers with no choice. Now when and if Fear Farm does reopen how many racers will we lose to the pit?
Really disappointing, FF makes over 1/2 million $$ in one month from there Holloween haunted fear farm and they can't afford to hire someone for the race track for a couple of months?
Poor management! I'm willing to get bet they will regret this decision later.
If this is true then I really don't even care anymore. I'll miss Kenny cause he is a fantastic race director, but that's about it. Attendance slowly but surely killed the track.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Clement View Post
Not sure, I wasn't there for any of them.

One thing for sure, the list of tracks that have closed all have one thing in common, no onsite hobby shop. All of the tracks we still have that are open either have hobby shops or are in someone's backyard. So if anyone is thinking that they want to open their own nitro track, I highly suggest you find a location that you can open a hobby shop with it as well.
FF doesn't have a lease and the owners aren't into rc. It's crazy to me to think they're not pulling in some cash. But, I've heard how much their soccer fields pull in. If I were a business man who only cared about money, the tracks would have been leveled a long time ago. I feel for the NITRO guys for sure. I can't imagine having no place to race.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
I feel for the NITRO guys for sure. I can't imagine having no place to race.
1/5 scale guys too.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

this is absolutely terrible news, and too think i was sick saturday and missed the last FN race at FF............ i think i just threw up in my mouth.

i would like to say thank you to all the people that offered assisitance to me in this hobby, Kenny, Joe P, Ted, Buddy, Kevin and Sabrina, John, Mark, Gary for jump starting me cause i left my lights on Mike W, and anyone else i may of forgot. i look forward to getting out to find a race with you guys soon!

will this thread be the host to the changes of track relocation that is on the horizon, if not will someone advise me of the thread to follow so i can be at the first 1/8 scale nitro race!!!!

take care everyone and hope to see you soon
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Crap!

I was just planning my trip back to AZ. Getting all my nitro stuff ready and looking forward to seeing everyone back at Fear Farm.

If Nitro Pit reopens I hope all will come out to it. Hope Kenny will be the race director - he's the best in the business!

What about the Nitro Challenge - where will it be?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Th problem with Fear Farm is it takes too many man hours to run the races, having to use the water truck and run a generator is a pain. All that time and money spent building such a nice facility and it is not sustainable. I think attendance would improve as soon as the weather does. I for one would rather race at a big outdoor track than a small indoor, as long as I'm not sweating my butt off.
How long was FF open anyway? running a rc track is definitely a labor of love..
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Sad

Thank you to all the folks who helped me as a novice nitro racer. Thank you to Kenny for devoting so much energy and time to this labor of love, running FF.

Thank you to all the folks who did a very good job in maintaining FF during it's far too short existence.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Too many classes and people that want to run their own show resulting in too many tracks and not enough racers to support them all. Until we can find a single track that can support everyone and people who are willing to support it even when disagreements occur this will continue to happen. Unfortunately some people are fickle and stubborn and dont realize what it actually costs to run an outfit like fear farm. Well, we had one of the nicest facilities in the state and we just lost it. /end rant
Old 09-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This sucks for sure but at leastit will surely benefit other local tracks. I was always in fear of fear farm closing is doors. The owner never took an interest in anything other than the $ coming in. It never made as much money as he thought it would in the beginning and made nowhere near the ridiculous amounts of money coming from other events ($90k+/night for fear farm haunted house). It was in effect its own worst enemy. Their lack of willingness to put money back into it surely showed. I for one haven't been there in months due to the same old beat up tracks.you can only expect people to work for free for so long before they quit, as evidence by the turn over rate there. It all culminated in dwindling turnouts and even less $ coming in. Hopefully the guys that only run nitro can find the same kind of excitement through racing electric.
Anyone want to buy a couple grand worth of nitro stuff?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

well, this is crap. we've all had some pretty good times out there. one of the best tracks in the country.

i hope something else comes up. if i have to drive to tucson to or california or havasu to race, i might just get out of this copletely. sorry, but 10th scale electric is not my cup of tea. i'll be with veno, working on a car in my garage that i won't be able to race here in phoenix, telling kids to get the hell off my lawn.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

who the eff is bob ???? if he was opening the pit back up in a few weeks i dont think it would be so top secret that noone knows
Old 09-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Is the entire track closing down or just the nitro part? I went electric with Tekno several years ago and never looked back. Just about all of you can convert your cars over to a Tekno V3 and get just as much fun out of the car, and in my opinion a lot more fun. If you haven't seen a Tekno EB48 then your missing out as well. Its a truly awesome platform.

I just moved out here monday from San Diego and was really sad to see how few 1/8 electric guys are here, I cant understand why that is.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Is the entire track closing down or just the nitro part? I went electric with Tekno several years ago and never looked back. Just about all of you can convert your cars over to a Tekno V3 and get just as much fun out of the car, and in my opinion a lot more fun. If you have seen a Tekno EB48 then your missing out as well. Its a truly awesome platform.

I just moved out here monday from San Diego and was really sad to see how few 1/8 electric guys are here, I cant understand why that is.
No offense but you could not make running flashlights exciting for me if you had the Hawaiian tropic girls marshalling. There is more to just racing with nitro and a lot of that is lost when you go electric. Some like it some don't, to each his own. Guess I'll go back to playing real sports on Thursday nights until something else nitro friendly opens up.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerpDiggler View Post
No offense but you could not make running flashlights exciting for me if you had the Hawaiian tropic girls marshalling. There is more to just racing with nitro and a lot of that is lost when you go electric. Some like it some don't, to each his own. Guess I'll go back to playing real sports on Thursday nights until something else nitro friendly opens up.
No offense taken at all. Im just from a different area where its big I guess.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Jrcheese View Post
who the eff is bob ???? if he was opening the pit back up in a few weeks i dont think it would be so top secret that noone knows
Bob is the owner of Bob's RC heaven in El Mirage. on Dysart and T-bird..
It just opened like 1-2 months ago. Neat place but has a lot of out dated parts.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.