Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Thanks again everyone, another great time! I'm really loving 2wd buggy and while I'm thinking about it, lets talk classes. How many people out there would be interested in a 2wd class that's more spec than mod? 17.5 without boost or 13.5 without?
I'd be all over a 2wd spec to get my feet wet in the class. I'd prefer 13.5 without boost personally mostly because I own two of them and no 17.5, but either way I'd be in for sure.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mHOUPS View Post
The Nightro Challigne will be of the chin dewd!
hahahahahahaha
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT View Post
I might be wrong, but I think you can text a sign up in to Kenny?
Kenny should verify before everyone starts blowing up his phone and maxing out his text limit (if he has one) e-mail (or text) is just a suggestion at this point. This would only enable him to get some entries into the computer early (if thats even feasible for him)
Old 07-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bizkt Racing View Post
some one tell me why NC is going to be at FF and not the pit for?????????
FF is to small for a big event like that that track has to grow some. not saying any thing bad about it i like it but just needs to get bigger. inform me on this one guys. i know i havnt been around a few months but comon ppl work with me lol. pm me why
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DAD View Post
Anyway to e-mail signups in or set up an online signup? I know collecting the $$ could be chalenging. Just a thought?
Yeah he's looking into something like that.

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
70+ racers on a Thursday! What a wonderful problem to have lol!
True Dat
Old 07-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know if there's going to be a Unimog class in the Nitro Challenge?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=TAM58457
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Spec Class

Thanks again everyone, another great time! I'm really loving 2wd buggy and while I'm thinking about it, lets talk classes. How many people out there would be interested in a 2wd class that's more spec than mod? 17.5 without boost or 13.5 without?

Kenny, Sabrina and I would love a 13.5 with no boost class. We can also buy 17.5 if needed, but we already own 13.5's.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msciarrotta View Post
Casey. That is EXACTLY how I drive. And when it comes down to it I know I can pull at least 2 more teeth on the pinion in a long main. Its also a nice 'push to pass button'. I think the problem is most people have not had to deal with 4cell sces a 16triple and 8minutes in a tiny car.

I'd suggest that the best thing is to start with the 3/4ths of the the straight top speed rule for gearing. My guess is most people will be 1-2 two teeth less with almost identical lap times.
Good point! and yes 12x5 was my motor of choice charging at 5 - 1 - 5 to get that extra run time my I don't miss that!

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Why not the 14mm? I'm down to a 12t pinion with my 12mm 4.5 and came off the track last night at 180. Zero drag, zero minimum, and 50% brake.
Originally Posted by nta01 View Post
Hi Casey,
Thanks for the reply. I thought the Novak Truhe Edition with the 14mm rotor was specifically made to handle the Losi's weight?

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
Are you running this setup in the Phoenix heat?
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
No Tucson heat Lmfao
My bad, 14mm it is. I believe the 540 torque rotor is 12.3 oops sorry guys. It has been a loooong time since I have taken that motor appart. (I guess that is a good thing). 180 is not too bad. I ran the 12mm 180-200 all summer. The 550's seem to run quite a bit hotter.
But yes Pheonix heat, Tucson heat, what ever.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Good point! and yes 12x5 was my motor of choice charging at 5 - 1 - 5 to get that extra run time my I don't miss that!

My bad, 14mm it is. I believe the 540 torque rotor is 12.3 oops sorry guys. It has been a loooong time since I have taken that motor appart. (I guess that is a good thing). 180 is not too bad. I ran the 12mm 180-200 all summer. The 550's seem to run quite a bit hotter.
But yes Pheonix heat, Tucson heat, what ever.
The torque rotor for the 540's is a 13mm, haha. I can see you spend more time driving than wrenching, lol. Which is what we all should do.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
The torque rotor for the 540's is a 13mm, haha. I can see you spend more time driving than wrenching, lol. Which is what we all should do.
Normally that wouldn't be the case. But in the last 6 months, unfortunately I would say you are right!

