FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

money
Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

So, racing is still up in the air for this Thursday?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Accessibility is the difference

I had the chance to spend Friday morning at Fear Farm. I met Dale; just a real nice guy. Everyone I have met at Fear Farm has been top notch. Even though the track is not perfect, it's the accessiblity to the track that is the difference for me. I'd rather have a dry and rutted up track than no track at all to drive on. I have family obligation in the afternoons and evenings so being able to get to a track in the morning is the greatest benefit of Fear Farm. Fear Farm is a 40 minute drive for me which I happily do b/c of the morning hours availability. Whereas the other track I practice at, which is much closer, doesn't open till 1pm and gets watered every 20mins and you spend more time waiting around than driving.

Thanks Fear Farm and all those involved for a great place and accessibility to the track!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

We are working on additional lighting before scheduling Thursday Club races. I'll let you know here and post on the website as soon as I know we're ready for Thursday night racing.

Thanks, glad you're keeping Dale company. I'm beginning to wonder if he lives inside the drivers stand.

Kenny
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

I guess I'm confused. If it works for Saturday night racing, why doesn't it work for Thursday night racing?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Sorry for the confusion. The electric track is very dark with only a couple lights pointed that direction, from the timing tower. On Saturday we had to use a portable light tower to help light the track. The owners pay a rental company for hours used on the light towers, so I don't want to continue with that additional cost.

I love your enthusiasm!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Gotcha, that makes sense. Well, I'm gonna try my hardest to get out there for racing on Saturday then. And if I do make it, I'll bring that Slash for you.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Sorry for the confusion. The electric track is very dark with only a couple lights pointed that direction, from the timing tower. On Saturday we had to use a portable light tower to help light the track. The owners pay a rental company for hours used on the light towers, so I don't want to continue with that additional cost.

I love your enthusiasm!
If you need help with the electrical hollar at me. I am available in the evenings
Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Appreciate that Brian. Available in the evenings? Is that code for, it's hot during the day? lol

Thanks, I've got your number.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Appreciate that Brian. Available in the evenings? Is that code for, it's hot during the day? lol

Thanks, I've got your number.
LOL. cant wait to come back out to FF. be out to the pit n 2 weeks and then ill start coming out. i do have a question, are they doing a track change any time soon jw ?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
LOL. cant wait to come back out to FF. be out to the pit n 2 weeks and then ill start coming out. i do have a question, are they doing a track change any time soon jw ?
LOL! You and track changes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mHOUPS View Post
LOL! You and track changes
huh
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Electrical and lighting has been the focus for the past several weeks Doug. We will be putting in new layouts on all tracks as soon as we can. We're actually moving dirt on the short course track and there's an outside chance the electric track will be altered this week. CJ and Dale will be out there Thursday and Friday. The 1/8 track will be next for some love but first we need to get additional light up. If you've been past the place lately you will see about 10 dump truck loads of dirt on the nitro track. We have ideas on how to get more elevation change, it just takes time and equipment.

Now if you're Dad is the one that wants a new layout, I'll have it done in 11 days... LOL
Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Is quicksrc the official track still? I was told a few weekas ago when i was there for the kbrl race they werent anymore that another shop got it. Can anybody verify this?. Also new here jus signed on to keep up with the phx racing, have some nice tracks down here
Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Electrical and lighting has been the focus for the past several weeks Doug. We will be putting in new layouts on all tracks as soon as we can. We're actually moving dirt on the short course track and there's an outside chance the electric track will be altered this week. CJ and Dale will be out there Thursday and Friday. The 1/8 track will be next for some love but first we need to get additional light up. If you've been past the place lately you will see about 10 dump truck loads of dirt on the nitro track. We have ideas on how to get more elevation change, it just takes time and equipment.

Now if you're Dad is the one that wants a new layout, I'll have it done in 11 days... LOL
LOL yea it was him

i did see the loads of dirt i was wondering what it was for. the thing that has kept us away from FF is they havnt had a consistent schedule. but now that you have taken over and a schedule is out we'll start coming out on a consistent basis . thanks kenny

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.