Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone thinking about spending tens of thousands of dollars to open an rc track in Arizona should be forced to read this thread first. Good god.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I understand people have certain financial situations but really, if you can afford to race... you cant afford to race. $50 for your first class at States for three days at an air-conditioned indoor facility is a screaming deal.

And if there are 400 entries, GREAT! Stock up on Red Bull.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My issue with the prices for states are not so much the price but that out of state racers get a 20% discount for the ARIZONA STATE race lol. SRS did this with their grand opening race as well i can't remember for sure but I believe out of state racers got in FREE. I just read a good article on rc driver i believe about the owner of OCRC and I think the guys at SRS should read it too. One of the things he said was that you have to be careful with big races because they don't really make you any money and you can alienate your regulars with big races. Well i rarely go to SRS (not because I hate it or anything) but I think that the discount for out of state racers is a big kick in the nuts for their regular weekly racers (all 15 of them). Another thing the article points out is that you have to cater to your racers and create a fun and friendly environment with a fun atmosphere, this is why I think w3 pulls in WAY more racers than SRS, Jim and his team do what it takes to make sure that the track is perfect and everyone feels at home. I hope things change at SRS because it is a great facility and its awesome to have a variety of tracks but unless they make some changes I don't know how they will keep the doors open with 2-4 heats on club racing nights, because big events aren't gonna do it.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

They are just trying to attact out of state drives to the new facility. 50 is a lot but i will be there anyway. Tires last forever at srs. So i save in the long run. The guys at srs are great as well.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

50 is a little high but not outragous, and I get that they are trying to get out of state racers to come but they are doing it at the expense of their local customer base which they cannot afford to do. My point was that big races are great but local club racers keep the lights on and SRS cannot afford to lose or upset even 1 of their local guys right now. And I agree SRS does have some great workers, CJ does an amazing job and Ryan is awesome. I almost went and raced there tonight but am gonna go to w3 tomorrow since I know that their will be at least 3 stock buggy heats.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

It takes alot to run a big event. thing is its not a club race so local racers should not take offense to giving out of town racers a discount..... Hopefully there will be alot of give-a-ways and a great event that makes it a great event.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lightfighter
It takes alot to run a big event. thing is its not a club race so local racers should not take offense to giving out of town racers a discount..... Hopefully there will be alot of give-a-ways and a great event that makes it a great event.
Im sure it will be a great event SRS always does good with the big events. My point again is that big events don't really make the track much money since their is so much cost involved with changing the track and paying employees for extra hours what keeps tracks open is busy local club racing nights and SRS does NOT have a good turnout at all for club racing. And yes the discounts and free racing DOES upset a lot of locals, and even if they are not actually upset they are definatly not happy about it. If you don't think that I am correct in the fact that SRS needs to do something different then compare the turnout at SRS to the turnout at w3 and that is even with SRS having a super nice high bite track that is a little bigger than w3 even.
And again I really hope they get it turned around its a great facility and we are very lucky to have 2 nice tracks. I am not posting this to just mindlessly bitch and complain but if SRS actually is reading this hopefuly they will look at whats going on and see what they have to do to fix it
Old 11-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scythe23
Im sure it will be a great event SRS always does good with the big events. My point again is that big events don't really make the track much money since their is so much cost involved with changing the track and paying employees for extra hours what keeps tracks open is busy local club racing nights and SRS does NOT have a good turnout at all for club racing. And yes the discounts and free racing DOES upset a lot of locals, and even if they are not actually upset they are definatly not happy about it. If you don't think that I am correct in the fact that SRS needs to do something different then compare the turnout at SRS to the turnout at w3 and that is even with SRS having a super nice high bite track that is a little bigger than w3 even.
And again I really hope they get it turned around its a great facility and we are very lucky to have 2 nice tracks. I am not posting this to just mindlessly bitch and complain but if SRS actually is reading this hopefuly they will look at whats going on and see what they have to do to fix it
If the go kart track doesnt get busy then whats going on with the rc track wont matter

Last edited by PFKAOG; 11-11-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

very true the go karts have to do well
Old 11-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Would the track allow and would racers be interested in E buggy Lite?
Old 11-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Prophet

I was told no 8th scales until some sort of fence goes up to protect spectators.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I was told no 8th scales until some sort of fence goes up to protect spectators.
Liegh it's based off a losi scte and uses 4pole motors and 2s battery packs. It uses the conversion made by MIP to make it a buggy. Hence lite... Did you even really know what it was before you said anything lol!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Yes, I know about the lite class. I was repeating what I was told about the fence. I realize it is nothing more than a buggy version of the sct 4x4.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Would the track allow and would racers be interested in E buggy Lite?
I've spoken to CJ about e-buggy lite in the past and he's all for it. The hard part is getting enough for a class since no manufacturers make them.

Personally, while I believe E-Buggies are too big and powerful for indoor tracks, I'm a fan of the of E-Buggy LITE class and hope it gets some traction in AZ someday.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Shocker
I've spoken to CJ about e-buggy lite in the past and he's all for it. The hard part is getting enough for a class since no manufacturers make them.

Personally, while I believe E-Buggies are too big and powerful for indoor tracks, I'm a fan of the of E-Buggy LITE class and hope it gets some traction in AZ someday.
It is a pricey class. then you still work the packs pretty hard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.