Quality wrench time is important for sure. But there is definately no substitute for wheel time
Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Wow, Fear Farm is doin' work!! I can't wait to race out there!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nta01 View Post
Unfortunately, I can't do Thursday anymore. FF is getting too popular. Got to go to work in the morning.
Old Sucker

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
im about there too im going to try again, but getting out at 12 or after is taking its tole especially with a 45 min drive home on top of the release time. But its a GREAT thing its that busy during the week
Candy a$$

Well alright i just moved up two positions in the main!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supergenius View Post
Anyone know if there's going to be a Unimog class in the Nitro Challenge?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=TAM58457
Sign me up!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

So I've been making a running list of all these suggestions and believe me I appreciate them! Here are some thoughts..

Registration: I've been burning the candle at both ends by working till 6PM and then firing out to fear farm on Thursdays. When I get stuck at work, it's impossible to get races going at 7PM, even with Dale or Alyssa writing down entries. Starting possibly this Thursday I will have someone dedicated to entering entries into the computer before I get to the track, that way I can show up and have races running 10 minutes later. I've spoken to 4 people that all would like to help with the process and the training starts Thursday! In addition, at some point I need to end signups and print out heats so starting August 1st I'll be implementing the following process:

15 minutes before racing is scheduled to start, I will assemble the heats and post them. Once races start I will then enter the remaining entries and add them to the race program. This is still not a great scenario because with additional entries I might need to add heats, so still the best option is to text, email, or call me with your entries. Just send the following info to... [email protected] or 6024183846.

Name
Class

That's it, just your name and what class you want to run. We'll take care of everything else when you get to the track.

2wd Buggy: If entries continue to maintain for the next week or so, plan on seeing a stock/spec class. This thursday I would like to drive a car with 17.5 no boost and 13.5 no boost to feel the power difference for myself. Hint (Start thinking about a 17.5 for kbrl..

Question: with 10 on the drivers stand and on the track, is there much room up there? If I could run a class or two with 11 or 12 on a Thursday night that would save 25 minutes.

Also.... Looks like Fear Farm is going to buy more house transponders, that will help the program as well!!

Bottom line, I haven't been happy with one race from start to finish, so look for us to keep working on things!

Thanks everyone and hope you have a good week.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
So I've been making a running list of all these suggestions and believe me I appreciate them! Here are some thoughts..

Registration: I've been burning the candle at both ends by working till 6PM and then firing out to fear farm on Thursdays. When I get stuck at work, it's impossible to get races going at 7PM, even with Dale or Alyssa writing down entries. Starting possibly this Thursday I will have someone dedicated to entering entries into the computer before I get to the track, that way I can show up and have races running 10 minutes later. I've spoken to 4 people that all would like to help with the process and the training starts Thursday! In addition, at some point I need to end signups and print out heats so starting August 1st I'll be implementing the following process:

15 minutes before racing is scheduled to start, I will assemble the heats and post them. Once races start I will then enter the remaining entries and add them to the race program. This is still not a great scenario because with additional entries I might need to add heats, so still the best option is to text, email, or call me with your entries. Just send the following info to... [email protected] or 6024183846.

Name
Class

That's it, just your name and what class you want to run. We'll take care of everything else when you get to the track.

2wd Buggy: If entries continue to maintain for the next week or so, plan on seeing a stock/spec class. This thursday I would like to drive a car with 17.5 no boost and 13.5 no boost to feel the power difference for myself. Hint (Start thinking about a 17.5 for kbrl..

Question: with 10 on the drivers stand and on the track, is there much room up there? If I could run a class or two with 11 or 12 on a Thursday night that would save 25 minutes.

Also.... Looks like Fear Farm is going to buy more house transponders, that will help the program as well!!

Bottom line, I haven't been happy with one race from start to finish, so look for us to keep working on things!

Thanks everyone and hope you have a good week.
ill be out with my 13.5 2wd hopefully Thursday : ) . as far as room havent paid attention, i know i havent been crowded idk about the end of the stand tho

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.