Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZTman View Post
I use the MuchMore 6.5V 7A regulator, fits in the rx box, ran it all last year with no problems, still running the same one in truggy, one for buggy too. Lipo runtime with nimh voltage, same set of savox 1268's in truck for 8months.
So you guys think the voltage might be killing these servos?

I think my truggy servo saver may have been too tight. As far as the buggy throttle servo, I wouldnt doubt it was due to the older style radio tray (where the throttle servo is close to the engine).
Old 04-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Savox HV servos are rated up to 9.5 volts. Its not the voltage that is killing them.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Heat

Jeff, I have been running the same throttle servos for almost a year, with the old radio tray. Have not had a failure yet, unless the wire gets frayed on the way from the servo to the receiver. I dont run my engines at 280 degrees, but still, I think I would of had some problems with 3 vehicles if it was the tray.

I would guess EPA setting, something binding, something crooked or bent before I would blame it on the tray.

Just my .02 worth. Still say you should have driven my buggy in the main.

Kevin
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

The Savox HV servos are rated for Lipo, but running more power through it will create more heat. I figure they are stupid fast at 6.5V so I don't have a reason to go higher. Of course, if the servo saver is too tight like you said, or endpoints are off, those things can destroy a new servo in a single run.

You posted wtf like you were out of answers and looking for some ideas, that's dangerous on this board lol.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Suspended

Default ok then..

Thanks for all the comments, I would have loved to make Thursday my FF racing night BUT after the POOR turnout and the Helpful insight and courteous suggestions from FATNASTY and a few others I think ill just continue to race at the local indoor tracks . Thanks for making my decision Easy..

Dan
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

DAN,
It's, BIG NASTY.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan1977 View Post
Thanks for all the comments, I would have loved to make Thursday my FF racing night BUT after the POOR turnout and the Helpful insight and courteous suggestions from FATNASTY and a few others I think ill just continue to race at the local indoor tracks . Thanks for making my decision Easy..

Dan
Damn dude, you're not making friends real fast around these parts. Don't bring that attitude to any of the other tracks otherwise you might end up getting ousted everywhere, lol.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
DAN,
It's, BIG NASTY.
I'm pretty certain he knows what Chris' real board name is. His comment was sarcastic and insulting.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

The Savox HV servos are rated for Lipo, but running more power through it will create more heat. I figure they are stupid fast at 6.5V so I don't have a reason to go higher. Of course, if the servo saver is too tight like you said, or endpoints are off, those things can destroy a new servo in a single run.

You posted wtf like you were out of answers and looking for some ideas, that's dangerous on this board lol.
As far as throttle servo stress, nothing has been said about throttle ball on carb slide is very important, angle should not be, more than what is needed, when getting to clear the center diff top plate, throttle linkage should be level and 90 degrees to throttle servo horn when attached, there can be flex in the chassis when driving, and causing binding in the linkage, pulling more stress on the throttle servo.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

The new Gen III radio tray makes a big difference in servo problems. I would highly recommend.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan1977 View Post

Dan
Wow, I thought BigNasty's post was informative and not insulting. Yours on the other hand.........
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Endpoints are good, throttle servo was set correctly as well. The "wtf?" was more of a comment of frustration than anything. Thanks for all the input though, doesn't sound like I missed anything.

I'll be back out there to try it again this saturday.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Default Your pretty quick...

[QUOTE=CHIZZLE;10548438]Damn dude, you're not making friends real fast around these parts. Don't bring that attitude to any of the other tracks otherwise you might end up getting ousted everywhere, lol.[/QUOTE

I asked a simple question and got stupid responses from all the peanuts in the gallery. And OUSTED? I am the one who said I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK.

And for the record I asked a good question there were 2 ppl in the novice group ME AND MY FRIEND if we wanted to race each other we could just practice like we always do... We didnt even stay for the mains because it was lame..
Seems fair to ask for a free race next time when there are more than 2 drivers. BUT instead I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Dan1977;10549062]
Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Damn dude, you're not making friends real fast around these parts. Don't bring that attitude to any of the other tracks otherwise you might end up getting ousted everywhere, lol.[/QUOTE

I asked a simple question and got stupid responses from all the peanuts in the gallery. And OUSTED? I am the one who said I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK.

And for the record I asked a good question there were 2 ppl in the novice group ME AND MY FRIEND if we wanted to race each other we could just practice like we always do... We didnt even stay for the mains because it was lame..
Seems fair to ask for a free race next time when there are more than 2 drivers. BUT instead I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK
Well actually Dan, there were 3 of us at the start but you 2 were to SLOW so I moved up to Pro2! Roflmfao!!! Just joking with ya dude. Don't get your panties in a ruffle.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wow, it has been a while but this thread is surely deserving, and over due for a

"DANG!!"

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.