Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 08-01-2011, 08:51 PM
  #3106  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Have you tried a Nova bonito for truggy yet? It's scarry! not quite OS 28 scarry but awesome in truggy
No still running the Ninja for now but I am gonna try the X7. What pipe are you running on the Bonito?
Vareck is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
  #3107  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aznitronut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 2,486
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
When its done and you up here, I sure will It cant get built fast enough. My Losi Truggy is the best Losi Truggy I have ever owned and ran out at the pit with this setup so I am really wanting FF to get done as quickly as possible. I have not been able to get hardly any wheel time for months now. Racing only once every 2 weeks sucks. Thats if I am lucky.
What set up are you using now?
aznitronut is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
  #3108  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aznitronut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 2,486
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Have you tried a Nova bonito for truggy yet? It's scarry! not quite OS 28 scarry but awesome in truggy
Whats fuel consumption like?
aznitronut is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
  #3109  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Nick, you scare me
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
  #3110  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The NitroPit
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by carkingaz View Post
Thats good to know!



Not Yet! But in 24hrs it will be
I think I have to bring my sharpie to write on the sure to be Pactra sprint white canvas.

Looking forward to this.
msciarrotta is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
  #3111  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
CaseyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Having fun racing toy cars in beautiful AZ
Posts: 1,716
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
No still running the Ninja for now but I am gonna try the X7. What pipe are you running on the Bonito?
Originally Posted by aznitronut View Post
Whats fuel consumption like?
9901 w/ 41021 header 7mm restrictor I was able to get 11:20 or so at the Nats with a ton of power
CaseyP is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 AM
  #3112  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aznitronut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phx. Az
Posts: 2,486
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
9901 w/ 41021 header 7mm restrictor I was able to get 11:20 or so at the Nats with a ton of power
Sounds good, thanks.
aznitronut is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
  #3113  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
DerpDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: peoria, az.
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Woot, ordered my truggy today! No more mt class for me!
DerpDiggler is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
  #3114  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
ehames005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DerpDiggler View Post
Woot, ordered my truggy today! No more mt class for me!
Awesome!!!! Love having more truggys, what did you order??
ehames005 is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
  #3115  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
DerpDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: peoria, az.
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ehames005 View Post
Awesome!!!! Love having more truggys, what did you order??
Nothing too impressive, I was saving up to build a rc8t but while surfing ebay last night I found a brand new rc8t rs rtr for 300 bucks. I could not resist. Plan on upgrading to a 2.4ghtz radiot and pick up a starter box this week.

Gotta start somewhere!
DerpDiggler is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 PM
  #3116  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DerpDiggler View Post
Nothing too impressive, I was saving up to build a rc8t but while surfing ebay last night I found a brand new rc8t rs rtr for 300 bucks. I could not resist. Plan on upgrading to a 2.4ghtz radiot and pick up a starter box this week.

Gotta start somewhere!
Interested in a DX3S? I upgraded to Airtronics so I'm selling the Spektrum. $150 for it and 2 receivers. $175 for it and 3 receivers.
mellen_mpz is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
  #3117  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
DerpDiggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: peoria, az.
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz View Post
Interested in a DX3S? I upgraded to Airtronics so I'm selling the Spektrum. $150 for it and 2 receivers. $175 for it and 3 receivers.
I would but I have a 125 gift card to hrizon hobbies, I think I am going to order the new dx3c. Its not as fancy but it gets the job done. Thx for the offer though! If you come across a good starter box hit me up.
DerpDiggler is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
  #3118  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Man FF is going to blow up once the big track and the 5th scale track are done. I remember the days of 150+ on a club night with 2-3 heats of each class including Truggy. You guys remember the truggy class right?! I can see those days coming back soon enough. Gonna be some great times racing with a packed house every weekend. I really hope we see the return of some missing friends also. This may be just what they needed to get their grooves back on. Way to Go Kenny and the crew at FF for giving us back what we once had.
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
  #3119  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Man FF is going to blow up once the big track and the 5th scale track are done. I remember the days of 150+ on a club night with 2-3 heats of each class including Truggy. You guys remember the truggy class right?! I can see those days coming back soon enough. Gonna be some great times racing with a packed house every weekend. I really hope we see the return of some missing friends also. This may be just what they needed to get their grooves back on. Way to Go Kenny and the crew at FF for giving us back what we once had.
the way it sounds there will even be electric 1/8th class too
losi_racer is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:28 PM
  #3120  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I remember the days of 150+ on a club night with 2-3 heats of each class including Truggy.
When was that? I've been racing in Arizona since 2005 and the only track I can remember ever getting to 100 entries for a club race was SRS. None of the nitro tracks (including the nitro pit back in the hayday of nitro racing) ever hit 100 club racers. There have been series races that creep up on the 150 mark, but never a club race that I know of.

I hear stories of SRS "back in the day" getting 20 heats for club racing but that was before I moved out here.

The location of Fear Farm is really rare for an RC track. I talk to a lot of people from all over AZ at my work and for the first time EVER, I have random people asking me about RC racing because they see the lights and track driving down the freeway. The amount of new racers we're going to see at fear farm could really get crazy with that kind of exposure.
Shocker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.