Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AZRCRACER View Post
Logistics:

Enter Fear Farm Raceway from the Southwest corner of Thomas Road and 101. There is a farm road that parallels the freeway heading south. Please drive slow to minimize dust. Take road until you pass the shade canopy, you will find a graded drive heading to the NW. Take this and park just west of the 1/10 scale track.

I am not sure what the schedule is for open practice. Keep checking in here for updates.
are you there race guys???????
Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

There are a couple of options for entering the track area...really depends on where you are coming from. I was coming from Peoria (North of track). Originally we got off at Thomas, left at the first light, then left on the dirt road in the middle of the fields (Runs perpendicular to the 101). The next time we entered, we got off at Thomas and if you make a u-turn before the light, you can see the dirt access road that runs parallel to the 101.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for coming to run in the tracks and the scoring system. It was good to see people running on them. 1/10 track got a lot of play and is very fun to run on and I can't wait to start racing on it.

1/8 is fast if you hit your marks. Also fun but very difficult. Fast time on track is 35.3 from Billy Fischer. Experts were running in the 37-39 range but most were in the 41+ range. Track grooved in nicely and the track retained water after the wind died down and the Sun was gone. Saw some different lines taken and the coolest thing was watching the race as two cars were taking each of the option sections at the same time. The Left option was chosen by most going triple/triple/single in-lieu of the right option which was the whoops having to quad in, roll, rumble and double out. But if the right side was hit right, it was faster as I saw them both go at it at the same time and both hitting there marks. Good stuff.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AZRCRACER View Post
Thanks guys for coming to run in the tracks and the scoring system. It was good to see people running on them. 1/10 track got a lot of play and is very fun to run on and I can't wait to start racing on it.

1/8 is fast if you hit your marks. Also fun but very difficult. Fast time on track is 35.3 from Billy Fischer. Experts were running in the 37-39 range but most were in the 41+ range. Track grooved in nicely and the track retained water after the wind died down and the Sun was gone. Saw some different lines taken and the coolest thing was watching the race as two cars were taking each of the option sections at the same time. The Left option was chosen by most going triple/triple/single in-lieu of the right option which was the whoops having to quad in, roll, rumble and double out. But if the right side was hit right, it was faster as I saw them both go at it at the same time and both hitting there marks. Good stuff.

Both tracks are amazing. My Ve8 loved the 1/8th track. Only issue I need to take care of is getting sucked into the pipe on the little back straight lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race

So when is the first real race not test race???????????
Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spoold97 View Post
Both tracks are amazing. My Ve8 loved the 1/8th track. Only issue I need to take care of is getting sucked into the pipe on the little back straight lol.
I was getting sucked into that pipe also on Friday night. Right side wheels have lots of black scuffs now.

ben
Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default when

When does racing start out there?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default schedule

What exactly are the days and times when they are open for practice and racing? Went on friday.. place is sick.. Can't wait to go again.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I was getting sucked into that pipe also on Friday night. Right side wheels have lots of black scuffs now.

ben
FYI for FearFarm staff, back straight could use some pipes down where hay bays are, to keep from sucking cars into the hay bails, pipes will deflect cars, better than hay bails.This is just from my experience from racing last Saturday nite. It was lots of fun, can't wait for another race out there.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

what time racing sat
Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hontrx265r View Post
What exactly are the days and times when they are open for practice and racing? Went on friday.. place is sick.. Can't wait to go again.
Yes, I'd also like to know if there is any more scheduled "track break-in time" scheduled that we could "volunteer" to help with.

I had a good time checking things out Friday night and talking a bit with Bobby. I even ran my Slash a little around the track and got it real good and muddy (I still have to vacuum out the back of the car before the wife sees it... ). It was a good time and the tracks both look great and the 1/10th drove great for me. The 1/8th looks scary as heck! (I might just have to get me one of them things! ).

Now, none of us want to interrupt you all and keep you from finishing, but we'd be happy to volunteer to "break-in" the tracks whenever you need it!

-jake

Last edited by jaket; 05-25-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spellling..
Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for coming out and racing and practicing on our tracks this past weekend. We are working out the details on racing at Fear Farm RC and hope to roll it out soon.

In the meantime, the track will be open for practice Friday and Saturday 5:00 - 10:00 PM.

Thank you,
FFRC
Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Old 05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Sweet! I'll be seeing you out there!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default practice

I'm already jones'n for some more.. How about wed night? haha.. I thought the pit used to do mid week practice but I think it fell off. I'd love to get some mid week track time in. Working friday's and saturday's late kinda kills it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.