Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Paddock's Short Course   Goodyear AZ >

Paddock's Short Course Goodyear AZ

Paddock's Short Course Goodyear AZ

Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Will! Were you throwing people off the drivers stand?
So this is normal and funny to the regulars???
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Will! Were you throwing people off the drivers stand?
..or was he using his expensive hammer again?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

For you guys that know me very well im glad you understand my frustration and for the ones that dont im sorry you dont know me very well.... you guys all see both sides of me at the races .... i am one of the best guys out there and i help everyone out no matter who they are... yes i have a temper and no its no anger management can not fix that.... i spoke to Mike when i left yesterday and i have decided to retire from racing for a while .... i will still come to races and see whats happening and my son will still race and its not fare to him that because i stop he needs to. I will still attend Big races like i have in the past but i think club racing is not going to happen for me anymore ... For all of you i afended im sorry and for the guy i yelled at im sorry !!!! Please dont come back to Paddocks due to me make sure you understand Paddocks is one of the best places you can come to and race I hope you make the right decision on what you do if you decide to come back or not ... anyone that feels that wanna get ahold and of me and change my mind you are more than welcome to call me or pm me or email me when ever they want to ..... for everyone that has helped me out i al want to say is thanks and GL in the rest of Paddocks series Will G
Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Will, I'm glad you are able to man up and admit your wrong doing in this situation. I really appreciate that as the guy you yelled at is one of my best friends. Even if he wasn't I wouldn't want to see anyone treated like that. I can tell you're a very helpful guy around the track. As well as a nice guy to talk to. Do what you got to do to keep this kind of stuff at bay. Because I don't think anybody, including yourself, want those kind of situations at a place where we all go to have a good time.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Will, I'm glad you are able to man up and admit your wrong doing in this situation. I really appreciate that as the guy you yelled at is one of my best friends. Even if he wasn't I wouldn't want to see anyone treated like that. I can tell you're a very helpful guy around the track. As well as a nice guy to talk to. Do what you got to do to keep this kind of stuff at bay. Because I don't think anybody, including yourself, want those kind of situations at a place where we all go to have a good time.

thanks Chance ... Btw good run in 4wd yesterday man you did great
Old 03-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
So this is normal and funny to the regulars???
Actually I was just joking with Will. I had no idea it was him that had the episode. I have raced there twice in my life so I'm not a regular, and no, behavior like that is not funny or normal. My apologies to the racers. its another one of those situations when I should have kept my mouth shut
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

wow what an exciting time it was yesterday great track prep by all the kbrl guys made for some great racing. would be a loss to all of us if Will retires he is always great help when you need it. I understand his fustration with the turn marshals but it's usally not their fault when you crash but some times they get caught up watching the racing when they should be paying attention to their area. We are all guilty of it at some time or another. I know some people take their hobby more serious than others but are we all not out there to have fun. Mike deservers thanks for putting up with all the crap and still giving us a place to run. Thanks Mike!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

I will still be out to help out others if they need it im sure because my son will still be racing .... also i know there aint no place i know of that has perfect marshalling but its always good one know when you do , you get taken care of in a timely manner but when dont it makes for bad feelings but thats the way it goes , i have had a very bad week and i think it trickled into the weekend but thats no excuse so hope everyone understands thnx Will G
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Since this has turned into an EMO thread and all....

Had a FUN/frustrated time and walked away learning a thing er two. The first one, its getting warm out there...2nd, learn to surf the pipes when you have holes that would swallow a 5th scale all over the track

On a serious note... some darn good driving out there boys and Shara, when the tracks that beat it really shows who can thread the needle. I'm still learning I guess...lol.. Talked to Mike after things wound down about track work and rebuild. Said he planed to turn it up and reshape it hopefully during this week,plan to get out there and give that old man a hand during the week when I can. track rebuild is up in the air, prob end of series if not sooner. Time will tell but it will be soon.

Will G., maybe attending a drivers meeting er two wouldn't hurt
We ALL make those turn Marshall F'UPS, like facing the truck the wrong way to holding it and running with it..Me...I've stopped that and sorry. I can honestly say your a nice guy with a short fuse when it comes to turn Marshall's. I would hate to see a guy like you make short term actions/decisions that have long term effects.

Steve
Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Some very well written and respectful posts put up here. I think we all look forward to having happy Will hanging out in the pits.

I have some days off this week so keep us informed when the shovels are coming out. As for a track rebuild I'm in for that as well, the sooner the better starting to heat up out there.

Tim
Old 03-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'd love to help with a rebuild and/or maintenance but I'm heading out of town for work on wed for a week. Maybe if there is still stuff going on next week I will help out.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

First I would like to appologize for what happened yesterday, it was most unfortunate. Will is a good guy and I commend him for stepping up and appologizing. This was not a normal occurance out here and when it does happen we dont look at it as funny. at this point I think enough has been said.
As for the track conditions this was planned ahead of time to show people what a rough track is like to race on that are new to the hobby or havnt raced a track where it can chage som much during a day of racing. That why we gave double points for this race.
We have until March 27 for the next race and will be resurfacing the track before then. I have to put a new motor on my tiller and I will be ready to go. I should have the motor mounted and ready in the next couple days. We will be doing a whole new track after the series is over. The rained out race will be held April 3 which will also be the finals. The new track build will be around April 15, if you want to design a track please see me at the track for dimensions as we like them to be as close to scale so when we build it is alot easier.
We will start having drivers meetings before all races, so we can cover issues such as how to marshall for new people, proper transponder mounting,and any other issues that thre racers may have. Hopefully this will help thing go even more smoothly. Any one having any questions can contact me any time by phone, email or on the forum.
Mike
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I look foreward to the next race. Overall I had a great time out there. It was my first time ever racing. I realize now that turn marshaling is part of racing. Thanks for the cool race track Mike.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullpull
Since this has turned into an EMO thread and all....

Had a FUN/frustrated time and walked away learning a thing er two. The first one, its getting warm out there...2nd, learn to surf the pipes when you have holes that would swallow a 5th scale all over the track

On a serious note... some darn good driving out there boys and Shara, when the tracks that beat it really shows who can thread the needle. I'm still learning I guess...lol.. Talked to Mike after things wound down about track work and rebuild. Said he planed to turn it up and reshape it hopefully during this week,plan to get out there and give that old man a hand during the week when I can. track rebuild is up in the air, prob end of series if not sooner. Time will tell but it will be soon.

Will G., maybe attending a drivers meeting er two wouldn't hurt
We ALL make those turn Marshall F'UPS, like facing the truck the wrong way to holding it and running with it..Me...I've stopped that and sorry. I can honestly say your a nice guy with a short fuse when it comes to turn Marshall's. I would hate to see a guy like you make short term actions/decisions that have long term effects.

Steve
Very nice the way you put that steven.That call name is very fitting for you..........
Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know who you are....only one...now make that two.... people that call me by Steven....:lol

Whats up buddy, thanks again for the lill tuning on my truck, now all I need is some good lessons on how to drive rubber side down

Steve

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 1.64 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.