Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You gotta watch out for the ninja sumo rocks, although its interesting when you watch your buggy catch one on the straight at 50 mph and suddenly turn into an rc gymnast that can't stick a landing to save its life but miraculously survive
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowjacey View Post

Nothing aimed at you tom just clarifying my statement, please don't beat me up
always just fun for me!

A few rocks on outdoor tracks happen from coast to coast
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We're real fortunate to have this track, period. If this track were to go bye bye it's game over in AZ. I keep hearing that a lot of the old Nitro Pit guys are yet to make the transition over to FF. Pretty much nothing to wait for anymore. Fear Farm is a premier facility, and with some more racer support I'm sure the owner would have no problem making it better. Let's also not discount the fact that Kenny could be considered one of the best race announcers in the world. I listen to and watch tons of races, and if you listen to Kenny call the Nitro Challenge compared to other big events, there is no comparison.

It's summer time now so I'm sure that has some affect on attendance. Saturday night racing starting at 7pm now helps that out a bit.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
always just fun for me!

A few rocks on outdoor tracks happen from coast to coast
Nothing a broom and rake cant fix!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Every time I water or marshall an area I remove all the big rocks I see. Every time more show up. Not sure if it was just the quality/type of the dirt that was provided or the gremlins putting them back when I look the other way. I don't know enough about building tracks to know what the best dirt to use is. Maybe next time we can get some dirt that is screened a little finer? I know loosing a race due to a rock on the track or a nail sticking out of a tube is frusterating but every track has it positives and its negatives.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

The dirt was brought over from another patch of land on the property where they are building a parkinglot, there's a possibility it wasn't really checked out or the rocks weren't visible off hand so it was overlooked, if anyone has helped in a track build here they know this dirt has enough clay that when it clods up after being wet it clumps into boulders the size of basketball and as dense as concrete so the rocks could have hid in the boulder sized clumps.....
Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

The dirt was brought over from another patch of land on the property where they are building a parkinglot, there's a possibility it wasn't really checked out or the rocks weren't visible off hand so it was overlooked, if anyone has helped in a track build here they know this dirt has enough clay that when it clods up after being wet it clumps into boulders the size of basketball and as dense as concrete so the rocks could have hid in the boulder sized clumps.....
I did help with the initial track rebuild, I was under the impression the dirt had been brought from another location and selected for this application. If this is not the case maybe if we ever do a complete track rebuild it may be a good idea to screen it in the process.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Do any of you realize the machinery, manpower, time, and money involved with screening the rocks out of hundreds of tons of dirt? My guess is it's never going to happen so let's race and have fun and everyone who steps on the track to marshal or practice throw a few rocks over the fence.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Do any of you realize the machinery, manpower, time, and money involved with screening the rocks out of hundreds of tons of dirt? My guess is it's never going to happen so let's race and have fun and everyone who steps on the track to marshal or practice throw a few rocks over the fence.
Yes I do. Precisely why I said if we ever redo the track it would be a good idea. If the machinery is there to tear it all up then its not that much more work to screen it. Or flatten it and buy dirt that has already had the rocks removed. But till then I agree with you 100%.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Nothing a broom and rake cant fix!
Last time I was there I was the only one around. I found a little kitchen broom and began to sweep. Finally someone, (that is assoc. w/ fear farm I presume) showed up w/ a push broom. I asked why they don't just keep the brooms around the track all the time. He told me people take them. COME ON PEOPLE!!!! Really, you're going to take a broom from an RC track out on a farm! Maybe if there weren't such dirt bags among us we'd have a more maintained track. Because I know there is no shortage of volunteers willing to put the effort in.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Racers are not the only people that lurk around the track unfortunately.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Raining but were going to wait it out
I'll keep u posted.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Raining but were going to wait it out
I'll keep u posted.
HABOOOOOOB!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Kenny I'm On my way going to be a lil late
Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Clearing up, taking entries now.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.