Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 08-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
What set up are you running . I run run full droop with shock ends unscrewed two turns. No need for the droop screws then .
87mm front, 101mm rear which is pretty much full droop (set screws in a little to prevent over-extension). I noticed after Saturday, my front left changed to 81.64mm? Not sure how many heats I ran like that, but it either changed on its own, or someone did it for me.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZHobbies View Post
Has anyone running the SCTE had a problem with their droop set screws changing position dramatically while driving?

I had mine back out the bottom of the arm and limited my travel to about 50% (noticed it right before the sound of the tone a couple weeks ago during a main!).

I still run mine but I put locktite on them. I guess they will chew into your chassis over time as well. They are basically a pain in the ass! My 8ight has the same droop screws but theres a little stopper on the chassis for wear.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz View Post
I had mine back out the bottom of the arm and limited my travel to about 50% (noticed it right before the sound of the tone a couple weeks ago during a main!).

I still run mine but I put locktite on them. I guess they will chew into your chassis over time as well. They are basically a pain in the ass! My 8ight has the same droop screws but theres a little stopper on the chassis for wear.
Must be common then. Mine was the same, set screw sticking out about 50% from the arm. Screwed in though, weird.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I took mine out. They were doing the same thing. Some guys are drilling and taping the chassis to install a flat head screw. This way the droop screw doesn't keep eating away at the chassis. I think a drop of ca glue would be better than locktite if you are going to run them.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZHobbies View Post
87mm front, 101mm rear which is pretty much full droop (set screws in a little to prevent over-extension). I noticed after Saturday, my front left changed to 81.64mm? Not sure how many heats I ran like that, but it either changed on its own, or someone did it for me.
Take out and run full droop front and rear. depending on your shock position you can unscrew your shock end to achieve the same droop. stock positions are F 1/outside R 2/inside .... im running aaron lane set up which is F- 1 outside R 2/outside. shock end unscrewed 2 turns front and rear

Best thing to do it test to see what you like

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz View Post

the original 8ight didnt have those droop screw pads. Losi learned on the 2.0 to put them in. Idk why they didnt do it on the scte, i guess the new lightened chassis has them.

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
I took mine out. They were doing the same thing. Some guys are drilling and taping the chassis to install a flat head screw. This way the droop screw doesn't keep eating away at the chassis. I think a drop of ca glue would be better than locktite if you are going to run them.
x2
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm planning on heading out to Fear Farm on Friday for 6pm-10pm practice. But is it just way too hot at 6pm, do most show up after sunset?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TLR 22T - Exclusive spy shots from LRC! :: LiveRC.com
www.liverc.com
LiveRC.com features the latest news, pictures, and videos in the radio control car industry. LiveRC.com also features exclusive live audio and video from various races around the world.
LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE GETTY BACK INTO ELECTRIC
Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I'm planning on heading out to Fear Farm on Friday for 6pm-10pm practice. But is it just way too hot at 6pm, do most show up after sunset?

Its still pretty hot at 6pm. By 7pm the sun is pretty low and almost set so its much more comfortable
Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
www.liverc.com
LiveRC.com features the latest news, pictures, and videos in the radio control car industry. LiveRC.com also features exclusive live audio and video from various races around the world.
Sick! I wonder how long before they have a conversion kit for the 22 buggy?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

www.liverc.com
i cant count that high with how many times you have said that and then you dont lol
Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i cant count that high with how many times you have said that and then you dont lol
Well Maybe!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Well Maybe!!!!!!!!!!
Will NEVER happen!!

Get an ELECTRIC TRUGGY
Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, I'll put a little CA on them. I like having them in just to keep the load off my shock pistons while I'm using the barrel-roll tactic to apex corners.

I have the screw mod on my chassis. Thanks Steve!

Jeff, just a heads up, loctite has been known to dissolve some plastics. In the heli world, it's loctite on all metal to metal and CA on all metal to plastic. We put that s..t on everything!! Guess I'll have to start doing it to my land based vehicles too.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roy Esckelson View Post
Get an ELECTRIC TRUGGY
Did you guys hear how cold it was in hell today?
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Martin: double D's, bar codes, groovy's up front.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.