Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 AM
  #2011  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 109
Default

I agree with Steveo. The layout on the 10th scale track has NEVER been redone. I think some love for the 10th scalers would be awesome i.e. new layout.
Steve
SHunt is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 AM
  #2012  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Not true. I think it was being run in the opposite direction at first.
CHIZZLE is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 PM
  #2013  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Posts: 81
Default

Originally Posted by nadan805 View Post
Does FF have a good lighting system for the summer time?
We dug the holes for the light poles Sunday. The lights will be up soon.
supergenius is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
  #2014  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Posts: 81
Default

Originally Posted by fullpull View Post
How about the 10th track? Any plans on a rebuild? or change?

Steve
It's happening sooner than you think. Give it a few weeks.
supergenius is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
  #2015  
Tech Adept
 
JKrc717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by supergenius View Post
It's happening sooner than you think. Give it a few weeks.
Looking forward to it! It would be great to get some 1/10 racing going...
JKrc717 is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
  #2016  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I was planning on heading to Fear Farm tomorrow for some practice. Is it not worth the drive for 1/10 sc? It sounds like the track needs some work. I've never been there before so any info would be helpful.
mulepic is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
  #2017  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Posts: 81
Default

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I was planning on heading to Fear Farm tomorrow for some practice. Is it not worth the drive for 1/10 sc? It sounds like the track needs some work. I've never been there before so any info would be helpful.
The 1/10th track is AWESOME the first time you run it! It's worth the drive, especially since you'll be one of the last to drive on the old layout. People who are complaining have been driving the same layout for a year. It's in good shape, just time for something new.
supergenius is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
  #2018  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Buzz65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 290
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Is there open practice on normal weekdays? If so,what are the hours/cost?
Buzz65 is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
  #2019  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I called, they said it's not really open i.e. not watered and no electicity but you can stop at the building nearby and pay $10 to play. They are there as early as 9am.

If I bring 200' of extension cord, is there an outlet anywhere nearby?
mulepic is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
  #2020  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Not true. I think it was being run in the opposite direction at first.
LOL I stand corrected...Good one!
Steve
SHunt is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM
  #2021  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fullpull View Post
Hey whats up buddy? Do you have any idea when FF is going to night time practice and racing? How about the 10th track? Any plans on a rebuild? or change?

Should I sell my gear and get a 5th scaler?

Sorry for the questions, seems your the guy keeping the public up todate on FF's tracks not CJ or Mr. Kenny B and just frustrated that we can't get things changed up for us 10th guys.I'm on the verg of selling my truck and sticking to rock crawling again thanks to FF

Thanks for you'r time,sorry for the

Steve
Poles for lights are being worked on this week by Dale. This is the first step to getting lights up.

We are working on a rework for the 1/10th track that should happen relatively soon and the 1/5th track should also appear before long.

For the 1/10th scale track - that should happen sooner rather than later. There's planning going on for getting equipment, the layout planned and then organizing times with the volunteers to work on the track...

This is also along with the work on the 1/5th track that is also being planned now. The fence surrounding the oval has been taken down so it'll be ready to work on whenever they're ready.

I hope that helps!
-jake
jaket is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
  #2022  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
If I bring 200' of extension cord, is there an outlet anywhere nearby?
Not on weekdays, no. You'll have to charge off your car battery.

-jlt
jaket is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
  #2023  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jaket View Post
I hope that helps!-jake
Sure does man....that's all this FAT girl wanted to hear....pretty sure the rest of the FF fan's to.

Thanks for the update and look forward to getting out there and helping wherever its needed on the tracks. Keep us posted if possible as to when the track leads are planing to work, I should be able to get out this weekend if work is scheduled to get done I can make time to help out.

@ Mulepic....the dirt out there is tit's... and the track is fun,when its wet. No water is fun if you have some old tires to run on it and don't mind blasting the track apart. I hope they don't let the new track get blown out like this one gets it now. They should really keep it wet or allow us to water it even on practice days/nights for 10bucks IMO. I'm sure there are some good things in the works like this in the near future.

Steve
fullpull is offline  
Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
  #2024  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jaket View Post
Poles for lights are being worked on this week by Dale. This is the first step to getting lights up.

We are working on a rework for the 1/10th track that should happen relatively soon and the 1/5th track should also appear before long.

For the 1/10th scale track - that should happen sooner rather than later. There's planning going on for getting equipment, the layout planned and then organizing times with the volunteers to work on the track...

This is also along with the work on the 1/5th track that is also being planned now. The fence surrounding the oval has been taken down so it'll be ready to work on whenever they're ready.

I hope that helps!
-jake
Nice. Thank you for keeping us informed!
CHIZZLE is offline  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
  #2025  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by supergenius View Post
The 1/10th track is AWESOME the first time you run it! It's worth the drive, especially since you'll be one of the last to drive on the old layout. People who are complaining have been driving the same layout for a year. It's in good shape, just time for something new.

5hrs and 9 packs later, I'm gald I went to Fear Farm! Yeah, I suck, it took 5hrs to get through 9 packs. I stopped a lot to change my setup but most of my time was spent walking up and down the driver's stand

It's a great spot and definitely worth the extra drive if you can spend some time there. The track is particularly friendly to SC's but I struggled w/ the double/double when the wind picked up. Who am I kidding? I struggled w/ it even w/ no wind.

I hope to be back soon. Maybe next time I'll be daring enough to try that 1/8th track, that thing is nuts.

Oh and I met Jake. Just a nice guy and full of info.
mulepic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.