Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Losi 5 4x4

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Rumor around town is that the 1/5th scale track begins construction on Sunday.
Did you get the monster yet?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sullypro08
Did you get the monster yet?
Nobody has yet. I think they're shipping next week though. You coming out to the Farm on Saturday for some Pro 4?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZTman
Todd Jonas is the MAN!! Now i need a pit man.
Got a Truggy watch out!^^

Rumor around town is that the 1/5th scale track begins construction on Sunday.
Hey Chance, when charging your lipo’s at higher amperage did you notice a performance advantage like more punch? Or was the only advantage decreased charge time?

I am thinking about stepping up to one of those high end chargers.

Thx TJ
Old 10-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carkingaz
Hey Chance, when charging your lipo’s at higher amperage did you notice a performance advantage like more punch? Or was the only advantage decreased charge time?

Thx TJ
No, you'll see no performance gain from charging your batts at a higher amperage. Just faster charge time is all. Some guys don't like to charge at more than a 1c rate (even if they have batts capable of 5c), claiming it's bad for the batteries. I don't know, I just charge at a 2c rate and my batts have been pretty solid.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Nobody has yet. I think they're shipping next week though. You coming out to the Farm on Saturday for some Pro 4?
No go buddy. I might take my buddy's Teryx to crown king for the chili cook off. You should do that! Hit me up if you change your mind.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

No go buddy. I might take my buddy's Teryx to crown king for the chili cook off. You should do that! Hit me up if you change your mind.
Ehh, I try to avoid that place during their special "CK holiday's". Five-O like to hang out on the trails if you know what I mean. Not that I'm doing anything wrong or anything, just sayin'.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Nice, bring it! Hmm, I guess I do need a pit man now, and new shoes.
What you get?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Ehh, I try to avoid that place during their special "CK holiday's". Five-O like to hang out on the trails if you know what I mean. Not that I'm doing anything wrong or anything, just sayin'.
What's "Ck"?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's "Ck"?
Crown King!

Hey Chance, we are going for a morning ride up the agua fria, then I plan on racing as well. You are welcome to join us on the ride.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
Crown King!

Hey Chance, we are going for a morning ride up the agua fria, then I plan on racing as well. You are welcome to join us on the ride.
Duh. Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spread The Word!!

Just a few housekeeping things;

-The owners would like everyone to use the Thomas entrance this Saturday due to concert traffic.

-We found: A charger, HPI wheels, and a duratrax hex wrench last week. See Me or Dale to claim your stuff.

-Also, the 5th scale track could be done as early as Monday form what I hear??!! Thanks to everyone who is donating their time & equipment for it!! Horizon is still showing 10/10 for the black 5ive T and 10/13 for the white one. Can't wait!!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thx TJ
No, you'll see no performance gain from charging your batts at a higher amperage. Just faster charge time is all. Some guys don't like to charge at more than a 1c rate (even if they have batts capable of 5c), claiming it's bad for the batteries. I don't know, I just charge at a 2c rate and my batts have been pretty solid.

as chance said you wont see a performance gain from it, you just get the faster charge time. they wont last as long tho. If you have the time i would suggest 1C but if your in a crunch most batteries can take more then 1C just fine , if you dont do it every time you shouldnt see a decrease in life.

tell you what tho i cant wait to get back out to FF, my schedule has been so F'ed up lately. i should be out next thursday wheeling a 2wd buggy. but after that it prob wont be till the warm up race. but my schedule should be clear after that
Old 10-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
as chance said you wont see a performance gain from it, you just get the faster charge time. they wont last as long tho. If you have the time i would suggest 1C but if your in a crunch most batteries can take more then 1C just fine , if you dont do it every time you shouldnt see a decrease in life.

tell you what tho i cant wait to get back out to FF, my schedule has been so F'ed up lately. i should be out next thursday wheeling a 2wd buggy. but after that it prob wont be till the warm up race. but my schedule should be clear after that
Doug who???
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

No chit. 13t pinion Kittrell!!! I'm gonna need that back for my new ride.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We are planning to make the warm-up race on Nov 5th. Since we are coming from out of town what options do we have for racing/driving on Fri. Prefer a race but practice at the farm would be ok. Thoughts? Trying to make the most of a 12hr one-way drive. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.