Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 02-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Even if they did change their race day they are not going to draw many racers from Gilbert.....for other reasons I won't get into now.
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
If SRS really wanted to kick-off their on-road track with a bang they wouldn't have their current schedule. Competing with a long established track by racing on Saturday was far from the best choice.
So which is it?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZJP
I dont have a dog in this fight as I'm on my way out of the hobby, but I will say this;

Hobbytown Gilbert SUCKS. The kids they have working there are clueless MORONS. There is ONE kid who works there who races offroad who I will say is alright, I believe his name is Alex, but the rest of them are complete idiots--when it comes to r/c related stuff anyway. Totally clueless and unwilling to help or help themselves.

Racing around a few dots in a parking lot SUCKS. If someone built a serious on road track near HTG, they would lose the majority of their "loyal customers".

Flat out, HTG SUCKS. You can cheer them on all you want, like i said, I dont have a dog in this fight, just stating my experience.

Also, I didn't even think twice about skipping over HTG when the new on road track came in at SRS and I bought an onroad vehicle as was planning on driving 60 miles to SRS vs the 25 to HTG, thats how much better SRS and their track is.

Carry on.
at-ease there soldier.

Nobody was talking about the staff....but since you brought it up let me tell you that the only staff person to talk to me at SRS, without me first talking, was the young girl behind the counter, everyone else could have cared less that I was even there....including the guy that took my $12.

At least I get a greeting and small talk from the staff at HTG when I come in the door, if you approached the HTG staff with the same attitude you're projecting here your experiences may be different.... because your attitude SUCKS.

You say you don't have a dog in this fight, but your words paint a completely different picture, some may assume you own the place the way you attack anything that remotely sounds like a critical comment.

Take a chill pill and let the chips fall where they may.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think everyone forgot they are driving toy cars on concrete/dirt/asphalt/clay. You do know it is a hobby for fun who cares where what you drive go out have fun stop bashing on others.

Be thankful Dennis setup that parking lot racing and made a huge success out of it. Be thankful his son Adam turned Tucson into a success. Be thankful Adam is turning SRS into a success. Todd has continued the Parking lot racing building the on-road program to a huge turnout He doesn't bash any other tracks or racers I bet he would have loved to race there himself if it didn't conflict with his racing.

I am sure Adam will build up support for the track it will take time and will have to tweak a few things here and there.This better than a parking lot attitude will chase away any new comers to want to join you.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 02-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Oh my.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have never been to Gilbert Hobbytown but will say that I have heard they have great turnouts over there and if you keep having greaqt turn outs than they must be doing something right. We had the hobby shop with the indoor carpet track near the dear valley air port for a while and it was fun but the atmosphere changed greatly and it went to the pooper. that was a nice carpet track that had some fun racing and guess what it still FAILED. We have SRS opening on road and yes it is on the same night and will therefore cause some dispruption but they are left with who to disprupt Gilbert or W3 cause if they change off road to saturday that is on W3's schedule and some racers run at both tracks and some dont some alternate. Regaurdless someone is going to get hurt in this a little and the logical choice would be to pick the furthes from as the one to get on the same day and hope the impact is minimal to both there are enouph racers to support both it is just a matter of them getting back into the game and having a good fun place to hit up and have a good time. It will take some time but I think both will be fine.

Having fun is the key point to remember.

Last edited by jslider; 02-24-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tbamsey
I think everyone forgot they are driving toy cars on concrete/dirt/asphalt/clay. You do know it is a hobby for fun who cares where what you drive go out have fun stop bashing on others.

Be thankful Dennis setup that parking lot racing and made a huge success out of it. Be thankful his son Adam turned Tucson into a success. Be thankful Adam is turning SRS into a success. Todd has continued the Parking lot racing building the on-road program to a huge turnout He doesn't bash any other tracks or racers I bet he would have loved to race there himself if it didn't conflict with his racing.

I am sure Adam will build up support for the track it will take time and will have to tweak a few things here and there.This better than a parking lot attitude will chase away any new comers to want to join you.
Well said! I grew up racing with Dennis and he did a great job with the parking lot racing. Adam has also done a great job with Tucson and now SRS. Give them time to work out all the details.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

does anyone know if they will be building a new track for cactus?
Old 02-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I am sure there will be one. I snuck a peek at the layout that was drawn up on paper. I assume it will go in the week before and I am told Joey the Dirt will be doing it.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sir Watkins,
As stated above, yes an all new layout is the plan that I was told.
Supposedly, no one will get to run on it until the Tuesday of the week of cactus. Trying to be as fair as possible was the thought they had in mind. If that's is still the plan I don't know.
As for who's building it, I am not sure. I was thinking they'd have their usual crew build it, but if Joey of "The Dirt" is going to build that puppy, as implied above could be happening, even mo betta. Lol.

It's all good to me no matter who does what or how it's done. Gonna have a good time.

I did see that the entry cap was raised to 450 and as of a few minutes ago, total entry count thus far stood at 428. Some heavy hitters that weren't on there before. Expecting a well attended event for sure.

Top 3 classes entry wise
2wd mod buggy-77
2wd 17.5 buggy- 73
4wd mod buggy- 67

Mains are going to run deep in the alphabet. Lol.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Thats the best news I have heard all day, I'm even more Pumped, (if that is possible) sounds like there could be some late night in the making, bring it on!!

It would be fantastic if "the dirt" was to have a hand at building the track. I have always been envious of his 1/8th tracks. But to be fair, all of the cactus layouts have been epic!

See you all in just over a week!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by john watkins
Thats the best news I have heard all day, I'm even more Pumped, (if that is possible) sounds like there could be some late night in the making, bring it on!!

It would be fantastic if "the dirt" was to have a hand at building the track. I have always been envious of his 1/8th tracks. But to be fair, all of the cactus layouts have been epic!

See you all in just over a week!
Indeed Sir,
Not long now until it's time for the circus to return to town. Lol.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Yes sir, bring on the circus !
Old 02-26-2015, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
I did see that the entry cap was raised to 450 and as of a few minutes ago, total entry count thus far stood at 428. Some heavy hitters that weren't on there before. Expecting a well attended event for sure.
Well I will be ok, gonna use the same theory as high school grades "D" or better is a pass.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jslider
Well I will be ok, gonna use the same theory as high school grades "D" or better is a pass.
Yes sir,
I can see at least two classes for sure are stacked, super stacked, if all entrants show up. Probably a few other classes as well. Gonna be fun times for sure.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.