Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
So your basing turnout for states on how club racing is? States has always attracted out of town / out of state drivers for the weekend. I drove over 12 hours to race states last year, and I had a great time. I was thinking of doing the same this year but you can count on that not happening now. Hopefully some of the decisions that are being made by certain people don't carry over to the new facility. Not directing anything at you Ricky as I know you have to go through someone else to get things done around there.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC1010 View Post
Whats wrong with the current layout? I think it is the best one they've had. Very technical.
Just my personal preference. I like fast open tracks with elevation change and a flowing layout. These jumps just throw you straight up with a narrow margin of a landing. Plus it is a bit bumpy everywhere (and don't say it was by design) I don't expect them to change it because of me. I will still race there but I would say I like it the least of all tracks there so far.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I know at least 30-40 people who are going to race both the electic and Nitro days so what is lost on it not being a 3 day event may be gained from the additional entries of having all the classes and people paying to race both days. I know allot of people are upset that it has been changed to a 1 day event but allot of people are also stoked that Nitro is included, which probably would not have been possible if it was a multi day event. Us Nitro guys are honored to be included in the last ever race at the track that started it all here in Arizona and we are happy to take whatever we can get.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I know at least 30-40 people who are going to race both the electic and Nitro days so what is lost on it not being a 3 day event may be gained from the additional entries of having all the classes and people paying to race both days. I know allot of people are upset that it has been changed to a 1 day event but allot of people are also stoked that Nitro is included, which probably would not have been possible if it was a multi day event. Us Nitro guys are honored to be included in the last ever race at the track that started it all here in Arizona and we are happy to take whatever we can get.
How can it not be possible if it was a 2 day event? Per Ricky there will one be 100 entries, so why couldn't you add the maybe 49 nitro guys as well?

2nd, are you going to judge Cactus by the number of entries from the club races? There was over 500 entries for Cactus.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can we have a States race for 5th scale the day after the 1/8 nitro race?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PFKAOG View Post
Can we have a States race for 5th scale the day after the 1/8 nitro race?
Lol let's race 1/1 after
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Lol let's race 1/1 after
My Suburban is getting a bit long in the tooth, this would be a great opportunity to wet her ears and then put her out to pasture.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

How can it not be possible if it was a 2 day event? Per Ricky there will one be 100 entries, so why couldn't you add the maybe 49 nitro guys as well?

2nd, are you going to judge Cactus by the number of entries from the club races? There was over 500 entries for Cactus.
Electric guys don't want Nitro 1/8 scales on their track period. I would bet allot more people would not show up if it was combined and if it was electric 3-4 day event there would be no time for Nitro. You electric guys are about to have 2 world class facilities on the west side. Us Nitro guys have nothing so from our standpoint a 1 day event is better than a none day event. Hell I got a 2wd buggy just cause I don't want to give up racing.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Electric guys don't want Nitro 1/8 scales on their track period. I would bet allot more people would not show up if it was combined and if it was electric 3-4 day event there would be no time for Nitro. You electric guys are about to have 2 world class facilities on the west side. Us Nitro guys have nothing so from our standpoint a 1 day event is better than a none day event. Hell I got a 2wd buggy just cause I don't want to give up racing.
I dont know, I wouldn't mind having an extra day for the event. Dosen't bother me to have a loud car on the same track as a quiet one. What about the guys on the East side? They don't have a track either when SRS leaves.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

A couple years ago when I first got into the hobby electric and nitro both ran there on the same night-seems the gassers were maybe only Wed but they both ran. If the surface is sugared it should be a pretty durable surface, it would be really cool if it were a multiple day event with both groups and I hope the electric guys could welcome it. I've heard someone is offering to do a complimentary rebuild for this historic race and I'd bet a years worth the beer he could pull of a track that everyone would like.

Need to add that "complimentary" may not be 100% accurate... a person doing such a thing should maybe get fuel costs for their equipment covered.

Last edited by Lance Tanner; 10-30-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

we race at HT in tucson with nitro. We did it a CV also. Most of the electric guys didnt care.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Maybe times have changed but I remember electric guys getting upset about the nitro cars tearing up the track and the noise. I remember tracks that had duel racing had to make a rule that nitro could not be fired up until the electric races were over and blah blah blah. I still don't understand why it's such a feud between the two as both classes help keep the tracks and shops open but I have not seen anything to show me differently unless you count Chizzle my nizzle running Nitro at Paddocks a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I never see discussions on RC tech ever change the program at a race so I plan to just enjoy whatever we get. SRS will be missed on the East side for sure so let's get a good turn out and a happy send off
Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Those are the electric snobs that cry like kids. I am just an offroad snob, lol. I just dont get oval. HT redid the layout to try and help out the nitro guys. It may not be a super cross monster 8th scale track, but they are happy to have a home to run their cars. But I bet their loud a$$ buggys attract passers by on speedway. Like you said, if it keeps the track open... That being said, the shop needs to stay on top of maintenance on some types of dirt. CV held up really well for months with 8th scales. HT ruts up much quicker, even with only electric it can become a nightmare.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I dont know, I wouldn't mind having an extra day for the event. Dosen't bother me to have a loud car on the same track as a quiet one. What about the guys on the East side? They don't have a track either when SRS leaves.
Anyone care to ballpark how many dedicated, east valley racers there currently are who will now have to make the trip to the west side?

I would think folks from Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Scottsdale would all be included.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by testcrashdummy View Post
Anyone care to ballpark how many dedicated, east valley racers there currently are who will now have to make the trip to the west side?

I would think folks from Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Scottsdale would all be included.
Gilbert, Queen creek, Awatukee. I can think of quite a few guys who switched to onroad when Glitch closed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.