Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Haha, you and 90% of the other guys that raced that night. I saw the list of names dude, it's not like they're all itching to do the FF Thursday night series race.
I think thats the point. I wish people were itching. Oh well
Old 01-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIPHERintheSAND View Post
I have a Novak Havok Pro for my ESC and a Novak GTB 10.5 for my motor.

The speed control throws an error code that says..."Possible ESC shut-down doe to locked rotor detection. Return throttle to neutral position to regain motor control. Check vehicle drive train for free operation."

I have torn my transmission apart, and checked all my gears and bearings. I have replaced both my rear hubs entirely, including new bearings. I have cleaned the motor with cleaner and checked and lubed the motor bearings.

last night, when I tore the motor out, I ran it and it still threw the same error code.

After all that it still shut down several times during our main.
Have you tried a new sensor cable? If so, have you heard of the sticker mod? Take the sensor plate out of the motor and put stickers over the 6 sensor probe dealeo's. Novak was having a clearance issue with some of their motors/sensor plates. Basically, the bearing was too close to the sensors and effing things up. I was having those same symptoms/error codes and contacted Charlie at Novak. He told me to try it out and it worked! Just take an RC sticker(I'm sure you have some laying around), and cut little rectangles that will buffer the zone between the bearing and 6 probes. It's free to try before you drop the coin on a new setup.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFriery View Post
I think thats the point. I wish people were itching. Oh well
Well those of us that actually SHOW UP and Race out there AREN"T Itching Mike we are RACING!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Have you tried a new sensor cable? If so, have you heard of the sticker mod? Take the sensor plate out of the motor and put stickers over the 6 sensor probe dealeo's. Novak was having a clearance issue with some of their motors/sensor plates. Basically, the bearing was too close to the sensors and effing things up. I was having those same symptoms/error codes and contacted Charlie at Novak. He told me to try it out and it worked! Just take an RC sticker(I'm sure you have some laying around), and cut little rectangles that will buffer the zone between the bearing and 6 probes. It's free to try before you drop the coin on a new setup.

That's good stuff Chizz
Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I'll look into trying that. Thanks!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
Well those of us that actually SHOW UP and Race out there AREN"T Itching Mike we are RACING!!!!!
Amen. Stop bitching, show up and race. I'm used to having a nitro series in the winter every year. I'm damn glad we got this, because kbrl will have to wait until god knows when, and jbrl isn't until march 31. At least I can get track time and work on setup prior to nitro challenge and finish my series fresh from nitro challenge. It's hard to spend that kind of money if I have to take saturdays off work just to get some track time. Please, fellas, come yo the party. If not, feel free to bitch about this on some other thread, or maybe start one of your own, just to bitch about how this isn't srs.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
Amen. Stop bitching, show up and race. I'm used to having a nitro series in the winter every year. I'm damn glad we got this, because kbrl will have to wait until god knows when, and jbrl isn't until march 31. At least I can get track time and work on setup prior to nitro challenge and finish my series fresh from nitro challenge. It's hard to spend that kind of money if I have to take saturdays off work just to get some track time. Please, fellas, come yo the party. If not, feel free to bitch about this on some other thread, or maybe start one of your own, just to bitch about how this isn't srs.
Easy guys, I think some things are being taken out of context, lets put the keyboards back in their holsters. We all love Fear Farm and would have been there if we weren't told that 2wd was going to be 13.5, that's all. And we know that there aren't enough guys right now to run 2 classes on a Thursday night. No biggie though, the racing always goes on.

See you guys at FF next weekend for the KBRL (well except Vareck and Biggie, they're gasholes).
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up

We posted at the same time how cute
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

"Keyboards back in the holsters", LOL I like that!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

BTW, Trevor and Mike, I can't believe you guys are so afraid to get beat by me and my little Super Stock Buggy, lol.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BTW, Trevor and Mike, I can't believe you guys are so afraid to get beat by me and my little Super Stock Buggy, lol.
uh oh!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

He never knows when to keep it in his pants!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

FF Rocked. I just got back from my deployment in Afghanistan and it felt awesome to get back into racing. Even though i was in a nitro novice class with only 3 guys I had a blast. All the guys out there are bada$$, always willing to help out. Also a big thanks to James With Team Terribles for helping me out with parts and any questions i have for him.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SPC Douglas Walters, welcome home and THANK YOU! Thanks so much for what you guys do for all of us. Glad you had a good time, I'm looking forward to this Thursday for Round 2.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Remember Large Scale Racing is on Sunday this weekend.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.