Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Giving you a heads up that I'll post results tomorrow. Thanks everyone for racing today, it was fun hitting the track!

We will be club racing on Thursday Nights through the summer. I'll let you know if this Thursday will be the first one or if it will be the next week. Maybe a practice night this week to check out the lights!!

Happy Sunday
Well ****, that was easy.

Last edited by Jaz240; 05-22-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: language
Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Well ****, that was easy.
Please watch your language. There are a lot of kids that are on this forum and we dont need this.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Giving you a heads up that I'll post results tomorrow. Thanks everyone for racing today, it was fun hitting the track!

We will be club racing on Thursday Nights through the summer. I'll let you know if this Thursday will be the first one or if it will be the next week. Maybe a practice night this week to check out the lights!!

Happy Sunday
So there no weekend racing then ??
Old 05-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
So there no weekend racing then ??
Yes, Thursday and Saturday nights for 1/8 and 1/10 racing. They've put a lot of work into getting this facility up to par recently. The lights are half way done and they've put electrical in for the 5 large rows of pit tables. They still have a long way to go but when you go by there you can see that they're not messing around anymore. Glad to see Kenny so involved as well.

Looking forward to a great summer of racing!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Sounds great Thursday night under the lights will be fun for sho..
Old 05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Good news I've been wanting race at ff can't wait for all the upgrades to be done

Originally Posted by FearFarmRacer View Post
Yes, Thursday and Saturday nights for 1/8 and 1/10 racing. They've put a lot of work into getting this facility up to par recently. The lights are half way done and they've put electrical in for the 5 large rows of pit tables. They still have a long way to go but when you go by there you can see that they're not messing around anymore. Glad to see Kenny so involved as well.

Looking forward to a great summer of racing!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

oh i'm so down!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

I can't race Thursdays
Old 05-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No Thursday's for me either but looking forward to Sarurday nights opposite NP!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

X2

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
No Thursday's for me either but looking forward to Sarurday nights opposite NP!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

X3

Good time Saturday racing flashlights with everyone in Pro2/4. I figured out the receiver in my truggy broke a capacitor's leads, so I should be racing with 1/8 open truck guys again soon. It's painful watching a race you want to be in. I found a supplier for the exact capacitor and it's on the way here.

I had problems with the SC10RTR brushless, too. Need some help on this one since I have very little brushless/ESC knowledge. Up till now, I charge the battery, clean the tires, and race. The problem now is that it will run for a while, then the motor stops. I still have steering control, but it's almost like it's at low-voltage cutoff, but then it takes off again at top speed for a while, then does it again. I fought this for the last 2-3 mins of the main. I kept pulling the trigger quickly and it would take off again. Anyone remember Mike Tyson's Punchout for Nintendo when you got knocked down? Yea, it was that annoying. It seems to happen with both lipo batteries, and the power comes back to full speed again every time, so I don't think it's the battery. The ESC fins don't seem really hot, but the motor does get hot. I temp'd it at about 175 when I got back to the pits, after sitting for a couple minutes. I have no idea what's normal for these, so this might be it? Also, I have done zero maintenance on the motor. Am I supposed to remove it and open it up to clean it or just run it till it melts?

Thanks in advance
Travis
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AZTman View Post

The ESC fins don't seem really hot, but the motor does get hot. I temp'd it at about 175 when I got back to the pits, after sitting for a couple minutes. I have no idea what's normal for these, so this might be it? Also, I have done zero maintenance on the motor. Am I supposed to remove it and open it up to clean it or just run it till it melts?

Thanks in advance
Travis
What motor / esc combo do you have? I'm assuming stock, and they're all about the same as far as temps go. So, if your esc is cool and your motor is hot, then you are over-geared. If it's how it came out of the box, then there is likely drag in the drive-train. Either binding axle or motor bearings, maybe to tight of gear mesh. ...possible worn out slipper, but unlikely.

With your motor at 175 after sitting for a couple minutes? Your motor was going in to thermal shut down. Motors start to demagnetize at 200 degrees. Your esc shuts it down to prevent a melt-down. Next time you're at the track bring it to Mark from AZ Hobbies, or in the store on 91st ave and Thomas and he'll get you going.

For maintenance, keep your motor under 200, esc under 180, and your bearings clean & oiled. Most motors have rebuild kits for 20-50 bucks.

...if all else fails, strap multiple stages of model rocket engines to it and enter the open class.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

The motor needs to be cleaned every now and then, check.
Back when I bought it I geared up from 18t to 22t to smooth out the bottom end and get higher top end at TNP, so maybe too high for 10th scale layout at FearFarm? I'll check mesh, bearings and overall drivetrain drag.

Thanks, got some work to do.
T
Old 05-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supergenius View Post
What motor / esc combo do you have? I'm assuming stock, and they're all about the same as far as temps go. So, if your esc is cool and your motor is hot, then you are over-geared. If it's how it came out of the box, then there is likely drag in the drive-train. Either binding axle or motor bearings, maybe to tight of gear mesh. ...possible worn out slipper, but unlikely.

With your motor at 175 after sitting for a couple minutes? Your motor was going in to thermal shut down. Motors start to demagnetize at 200 degrees. Your esc shuts it down to prevent a melt-down. Next time you're at the track bring it to Mark from AZ Hobbies, or in the store on 91st ave and Thomas and he'll get you going.

For maintenance, keep your motor under 200, esc under 180, and your bearings clean & oiled. Most motors have rebuild kits for 20-50 bucks.

...if all else fails, strap multiple stages of model rocket engines to it and enter the open class.
As far as I know, most esc's have no idea what the motor temp is. Esc's will go into a limp mode of sorts because of their own temps.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FearFarmRacer View Post
Yes, Thursday and Saturday nights for 1/8 and 1/10 racing.
Whens the first Thursday night race? Great idea

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.