Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gitsum
2wd tire wise I ran DD all around and Jconcept reen ribbed fronts with holeshot rears and both were very good on the buggy.
Neither of which will be legal in the 13.5SC class. Can anyone give some feedback on Enduros or Subcultures? How about Calibers or Bowfighters?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
Neither of which will be legal in the 13.5SC class. Can anyone give some feedback on Enduros or Subcultures? How about Calibers or Bowfighters?
For short course, Calibers and Enduros are the most popular for those running out there on a regular basis. The new Bowfighters I've seen used successfully also. Probably any of that "big-blocky" style should be good. I've had the best success with Bowties up front for steering, and a couple others do the same thing also with the Calibers/Enduros on the back, fwiw...

-jake
Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaket
For short course, Calibers and Enduros are the most popular for those running out there on a regular basis. The new Bowfighters I've seen used successfully also. Probably any of that "big-blocky" style should be good. I've had the best success with Bowties up front for steering, and a couple others do the same thing also with the Calibers/Enduros on the back, fwiw...

-jake
I like the enduros on the back as that is what I have been running. I dont think you can go wrong running them as they are a great all around tire. Kenny will have to clarify but I thought it was no small pin tires so sub-cultures are out. Just my .02

At least that is for 13.5 SC for KBRL.

Last edited by Rubbins_Racin; 10-27-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rubbins_Racin
Kenny will have to clarify but I thought it was no small pin tires so sub-cultures are out. Just my .02

At least that is for 13.5 SC for KBRL.
The Subculture is mid-size pin like Caliber and was "approved" as I recall. Its the Double Dee's from J-Concepts that aren't allowed.

Enduros have to be the most versatile tire out there.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pro-Lite Class

Tires manufactured for Short Course only and cannot run the following tires:
Proline - Suburbs, Holeshots
J-Concepts - Double Dees, Barcodes
AKA - Wishbones, Gridirons
Hotbodies - Megabites, Beams
Panther - Switch 2.0
Old 10-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
Both Fear Farm tracks have a ton of clay in them, which results in a ton of traction. So you'll see people running a lot of different tires because almost everything works. So whatever you prefer at SRS will work just fine at Fear Farm.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rod, every tire works there like Trevor said. I ran worn out goosebumps last friday and they had almost too much traction.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Very cool, I'll have something in the box that will work.

Thanks for the reply's!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

DIRT OVAL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

KBRL was my first visit to Fear Farm and I really enjoyed the layout. Track design and build was top notch.

I think the next layout should be just a tad farther from the drivers stand, losing view of my car twice on the fastest part of the track was a bit unsettling. (I know, I'm old and my brain is slow)

Also, I understand it was the first big race so there was plenty to learn about the surface as the day went on. I personally struggled with the wet then dry all in the same heat. Once the sun went down I saw what everyone was talking about... Great traction.

I think for a big event during the daytime you should consider running it dry, it was showing a groove almost instantly when it dried out.

I'll be back for sure.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Need Water

Is there going to be water on the 1/8 track Friday night, Theres going to be a hand full of guys coming out.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Friday night practice sounds like a good idea, will the 1/8 track BE open to practice? Water would be nice too.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Friday night practice sounds like a good idea, will the 1/8 track BE open to practice? Water would be nice too.
I dont want to speak for FF crew but the 1/8 was open for practice last friday so if I had to guess I would say that it will be open tmrw.

BTW, WHO is in charge of FF?? Is there ONE person that could be in charge of the schedule and answering questions

I notice that most questions go un-answered or answered as I did above; by a fellow racer who IS NOT involved with FF.

Not trying to cause any issues, I just think that there should be a voice for FF

and if there already is someone that has been designated PLEASE feel free to tell me as I missed it. Thanks, Roy
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's up Ro? This is Veno, "The Old Man" are you or Vareck headed out friday?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aznitronut
What's up Ro? This is Veno, "The Old Man" are you or Vareck headed out friday?
Sup Veno, I will not be out tmrw. I am going to ET and Vereck is in Tucson already and as far as I know he will be racing at CV Saturday.
It sounds like there will be a pretty good crew out practicing tmrw though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.