Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 04-24-2011, 02:34 PM
  #2071  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,749
Default

Round 2
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R2_Race_01_Open 1-8 Truck.pdf (26.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf
R2_Race_02_Open 1-8 Buggy.pdf (29.9 KB, 621 views)
File Type: pdf
R2_Race_03_Pro 2.pdf (27.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf
R2_Race_04_Pro 2.pdf (27.2 KB, 86 views)
Dbackmasta is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM
  #2072  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,749
Default

Mains..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_02_Pro 2_B-Main.pdf (24.2 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_04_Pro 2_A-Main.pdf (28.6 KB, 118 views)
Dbackmasta is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 05:07 PM
  #2073  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Had a pretty good time out there, and thanks to Kenny and Roy for calling a good clean race, is this the normal schedule for FF racing every other weekend?
Thanks again to to the FF crew
akiyama77 is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
  #2074  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,749
Default

Electric every week and nitro opposite the nitro pit.
Dbackmasta is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
  #2075  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
diamondracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Collecting CuKoo Clocks
Posts: 624
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Electric every week and nitro opposite the nitro pit.
Kenny give me a call
diamondracing is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
  #2076  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tires

What is the most popular tire for our arizona desert surface. Brand, model, and compound for 1/8 buggy. I'm running the super soft aka's enduro's they grip well but I've been out twice and they are already murdered. Thinking I need to go to like caliber m2?
hontrx265r is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
  #2077  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
CRFXXXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hontrx265r View Post
What is the most popular tire for our arizona desert surface. Brand, model, and compound for 1/8 buggy. I'm running the super soft aka's enduro's they grip well but I've been out twice and they are already murdered. Thinking I need to go to like caliber m2?
If the track is dry you cant go wrong with an M2 (Proline), Medium (AKA), or Red (Losi) compound tire. Im sure Jconcepts has something close to the others, but ive never ran a Jconcepts tire so I have no idea what compound would be right for dry track.

I personally like an Aka medium city block when it is dry, but I know some guys that hate them...

When its wet it will most likely be M3, soft or super soft, or green. Tread pattern varies from track to track and condition of the track.

Dave
CRFXXXT is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 02:24 PM
  #2078  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
CRFXXXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)
Default

Question for anyone in the know.

When I was there this past weekend I noticed only 2 poles in at the 8 scale track (one on each end of the current layout). Are there going to be any lights on the back straight, or front straight or should the side lights be bright enough?

Better to get it right the first time rather than go back and have to dig something up to put another light or so in later.

Thanks
Dave
CRFXXXT is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
  #2079  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT View Post
Question for anyone in the know.

When I was there this past weekend I noticed only 2 poles in at the 8 scale track (one on each end of the current layout). Are there going to be any lights on the back straight, or front straight or should the side lights be bright enough?

Better to get it right the first time rather than go back and have to dig something up to put another light or so in later.

Thanks
Dave
My understanding is that they are planning to mount lights on the 1/8th track driver's stand also - Giving three points of light, with none of them facing the driver's stand directly.

-jlt
jaket is offline  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 PM
  #2080  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mHOUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Electric every week and nitro opposite the nitro pit.
Are you guys racing this weekend?
mHOUPS is offline  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 AM
  #2081  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
nadan805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHX
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone run E-Truggy out there? I've been to the track twice but, didn't spot any.. I know its not a popular class.
nadan805 is offline  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 AM
  #2082  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nadan805 View Post
Does anyone run E-Truggy out there? I've been to the track twice but, didn't spot any.. I know its not a popular class.
I have one that I'd like to race, but battery changes are a real hassle during the race, and it makes nearly impossible to be competitive against the nitros. There has never been enough to have a dedicated e-truggy class.

ben
armourbl is offline  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:21 PM
  #2083  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
nadan805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PHX
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
I have one that I'd like to race, but battery changes are a real hassle during the race, and it makes nearly impossible to be competitive against the nitros. There has never been enough to have a dedicated e-truggy class.

ben
Thanks Ben. I am almost finished setting up my truck. Hope to bring it out for some practice this or next sat. This is my first 8th scale and I need to get used to the feel of it. I don't really have time to get into racing but, it will be fun to take it to FF once in a while. This thing is a handful on 5s! I had to turn my EPA way down, but man is it fun.
nadan805 is offline  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
  #2084  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,749
Default

I'm pretty sure I'll be out there for noon racing, electric track only. Might race tnp at night, we'll see.
Dbackmasta is offline  
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 PM
  #2085  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Rubbins_Racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florence, AZ
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be out there for noon racing, electric track only. Might race tnp at night, we'll see.
Awesome! Will be good to see you out there racing again!
Rubbins_Racin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.