Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm in for tomorrow not Saturday. Another birthday party
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can't make it today I wish but I'm being taken out for my birthday dinner see you guys Saturday
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Happy Birthday Mario!! Enjoy
Old 08-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Happy Birthday Mario!! Enjoy
Thanks Kenny!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

For those of you who are interested...

There will be a hotdog cart at the track tonight and a pretty good one at that. It's one like you often see at home depot..

I'll partake fo sho!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sweet! love me some track dogs.

i'll be out in time for round 1 of open buggy....i hope.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

another fun nite of pro 2 ...just gota get my pro4 dialed ..
thanks kenny !!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for coming out last night. Good racing and out by Midnight!!

Here Are Thursday Results.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (4.6 KB, 40 views)
Round2.txt (5.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Saturday's Results...

Mario, I hope you're ok buddy.
Attached Files
Round1.txt (21.4 KB, 51 views)
Round2.txt (22.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_01_Pro 2_A-Main.pdf (28.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Last ones..

Cochran Sighting last night!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_05_Pro 4_A-Main.pdf (28.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

So got out the ER at 2:30am.
Xrayed and drugged up. I'm out for a couple of weeks.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Fun night! Good to have Mellen race, Nasty was a lot faster....on his feet! I won't recognize u if u disappear and come back another 70 lighter

Kenny, you're being paged to the 1/8 track...get a motor! I think Ernest and me are in for Thurs. I got a show on sat, so I'm out
Old 08-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Saturday's Results...

Mario, I hope you're ok buddy.
Thanks Kenny! Got to go see an Orthopedic Dr next couple of days cause nothing's broke but could be something torn.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm in for Thursday and Saturday this week. Weather looks like it's going to be nice all week. Under 100 in August is a gift.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

That was an amazing race night and the temps were awesome! Best save of the night was Mellen's landing on the triple, all outa shape dam near backwards, and with a loaner ride. I think Clay needed a change of drawers.

Tom killed it in buggy, dropped a good ways back from Wagner and weaved it up to the front like a boss. I'm not sure if that's a new motor or what. He's been having flameouts with the run-time modified motor he was testing, but this week it didn't show any hint of weakness. Wagner was again stupid fast last night and I think the entire group of buggies racing right now is really good. Since I was running truck I got to watch most of the main and see the lines some guys run and find the sections they are kicking my butt, so I'm anxious to make some changes when my buggy is back together!
NOTE:We continue to put a little asterisk by the results again this week.... Kenny did not race. I'm getting mine all freshed up so it's dialed for the Return of the Pickle.

Great group of trucks out this week, 13 truggies stuffed into one heat. TGFIQ means Thank Goodness For IFMAR Qualifying. Double points for use of an acronym inside an acronym. Some really good side by side racing throughout the night with Clay, David, Andrew, Ted, pretty much everyone. This is why I love truggy so much. The new motor is breaking in very nice! I don't think I noticed how much I move around on the stand until I started driving next to Clay a lot. We both drive like we're reeling in a marlin. I'm getting used to the new M11X, got some of the linkages in the car a bit tighter for more immediate response, set the steering and trigger springs for super light tension and it rocks!

The novice crew is putting in some good times, I'm amazed how fast the guys are in this class. I think the biggest two things that are separating them now from the open classes are not so much all-out speed, but rather consistency and tech experience. Consistency and staying clean side-by-side with other guys will come with more time on the track and getting your mental game in place. Key To The Race: Drive your own race. If you fall back in the pack in novice or open classes, the best way to recover is not to push harder, it's to refocus, hit your lines, and eliminate mistakes. The novice class is usually decided by who crashes the least, so if you can be that driver, you will find yourself flying past the other guys on their lids. Tech experience also comes with time, but you really can benefit from talking to the experienced racers, especially those that have been running the same car as you for a long time. Little hints and tricks that these guys know can help you make major leaps in the reliability of your car by preparing the right way and checking the right things between races. I had to make a list of things to check after every race because I can't remember anything once I get to the track. If anything ever comes loose or breaks, I add it to the list.

Jay Stuart lives! Thanks for pitting me and great seeing you at the track. Get the SC to the track again and get some wheeltime to shake out the rust for..... the truggy. Last I heard you still had that Go engine with 1 break-in tank through it. Mine hit the track today after about 6.5 tanks on it and I ran several tanks in practice, so if you get about 10 tanks it should begin to loosen up a bit, but you still need to cruise the back straight and go double-single on the front triple until it loosens more. I really have to get my SC back together and get some track time with it, I've learned a lot about smooth driving in 1/8 from running 2WD electric. For all the guys running 1/8 that have never tried 2WD SC or buggy, it's a very inexpensive way to get more track time and the things you pick up make a difference when you go back to the loud cars. 4WD electric gets more expensive in motors, batteries, and general maintenance so if you're doing it as a second class and as a learning tool I really like 2WD.

Best moment of the night. Beer Brat from the hotdog cart! McKenzi and I both agreed it was better than McDonalds on the way to the track, hope she comes out again! Kenny give us a heads up again so we don't buy junkfood before we get there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.