Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadoweye
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the track will be open for practice on the weekend of March 24th through the 25th? Also if anyone knows where to get Nitrotane 30% fuel near Fear Farm that will be helpful as well. Thanks
The new hobby town at scottsdale has it worse case
Old 01-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Nitrotane is scarce in AZ. Go to the AZ hobby shop thread and call around to see if anyone has it. As far as I know most shops dropped it when the prices started approaching $50 a gallon. you have better luck trying to ship some here for yourself, or contacting a Losi team driver to see if they will sell you some at the race. team Losi is always at this race in force and they may be willing to part with a gallon or 2. Last years NC they had a trailer full of Nitrotane. At least 20 cases
Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Lots of fast fast drivers on the track for club racing yesterday. Good too see you out there TanMan, but getting stuck on the far left side of the stand put the marshall for the back to front double right in the way of the turn and run-up right before it.

A couple guys mentioned to me that the buggy chassis seemed to be dancing around a lot more than other cars, even on the straight. I run the Trevor Clement special Nitro Challenge 2010 setup for truggy with a couple minor changes, anything out there that will make a buggy handle like that?lol

There was an awesome battle for the lead in nitro novice, too. Gary and Patrick goin for it, trading the lead several times, hardly any contact. Great driving guys!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZTman
Lots of fast fast drivers on the track for club racing yesterday. Good too see you out there TanMan, but getting stuck on the far left side of the stand put the marshall for the back to front double right in the way of the turn and run-up right before it.

A couple guys mentioned to me that the buggy chassis seemed to be dancing around a lot more than other cars, even on the straight. I run the Trevor Clement special Nitro Challenge 2010 setup for truggy with a couple minor changes, anything out there that will make a buggy handle like that?lol

There was an awesome battle for the lead in nitro novice, too. Gary and Patrick goin for it, trading the lead several times, hardly any contact. Great driving guys!
Hey Travis what buggy are you running? I can prolly help you out. Also tires are huge on that bumpy surface. You want a tire that will not catch those things. Some tires are just about undriveable out there.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

any chance last Sat's club race and this Sat's club race results will be posted?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Casey he is running Kenny's Buggy!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CaseyP
any chance last Sat's club race and this Sat's club race results will be posted?
+1
Hey Travis what buggy are you running? I can prolly help you out. Also tires are huge on that bumpy surface. You want a tire that will not catch those things. Some tires are just about undriveable out there.
You KNOW it's a Losi.
Originally Posted by Vareck
Casey he is running Kenny's Buggy!!!
Yup
I haven't redone the setup yet, but I put in my motor, servos, electronics, and G3 radio tray. I've been trying to get wheeltime on it before I mess with setup, So I can't even tell you what shock oil I'm running. Seems too light tho, so I guess I need a good sheet and redo it so I know where I'm at from the ground up.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Nitrotane is scarce in AZ. Go to the AZ hobby shop thread and call around to see if anyone has it. As far as I know most shops dropped it when the prices started approaching $50 a gallon. you have better luck trying to ship some here for yourself, or contacting a Losi team driver to see if they will sell you some at the race. team Losi is always at this race in force and they may be willing to part with a gallon or 2. Last years NC they had a trailer full of Nitrotane. At least 20 cases
Ok, what race is going on that weekend? I will not be there during the Nitro Challenge.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadoweye
Ok, what race is going on that weekend? I will not be there during the Nitro Challenge.
My bad. I didn't read your post through. I thought you were looking for fuel for the NC. Call around to some of our local shops and see if they have it or may be willing to get you some. If all else fails go to Quicks RC 1/2 block from Fear Farm and grab a gallon of VP powermaster. It's As close as you will find to Nitrotane and it has some Castor oil for added protection. Your going to have to Re-tune your engine for our ambient conditions anyway.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I tried to connect the track computer to my phones mobile internet so I could email myself the results, but it was unable to connect. I did not have a flash drive with me, so I was unable to save them to one. If I drive by the track before Wednesday, I will stop buy and pull those results and post them.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

cool Thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

What tires would you recommend?, I have Eclipse's green compound which seems to work best for me, I just picked up some AKA Gridirons soft, but have not used them yet.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default FEAR FARM Elec-Tro Point Series

Here is the information for the point series
Attached Thumbnails FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY-elec-tro-series.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Setup on Kenny's Losi

I haven't redone the setup yet, but I put in my motor, servos, electronics, and G3 radio tray. I've been trying to get wheeltime on it before I mess with setup, So I can't even tell you what shock oil I'm running. Seems too light tho, so I guess I need a good sheet and redo it so I know where I'm at from the ground up.

Travis. I setup Kenny's chassis and if I remember correctly, it was Adam Drake's setup. Kenny may be able to tell you which track it came from. We did most setup changes using tires. For the most part, Kenny liked the way it handled. Your driving style is different, so you may want to change things.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
I dont believe they sell Nitrotane. I went in there 2 weeks ago to get some and they had Powermaster and another brand that i cant remember the name of.
Nitrotane was a VP Fuels product, then in 2010 VP Fuel purchased the Powermaster brand. I believe now all VP Fuel for R/C use will use the Powermaster label. I hope this helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.