Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hpifanboi View Post
This is exactly why I'm going with 8th scale electric for first time!!! I want to get used to the new size and 4wd of these kits. I'll be the first to admit I'm kinda scared jumping into nitro 8th scale of tuning then getting a feel of the car with no track support cause I'm new to the city. BUT.... after a few months of practice and racing I will jump into Nitro for the fun and much larger compention.
That is 100% understandable and completely reasonable. It's also why I made my post. Electric 1/8 simply has no staying power in Arizona. So if you buy one expecting to race against nitro cars, get ready for a different kind of headache. History just keeps on repeating itself with that class.

You guys would be surprised at how many nitro guys also owned electric 1/8's once upon a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvgj-...e_gdata_player
Old 05-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
You "couldn't" care less. Sorry, one of my pet peeves.
Thanks chance
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, this has been an interesting read, as said by others, we all want to race, we all want competition, and we all want to win, there will always be somebody faster, it doesn't matter if it's Nitro or Electric, It is what it is, Quit being a bunch of bickering bitches, and just race, If it was all about winning all the time, I would have quit years ago.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Clement View Post
That is 100% understandable and completely reasonable. It's also why I made my post. Electric 1/8 simply has no staying power in Arizona. So if you buy one expecting to race against nitro cars, get ready for a different kind of headache. History just keeps on repeating itself with that class.

You guys would be surprised at how many nitro guys also owned electric 1/8's once upon a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvgj-...e_gdata_player
Ive been there too still fun but different
Attached Thumbnails FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY-0083blog.jpg  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Well on a whole new note. I love my agama. I wasn't pulling the same great lap times as my JQ, but it handle better and I'm still getting used to it. Also I put my clocked p5 with truggy mod And all I can say is holy crap it was insane. I think I'll put my clocked p5 with buggy mod in the agama instead. Also I love my mbx6t, but I hate my from arms. They are like glass every race I'm replacing 2 arms.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Who all will be out on Saturday nite racing? I will be out there with 1/8 Nitro Truggy, if any body wants to feel better and kick my azz! I may need to throw out some Clay moves on some racers! lol come on Kilday, lets get it on, you to Allara, we can show what a bunch of whining racers can be. And still have fun!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

If know one has fun out there, BLAME VARECK!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
If know one has fun out there, BLAME VARECK!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

There is so much electric out there, last night I think 5-7 cars were out there. Last Saturday even more. So I hope no electric racing guys don't read these posts and get scared to come out. I have never once had anyone say anything negative about me running electric, and I really think this thread has taken a bad turn, and is going to give people bad impressions of how friendly people actually are on the track.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonG View Post
There is so much electric out there, last night I think 5-7 cars were out there. Last Saturday even more. So I hope no electric racing guys don't read these posts and get scared to come out. I have never once had anyone say anything negative about me running electric, and I really think this thread has taken a bad turn, and is going to give people bad impressions of how friendly people actually are on the track.
I would have kept my trap shut if I'd have know this has been an ongoing issue. A simple question about how the balancing is done between electric and nitro running on the same field turned into a disaster. All in all I do not feel this is hurting anything. Racers spend a crap ton of cash on these cars and I'm sure they are showing up 1 way or another regardless of what anyone thinks.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrestonG View Post
I don't think so. This has been mostly a discussion about a solution for nitro and electric to race together.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
I would have kept my trap shut if I'd have know this has been an ongoing issue. A simple question about how the balancing is done between electric and nitro running on the same field turned into a disaster. All in all I do not feel this is hurting anything. Racers spend a crap ton of cash on these cars and I'm sure they are showing up 1 way or another regardless of what anyone thinks.
+1 on showing up regardless!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
Who all will be out on Saturday nite racing? I will be out there with 1/8 Nitro Truggy, if any body wants to feel better and kick my azz! I may need to throw out some Clay moves on some racers! lol come on Kilday, lets get it on, you to Allara, we can show what a bunch of whining racers can be. And still have fun!
A bunch of us were going to CV to race Saturday night but as usual more and more are backing out. 4 hours of travel time and 10 minute mains quickly put the kabash on it. Looks like Fear Farm wins out again to get my butt kicked by the big boys.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How do you know it's 10 min mains?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
How do you know it's 10 min mains?
Its printed on all the heat sheets on the CV website under race results for nitro...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.