Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM
  #4921  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
MikeFriery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Haha, you and 90% of the other guys that raced that night. I saw the list of names dude, it's not like they're all itching to do the FF Thursday night series race.
I think thats the point. I wish people were itching. Oh well
MikeFriery is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:01 PM
  #4922  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CIPHERintheSAND View Post
I have a Novak Havok Pro for my ESC and a Novak GTB 10.5 for my motor.

The speed control throws an error code that says..."Possible ESC shut-down doe to locked rotor detection. Return throttle to neutral position to regain motor control. Check vehicle drive train for free operation."

I have torn my transmission apart, and checked all my gears and bearings. I have replaced both my rear hubs entirely, including new bearings. I have cleaned the motor with cleaner and checked and lubed the motor bearings.

last night, when I tore the motor out, I ran it and it still threw the same error code.

After all that it still shut down several times during our main.
Have you tried a new sensor cable? If so, have you heard of the sticker mod? Take the sensor plate out of the motor and put stickers over the 6 sensor probe dealeo's. Novak was having a clearance issue with some of their motors/sensor plates. Basically, the bearing was too close to the sensors and effing things up. I was having those same symptoms/error codes and contacted Charlie at Novak. He told me to try it out and it worked! Just take an RC sticker(I'm sure you have some laying around), and cut little rectangles that will buffer the zone between the bearing and 6 probes. It's free to try before you drop the coin on a new setup.
CHIZZLE is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
  #4923  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeFriery View Post
I think thats the point. I wish people were itching. Oh well
Well those of us that actually SHOW UP and Race out there AREN"T Itching Mike we are RACING!!!!!
Vareck is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM
  #4924  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Have you tried a new sensor cable? If so, have you heard of the sticker mod? Take the sensor plate out of the motor and put stickers over the 6 sensor probe dealeo's. Novak was having a clearance issue with some of their motors/sensor plates. Basically, the bearing was too close to the sensors and effing things up. I was having those same symptoms/error codes and contacted Charlie at Novak. He told me to try it out and it worked! Just take an RC sticker(I'm sure you have some laying around), and cut little rectangles that will buffer the zone between the bearing and 6 probes. It's free to try before you drop the coin on a new setup.

That's good stuff Chizz
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
  #4925  
Tech Initiate
 
CIPHERintheSAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Have you tried a new sensor cable? If so, have you heard of the sticker mod? Take the sensor plate out of the motor and put stickers over the 6 sensor probe dealeo's. Novak was having a clearance issue with some of their motors/sensor plates. Basically, the bearing was too close to the sensors and effing things up. I was having those same symptoms/error codes and contacted Charlie at Novak. He told me to try it out and it worked! Just take an RC sticker(I'm sure you have some laying around), and cut little rectangles that will buffer the zone between the bearing and 6 probes. It's free to try before you drop the coin on a new setup.
I'll look into trying that. Thanks!!!
CIPHERintheSAND is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
  #4926  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
BigNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: About 2 laps down...
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
Well those of us that actually SHOW UP and Race out there AREN"T Itching Mike we are RACING!!!!!
Amen. Stop bitching, show up and race. I'm used to having a nitro series in the winter every year. I'm damn glad we got this, because kbrl will have to wait until god knows when, and jbrl isn't until march 31. At least I can get track time and work on setup prior to nitro challenge and finish my series fresh from nitro challenge. It's hard to spend that kind of money if I have to take saturdays off work just to get some track time. Please, fellas, come yo the party. If not, feel free to bitch about this on some other thread, or maybe start one of your own, just to bitch about how this isn't srs.
BigNasty is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
  #4927  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
Amen. Stop bitching, show up and race. I'm used to having a nitro series in the winter every year. I'm damn glad we got this, because kbrl will have to wait until god knows when, and jbrl isn't until march 31. At least I can get track time and work on setup prior to nitro challenge and finish my series fresh from nitro challenge. It's hard to spend that kind of money if I have to take saturdays off work just to get some track time. Please, fellas, come yo the party. If not, feel free to bitch about this on some other thread, or maybe start one of your own, just to bitch about how this isn't srs.
Easy guys, I think some things are being taken out of context, lets put the keyboards back in their holsters. We all love Fear Farm and would have been there if we weren't told that 2wd was going to be 13.5, that's all. And we know that there aren't enough guys right now to run 2 classes on a Thursday night. No biggie though, the racing always goes on.

See you guys at FF next weekend for the KBRL (well except Vareck and Biggie, they're gasholes).
Shocker is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
  #4928  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
MikeFriery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up

We posted at the same time how cute
MikeFriery is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM
  #4929  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

"Keyboards back in the holsters", LOL I like that!
CHIZZLE is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 PM
  #4930  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

BTW, Trevor and Mike, I can't believe you guys are so afraid to get beat by me and my little Super Stock Buggy, lol.
CHIZZLE is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
  #4931  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
BTW, Trevor and Mike, I can't believe you guys are so afraid to get beat by me and my little Super Stock Buggy, lol.
uh oh!
mellen_mpz is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
  #4932  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
recrutr911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
BTW, Trevor and Mike, I can't believe you guys are so afraid to get beat by me and my little Super Stock Buggy, lol.
He never knows when to keep it in his pants!!!!
recrutr911 is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 10:32 AM
  #4933  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (34)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glendale,AZ
Posts: 710
Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)
Default

FF Rocked. I just got back from my deployment in Afghanistan and it felt awesome to get back into racing. Even though i was in a nitro novice class with only 3 guys I had a blast. All the guys out there are bada$$, always willing to help out. Also a big thanks to James With Team Terribles for helping me out with parts and any questions i have for him.
dougwalter911 is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 PM
  #4934  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
BigNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: About 2 laps down...
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

SPC Douglas Walters, welcome home and THANK YOU! Thanks so much for what you guys do for all of us. Glad you had a good time, I'm looking forward to this Thursday for Round 2.
BigNasty is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
  #4935  
Tech Apprentice
 
RAMTech-RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 55
Default

Remember Large Scale Racing is on Sunday this weekend.
RAMTech-RC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.