Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I like it, im just curious because im still running my setup and was hoping I wouldn't have to change anything except shock oil weight and go back to kyoshos light blue springs
Old 05-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OK I played Pit Bitch tonight and had a very good time!!!!!!

NOW with that being said, KENNY in the 1/8 scale class PLEASE tell the Electric 1/8 Guys that if they use REVERSE that They are DISQUALIFIED!!!! YES I am talking about you Preston and the Jr............ I do understand that you can't see the entire track Kenny and what is going on but week in and week out BOTH continue to use it!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and my other 2cents if you are going to do a Heads up Start don't have a Electric Car Stop in front of a Nitro Car waiting for the Tone!!!!!!! The NITRO guy likes to Blip the Throttle just to make sure he stays running and the Electric TOOL Bag likes to hit REVERSE because he got bumped by the Nitro guy who was only trying to make sure that he wouldn't flame out.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

+1 I remember when I raced electric NO REVERSE ALLOWED... had to get a RACE speedo, with no reverse. I've seen it on both tracks, and it's bull shit. You don't see any drivers pull that shit at cactus.

Horrible night racing for me, maybe next week will be better, or maybe i'll break the new ride in on practice sessions, and i'll go back to racing club night after alabama.

My car will pass tech on any club night. ROAR rules do not allow reverse, i'm just saying. I wish I didn't work saturdays, because i'd rather race against nitro. I'm friends with some of the best electric 8th scale guys in the business...but thee current crop out on thurs night ain't those guys...and i'm no maifield. But I race clean, and by the rules. Not trying to get in a pissing match here, but if you are gonna pull that shit, do it on somebody else's time. My thursday night at fear farm is all I got at the moment. Won't be at kbrl....possibly not at all this year. I got to work. A little manners, everyone.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Holy crap. Sure there are frustrations sometimes but the last few weeks on Friday morning at 2 or 3 am it's a b*tchfest. Talk to Kenny by phone or in person, he doesn't even monitor RCTech very close.

Thanks a ton for the loaner ESC and motor Vareck. Turns out niether was broken. It was the throttle channel on the RX! It's funny that it was getting power from that port but it would not send the go-fast signal back up the wire to the ESC. I discovered it when I accidentally switched the steering/throttle wires and when I turned the wheel the motor spun. Crazy. Anyway I put in a spare RX and McKenzi is ready for SC racing again! Can't thank you enough.

The buggy is finally cleaned and prepped for Saturday after a LOOOONG work week. Now who wants some?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
OK I played Pit Bitch tonight and had a very good time!!!!!!

NOW with that being said, KENNY in the 1/8 scale class PLEASE tell the Electric 1/8 Guys that if they use REVERSE that They are DISQUALIFIED!!!! YES I am talking about you Preston and the Jr............ I do understand that you can't see the entire track Kenny and what is going on but week in and week out BOTH continue to use it!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and my other 2cents if you are going to do a Heads up Start don't have a Electric Car Stop in front of a Nitro Car waiting for the Tone!!!!!!! The NITRO guy likes to Blip the Throttle just to make sure he stays running and the Electric TOOL Bag likes to hit REVERSE because he got bumped by the Nitro guy who was only trying to make sure that he wouldn't flame out.

Seriously vareck get the stick out of your *ss. If I posted on rctech every time you did something wrong, I'd be posting every night after racing. I was sitting on the line for over 5 minutes when the nitro car rammed right up my *ss, after moving out of his way twice, I hit reverse to barely bump him. I didn't use reverse during racing. Then he rammed the f*ck out of me after the start.

At least I'm not marshaling people by putting them backwards on jumps, ignoring them when they flip near you, or just taking 12-13 years to pick them up.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

" eating popcorn and drinking beer "
Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

So lets just blame this on poor race directing...

Do electric 1/8 esc's have reverse lockout? If so, then let's start to use it.

As for the starts, maybe electrics wait on the outside of the corner after the rhythem section. That's probably safer anyway as I see them sitting on the outside edge right now and that's my line! lol

Travis: please let me know if I'm in for racing this weekend.

Have a good day everyone, t-minus 8 hrs 15 minutes until the weekend..

Kenneth James Brosh
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
So lets just blame this on poor race directing...

Do electric 1/8 esc's have reverse lockout? If so, then let's start to use it.

As for the starts, maybe electrics wait on the outside of the corner after the rhythem section. That's probably safer anyway as I see them sitting on the outside edge right now and that's my line! lol

Travis: please let me know if I'm in for racing this weekend.

Have a good day everyone, t-minus 8 hrs 15 minutes until the weekend..

Kenneth James Brosh
I was on the outside edge when he bashed into me. I sit my car in the pit till you call refueling then i go out there and sit on the line. Maybe nitro guys should learn to drive their cars, rather then bash into the electric guys who are sitting at the proper place on the track.

Reverse lockout is stupid. If you see my reverse during a race then penalize me. I do not reverse during a race, and quit frankly I am so sick of this electric jealously. The electric bashing does not speak for the majority of people out there, but yet they have the biggest mouths on rctech. I don't want to have to reprogram my esc in-between practice and race sessions. Reverse comes in very handy when your practicing on the track, and there is absolutely no one out there to flip you.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Kenny, can you post the results from last night? My wife wants to see on paper how bad she kicked my butt!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by will g View Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by will g View Post
Got an extra seat ?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
Got an extra seat ?
there maybe few left
Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We need to figure something out to keep the peace. Without each other last night would have sucked. Pretty sure 4 out of the 10 cars were electric, if not more. The turnouts on Thursday night are bad enough so we need to come up with something so that everyone is happy.

Back to the kitchen to fix my car. Last night was hell for me. Brakes intermittently locking up in mid air is no fun. Going end over end everywhere on the track made my night hell on wheels. See you all tomorrow.

Last edited by JoePit; 05-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Who gives a braap. Nitro dont like reverse, electric dont like waiting around 45 minutes for a weedwacker to warm up. Bla bla bla. Cant we all just get along.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just wish my red-headed step child of an 1/8 scale electric buggy would have stopped flaming out last night so I could finish a damn race. Even with the troubles, it was a blast to race my toy car with all the other man-boys. I feel fortunate to have found this hobby, it's been the best year of my life this past year with these get aways to the track!!

Last edited by photobrat; 05-18-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.