Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I am out in the Yuma, AZ area working now and happened to be in Phoenix today and stopped by the track to check it out. You all have an awesome facility, and I will probably be making the trip a few times a month to come race there. What time does the track open/racing start/racing over for the night? It looked like 1/8 Nitro Buggy was the largest class there, is this normally the case or is there another class that is generally larger?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vareck
Jeff IS Running Nitro now Veno!!
Good, some people catch on very quick!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jeff Pfeifer
I am out in the Yuma, AZ area working now and happened to be in Phoenix today and stopped by the track to check it out. You all have an awesome facility, and I will probably be making the trip a few times a month to come race there. What time does the track open/racing start/racing over for the night? It looked like 1/8 Nitro Buggy was the largest class there, is this normally the case or is there another class that is generally larger?
Track shedule is as follows.
Wednesday: Practice 6:00pm-10:00pm
Thursday: Race 7:00pm-11:00ish (track opens at 5:00pm, signups start at 6:00pm)
Friday: Practice 6:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday: Race 12:00pm-6:00ish depending on the turnout. (track opens at 10:00am, signups start at 11:00am)

Nitro Buggy is our largest class right now. Everyone is preparing for the Nitro Challenge. It can change on a weekly basis.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer

Mellen , i wasn't there so I have no idea what happened but are you using a switch ? If so is it the same one that came with the buggy when you bought it ? If so a new switch is $10 so it's good idea just to replace it , I doubt your battery died ,2000 mah lipo will give you over an hour run time . I had radio issues Thursday and put foam under my receiver and rebounded my receiver( I did it wrong the first time ) and had no more issues ... Just a thought
I checked the battery, it still has about 3.85 per cell so that isnt it. I was climbing the little left hander to hit the back straight when I lost contact with it. It was going in and out and I had more steering than throttle control. Marshalls brought the car across that track (still running) and I had full control at that point. I didnt want to risk a runaway so I shut her down. My receiver is double sided taped to the inside of the receiver tray so that could be getting interference. I am using the used on/off switch that Friery gave me but I have another so I might try that. If I had to guess, I'd say a wire got pinched somewhere in it and it was finally cutting out after the 2 days of racing I have done with it. I'll dissect it tomorrow and figure it out.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznitronut
We don't have these kind of issues with NITRO!
Funny when a NITRO guy doesn't know when another NITRO guy is talking about NITRO. Speaking of which, why do all you NITRO guys always spell NITRO with capital letters?
Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

ELECTRIC!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Funny when a NITRO guy doesn't know when another NITRO guy is talking about NITRO. Speaking of which, why do all you NITRO guys always spell NITRO with capital letters?
Because they are used to screaming from the drivers stand
Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My friend and I raced at Fear Farm for the first time yesterday and had a really good time. We are located in the far east valley and just dont make the trip, but will again soon. The people were friendly and the racing was awesome. Thanks to Kenny B. and the crew.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingnutz21
My friend and I raced at Fear Farm for the first time yesterday and had a really good time. We are located in the far east valley and just dont make the trip, but will again soon. The people were friendly and the racing was awesome. Thanks to Kenny B. and the crew.
Glad you had a good time. What classes did you race?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wingnutz21
Which class did you run? How did you do?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Great Day

My friend and I came out from the east valley to visit Fear Farm for the first time. Had a great time. Drivers were cool, announcers were terrific ! The electric track was really fun to drive. Liked to see all the kids there and an actual kids class event. Good to see the upcoming talent. We got to park right up to the track, pull up some shade and had a blast.

If I had to pick what stood out the most was the way everything went during the day - like a well oiled clock. The officials made sure all the heats/main went w/o wasted time. There were 9 events, two tracks, water ect. and I still got home at a decent time to have a couple beers.

Although I run electric, I really enjoyed watching the Nitro racers ! Dang, those guys have talent. Getting huge air, twisting and setting them down like that was awesome !

Anyway, Thanks everyone at Fear Farm. One of those days I will pack into my memory bank as a fun day well spent.....
Old 01-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Why?
Is this a trick question?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is this a trick question?
It's a NITRO thing Chance You wouldn't understand

Anyways had a Blast yesterday, was alot of fun battling it out with Mellen in Truggy until I broke a .20 piece. Oh well still was a very fun time!!!! Come on Thursday Night!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vareck
It's a NITRO thing Chance You wouldn't understand
True that buddy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.