Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

This thread is getting out of hand. Keep the personal attacks to yourself. This is supposed to be a fun hobby with friends not a keyboard bash-fest.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Vareck in his basement
Old 05-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Kenny and the FF Crew!!!!! I had a blast last night!!!! Seeing Fischer and Maifield Dice it out in the A-Main was Epic!!!! It has been a very long time since BF was able to do that with Maifield. Just goes to show you what a Good car and Confidence will do!!!!! In the the Open Buggy A-Main it looked like Kenny was having fun playing with Travis!!! Travis actually started pushing it harder than he is used to in Buggy Nice job to both of you!!! Kenny is a good coach/trainer!!! Thanks to Greg S. and Ernest for the Pit help last night the K-EVO was hooked up!!!!

@ Lewis that was me back in the day at HARVARD!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Default Good times last night!

First off, The sound lately was bad so we rearanged speakers last night. Now the 1/8 Track has another dedicated speaker. Any feedback? Was it better for Round 2 and the mains? We will keep working on it. We have the speakers, just need the right placement. Everything got jacked at nitro challenge.

That race with Billy and Ryan was epic. All it needed was Casey...

Great job all! Vareck in truggy, Fischer in Pro Buggy, Saunders in Open, John Grimes in 1/8 Novice, Daniel inPro 4, Taylor in Pro2,and Brian Hankla in 2wd buggy.

Weather was great and so werethe tracks. Thanks to Zach and all that helped out last night!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (19.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: txt
Round2.txt (20.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_03_Pro 2_A-Main.pdf (30.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 05-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Starts: I always do evens up front and odds in the back in round 1; That's how Scott Anfinson always did it. I always try to do things fair for everyone, hopefully with better sound there will be less confusion.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_04_Open 2WD_A-Main.pdf (27.2 KB, 72 views)
Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Vareck that truck looked insane out there, you had that right-side double downsiding awesome and hitting the inside line perfectly. If you're running truck next weekend at KBRL everyone is gonna have to step it up.

The plan for the 20minute main was to stay as smooth as possible since it's a long time to run without mistakes if you're pushing hard. Of course that plan went out the window once Kenny caught up. I could see a lot of places on the track where I could hold him off and then some areas where he destroyed me and put daylight between us. Kenneth, thanks for the lesson. There was so much traction in the main I think running good gridirons was a mistake, needed some more slip. Either running enduros like in quals or gridirons with more wear would have been great. For the guys driving here for KBRL that have not run here a lot, keep that in mind if the track is holding a lot of water.

Need some help. So far I've been consistent going double-single-double-single on the rythm section but I tried to hit the triple a few times and it seems like the car just does not want to get any launch to clear it. Should I go back to the aluminum flywheel for some extra pop or increase ride height/shock fluid so I don't scrape so much on the jump face or what? I've hit the right line several times but it just doesn't carry over. I know when I exit turns or hit the straight I'm not losing ground to cars there so the motor is plenty strong. Thoughts?
Old 05-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

To triple you mus be middle or outside. Inside has no lip.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

man i cant wait to get my losi buggy again, sucks not racing
Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

man I need to get out there again. We did that 200 lap race at Paddocks this weekend and I have been really busy with trying to move this month. Hopefully I can get some nitro in soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Large Scale Night Racing starting Saturday June 2nd!!

Alright folks, summer is here and we are starting up the night schedule on Saturday June 2nd at 6:00 PM. Bring out your buggies, trucks, or whatever you have and come join the fun.

Last edited by RAMTech-RC; 05-25-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Default MDA Camp help

Changing speeds here for a moment to ask once again for helpers, vehicles, and support equipment! Every year Jessica, myself, and volunteer R/C peeps go up to the high country, to the MDA Camp for kids. We spend the day helping kids with disabilities race R/C cars and it's always one of their favorite activities.

This year we will be going up on Tuesday June 5th, to a camp just outside of Payson. The new location is actually about 45 minutes closer than the old location, which was just outside of Heber. The day consists of meeting with 4 groups of kids, starting at 10AM. We are usually finished up and headed back home by 4PM.

Last year was the best yet due in large part to all the great people who came up to help. We had 12 people helping and about as many cars!! This year, Adam Drake and TLR have pledged 4 vehicles. I'll be bringing my 2wd buggy so we have a good start. What I'm needs is volunteers of course and more vehicles, radios, batteries, chargers, and support equipment.

It really is an awesome time and the weather up there is always 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix. lol

If you think you could part with your equipment for a few days or even have time to come be a part of things, please let me know!

Thanks so much for your time,

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kenny I should be able to come up with 2-3 vehicles for the kids to mess around with. I knew these Redcats would come in handy someday.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Lord

I can probably spend the day helping. I have no gear to lend out but I would donate my time to the cause. Can bring my wife and daughter also to help.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I can probably spend the day helping. I have no gear to lend out but I would donate my time to the cause. Can bring my wife and daughter also to help.
You could take some of my SC trucks up there if you want something to bring with you
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Lord

Cool I'll pick em up the weekend before

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.