Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying that Kenny is doing a bad job. I believe he's telling us that we as racers need to get our act together and be ready to race and marshal instead of the announcer asking 15 times for a marshal to show up.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Loop goes live...

Is there a reason why we can't have the loop goes live for all of the classes except novice and monster trucks? It seems like we all could run a lot better without the first turn carnage?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Man I just don't like ifmar qualifying for a club race. More side by side racing action with heads up qualifying; I'll move the starting lines farther apart. Plus, that adds about 30 seconds or more to each qualifier.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
I'm afraid to do this but let's see if it can work without turning into the usual rctech debacle...
Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
No doubt, it's ridiculous we can't get 70+ entries done in 4 hours on a weeknight.
^^^^Now there's something that's ridiculous, haha!

8 heats is 8 heats. Doesn't matter if there's 24 racers or 80. Actual race time will be the same no matter what. Just sayin'
I'll move along now as I'm really not a consistent Thursday night racer. Sorry for interjecting my opinion.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Man I just don't like ifmar qualifying for a club race. More side by side racing action with heads up qualifying; I'll move the starting lines farther apart. Plus, that adds about 30 seconds or more to each qualifier.

Amen! I have never liked IFMAR qualifying. Im there to race other people, not a clock. I love getting the hole-shot, but I think I like it even more when I end up mid-pack and have to work to get to the front. IFMAR makes for 2 boring heats, and one race at the end of the night
Old 07-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I came from a track that always did Live loop starts. It took me a few to get use to the standing starts but now I like them. It is great to be able to battle and race the people ahead of you and when you make a pass you actually pass them.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

now that I think about it, the funnest race we have done was the dash for cash......SUpercross starts!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz View Post
now that I think about it, the funnest race we have done was the dash for cash......SUpercross starts!!!
You get to start in the back no matter what
Old 07-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

+1 heads up all the way it's like three mains.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Time

I have to agree with Trevor. These are electric cars that do not require tuning or fuel. If the drivers would walk off the stand and set their cars aside and go to the track, there would be less than 1 minute between races. Kenny spends 3-4 minutes on ALMOST every heat trying to get the marshals to the track.

If you have a child that races and needs help with marshaling, meet them at the bottom of the drivers stand and go out with them. There should never be a reason for a roll call, but I heard numerous ones on Thursday.

That's my .02 worth!

Thank you for your support and I hope to get your vote in the next election.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZHobbies View Post
I've been driving at Fear Farm 4 nights a week since January, and have yet to finish outside the top 5 in pro 4. I prefer Enduro's, but I also prefer the ability to traction roll rather than a spin-out. Some ppl on my team prefer bow-fighters, one prefers gridirons. We've tried every SC tire there is. Even the off-brands. It's all about your driving style, but I can tell you, you should try bow-fighters, endros, gridirons, and city-blocks before you say there's only one tire that works at FF.
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i have zero traction issue. Throttle control helps
Originally Posted by AZHobbies View Post
Lol, guess you found some tires that work for you then.
Tire choice boils down to YOUR Driving Style!!!! A wise man told me that once (SHOCKER) he also said find a good starting point for what works for you. When you ask, listen to the guy that is winning not the guy that has been running there 4 nights a week since January and still finishing 5th. WE have a good amount of PRO drivers they usually wont point you in the wrong direction. If you arent racing in there class ask the guy thats winning the class that you will be racing in, not the guy that is finishing Mid Pack!!!!!!!!!!!! That should be a good starting point.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not a normal Thursday racer but here is a thought maybe put a narrow table right by the drivers stand ramp where everyone likes to sit and have the racers set their cars and radio there after running. This way there is no need to head back to their pits. Just come off the drivers stand hang a left put your car and radio on the table and head straight to your marshalling spot. Straight forward and no excuses....just an idea
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+1

With 1 heat of a class it makes qualifying a race rather than a timed event. Even with 2 heats you pretty much know you will advance to the A if you can win it.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
I'm not a normal Thursday racer but here is a thought maybe put a narrow table right by the drivers stand ramp where everyone likes to sit and have the racers set their cars and radio there after running. This way there is no need to head back to their pits. Just come off the drivers stand hang a left put your car and radio on the table and head straight to your marshalling spot. Straight forward and no excuses....just an idea
That's a good idea.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Ding, Ding, Ding..............we got a winner right here.

Also, next race should be bring the cars and be ready to go on the drivers stand at the 1:00 minute mark. In big races, there are sometime a class and a half waiting to get on the drivers stand to get their preferred spot.

Varek, you crack me up.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.