Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
A bunch of us were going to CV to race Saturday night but as usual more and more are backing out. 4 hours of travel time and 10 minute mains quickly put the kabash on it. Looks like Fear Farm wins out again to get my butt kicked by the big boys.
Pretty sure there will be no racing on the 12th at Fear Farm. Wish I could go to CV but I have a baby shower that day to attend
Old 05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I meant tomorrow Joe. CV put in a sweet new layout for KBrL and we were going to get some trackice for next weekend. I'm sure KBRL mains are not 10 minutes.
We went from 9 down to 2 for some reason or another so I'm staying local.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Saturday's races will be dedicated to MCA :-(
Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
MCA?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonG View Post
MCA?
Beast ee boys !! Rip mca !
Old 05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes, MCA. He was just inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame. terrible loss, only 48. I'mma rock the mic extra hard for him this weekend, as it's the only tribute i can offer.

Had fun last night, although the turnout was a little light. wtf happened to 10th scale?

I'll be taking next thursday off, because brown santa is bringing me a new ride, and i want to take my time building it. i wish i could race tomorrow, but i need to make $ to pay for this damned hobby/addiction.

that is all
Old 05-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I'm sure KBRL mains are not 10 minutes.
Yours will be! J/k Jazz. Man you left that one out there for somebody to spike it!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Good call Kenny. Sad day for sure. Adam was the illest!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

are there house transponders at fear farm or do you have to have your own
Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Yours will be! J/k Jazz. Man you left that one out there for somebody to spike it!
Kenny's making the B mains 11 minutes just for me.. He and I are tight
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Do you know how long the mains are tomorrow night Casey? We were gonna come down, but not for 10 minutes. Just not cost effective. Let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by recrutr911 View Post
Do you know how long the mains are tomorrow night Casey? We were gonna come down, but not for 10 minutes. Just not cost effective. Let me know.

Thanks
Mains at FEAR FARM since that is what this thread is will be 20 minutes!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Suggestion:

Any chance we could change from heads up starts to IFMAR starts? I tried to think of the negatives of IFMAR starts and can only think of one!

Positives of IFMAR:

1) No sitting idling on track (nitro motors do not like that)
2) No going in circles bumping into each other while trying to keep your motor running/cleaned out.
3) No burning fuel while waiting for restarts after flame outs.
3) Clock starts in 30 secs. Gives every one about 70 seconds to get across the start line (30 + 40 for leader to get first lap in)
4) Much safer for marshals. (5 vehicles piled up after the triple with 5 more coming at you airborne)
5) Better marshaling, as you can not blame a marshal for not diving in the middle of the above mess.
6) Much less broken parts! Not really the money to fix but the frustration of not being able to race.
7) If a few racers want to have heads up racing, they are more than welcome to cross the start line at the same time, without the effects of the above.
8) etc, etc

Negatives:

1) Hobby stores sell way less parts!!!!!!!!

Above is just for consideration. Either way, I love racing at Fear Farm and the comroderey with the racers!!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by recrutr911 View Post

Thanks
Lately we have been running 15-20 min mains
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Retired09 View Post
Any chance we could change from heads up starts to IFMAR starts? I tried to think of the negatives of IFMAR starts and can only think of one!

Positives of IFMAR:

1) No sitting idling on track (nitro motors do not like that)
2) No going in circles bumping into each other while trying to keep your motor running/cleaned out.
3) No burning fuel while waiting for restarts after flame outs.
3) Clock starts in 30 secs. Gives every one about 70 seconds to get across the start line (30 + 40 for leader to get first lap in)
4) Much safer for marshals. (5 vehicles piled up after the triple with 5 more coming at you airborne)
5) Better marshaling, as you can not blame a marshal for not diving in the middle of the above mess.
6) Much less broken parts! Not really the money to fix but the frustration of not being able to race.
7) If a few racers want to have heads up racing, they are more than welcome to cross the start line at the same time, without the effects of the above.
8) etc, etc

Negatives:

1) Hobby stores sell way less parts!!!!!!!!

Above is just for consideration. Either way, I love racing at Fear Farm and the comroderey with the racers!!!!!

Actually Heads up Start is better and im pretty sure most will agree. You can actually race and push your self, its hard doing that with just a clock, not actually knowing the exact spacing without a car right in front of you. Me and CJ were battling a few weeks ago and it was IFMAR style on accident, we started at the same time but i crossed the line about .5 sec behind him, i actually passed him on the track and finished 2nd, starting at the same time inst the same in ifmar.

your first 4 reasons are all related to tune( btw you have them numbered wrong). your motor should be able to sit for a while and not flame out, yes it can load up and flame after a good min of sitting but if your sitting there for a minute you left pit way to early. And for Kenny waiting for restarts thats totally his call, IMO that shouldn't happen in qualifiers , and you get 1 min call in the mains

the triple argument has nothing to stand on, people crash their the whole race, this is usually where i Marshall, people try it when they shouldnt, this just takes practice to learn when and when you shouldnt take a jump. As far as safe for marshals, they shouldnt go out getting the car if more people are coming over the jump, they gotta think safe, and if people are complaining about a marshal not getting their car all i gotta say is its YOUR FAULT YOU CRASHED. enough said! and people break parts wither your have heads up or ifmar.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.