Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well though out, presented and reasonable oppositions will not be considered...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm just trying to look at with wide glasses and look at what is good for our hobby-attracting and KEEPING new racers and making it a good experience. Worlds and Cactus are top level events and I can see the sugar reasoning. The state championships is something that 'B' level racers or below can and should race but if the 'experience' is trying it can be the turd in the punch bowl. I had fun on the grape soda track at states last year but it was very difficult in my eyes trying to get a handle on my rig-I never did since it more like a slot car that I could actually steer but it didn't 'scare' me away from the hobby or make me question it. It takes some pretty serious skill to get around a high grip track consistently and that's not an opinion-anyone can replay the recent Worlds races and see the baddest dudes on planet have some significant struggles.
You can sell rubber and plastic or you can sell a great time, sugar makes it so you can't sell both (for some).
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longlivethe3 View Post
I'm just trying to look at with wide glasses and look at what is good for our hobby-attracting and KEEPING new racers and making it a good experitoence. Worlds and Cactus are top level events and Itreat can see the sugar reasoning. The state championships is something that 'B' level racers or below can and should race but if the 'experience' is trying it can be the turd in the punch bowl. I had fun on the grape soda track at states last year but it was very difficult in my eyes trying to get a handle on my rig-I never did since it more like a slot car that I could actually steer but it didn't 'scare' me away from the hobby or make me question it. It takes some pretty serious skill to get around a high grip track consistently and that's not an opinion-anyone can replay the recent Worlds races and see the baddest dudes on planet have some significant struggles.
You can sell rubber and plastic or you can sell a great time, sugar makes it so you can't sell both (for some).
Blah blah blah you know what the guys that run the track will do what they want to do. If you don't want to go don't go
This standard line of just trying keep new racers and ruin it for future racers never works I been hearing it for 15 years. Racers come and go just race dammit. if they want to race they will adapt. This is mostly a hobby. TOYS. treat it as such
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

I'm just trying to look at with wide glasses and look at what is good for our hobby-attracting and KEEPING new racers and making it a good experience. Worlds and Cactus are top level events and I can see the sugar reasoning. The state championships is something that 'B' level racers or below can and should race but if the 'experience' is trying it can be the turd in the punch bowl. I had fun on the grape soda track at states last year but it was very difficult in my eyes trying to get a handle on my rig-I never did since it more like a slot car that I could actually steer but it didn't 'scare' me away from the hobby or make me question it. It takes some pretty serious skill to get around a high grip track consistently and that's not an opinion-anyone can replay the recent Worlds races and see the baddest dudes on planet have some significant struggles.
Sound arguement.....if......we were to race there again which is highly doubtful. Sugar and or soda isn't going to scare anyone away from the new location because it isn't needed indoors. Doesn't take anymore skill to get around a high traction track vs the norm with the proper tires.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its funny that several of you guys that are complaining about the sugar track didn't race at States last year and didn't race at Cactus either.

So you dont actually know other than how it was "after Cactus" so you're really just complaining for the sake of complaining because you aren't gonna go either way. Typical RC Tech
Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

I will be putting down sugar once on Friday and letting it take us through the weekend (So a fraction of what I used at Cactus). This is a necessary band-aid.

Just wanted to make it clear that states will be the last race at 2945 N. Scottsdale. No club races. No practice. Nothing.

So come out enjoy it for what it is.

Side note. I have got to play with a few diffent samples of dirt and I think I found some stuff that will do the trick. Clay compounds grab on it. Witch means low tire wear and HIGH bite.

I will also open a can of worms here and say if I think the dirt has the grip I will not be allowing tire additive in the new track.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by azdakota97 View Post
Hopefully a 17.5 SC class catches on there for club racing when the new building opens up. I plan to make it there a few times a month.
I'm with you on that one! 17.5 and pro2!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Guess we'll see what the turn out is and that will be the casting vote-they can do what they want to do Blubonix and the rest will go to the indoor track which will be racing the exact same days. In my puny mind making a huge swing on surface is puzzling since that is not in the same ball ball park or planet compared to where the rest of the state of Arizona runs normally all year long. Robert you are a top level driver and if you think it is the same to run on sugar as the other tracks we normally race on the entire year your opinion is good in my eyes and I always respect your thoughts. My opinion about running on asphalt for one race has nothing to do with the rest of the year.
It is nice to see life back in this thread for the greatest track in the history of AZ. Wondering what your opinions are of playing the Superbowl on pavement this year
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guess we'll see what the turn out is and that will be the casting vote-they can do what they want to do Blubonix and the rest will go to the indoor track which will be racing the exact same days. In my puny mind making a huge swing on surface is puzzling since that is not in the same ball ball park or planet compared to where the rest of the state of Arizona runs normally all year long. Robert you are a top level driver and if you think it is the same to run on sugar as the other tracks we normally race on the entire year your opinion is good in my eyes and I always respect your thoughts. My opinion about running on asphalt for one race has nothing to do with the rest of the year.
It is nice to see life back in this thread for the greatest track in the history of AZ. Wondering what your opinions are of playing the Superbowl on pavement this year
I'd tell you, but I'm not a "top level driver."
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC View Post
I'd tell you, but I'm not a "top level driver."
Can't find the whatchoo talkin bout Willis? emoticon
Old 10-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

No harm no foul Lance I don't think I'm a top level driver just one that does ok on a local level. To me if it's fluffy dirt or sugared it's just a matter of setup. Since Ricky did say there will be sugar but a minimal amount I'm assuming it's just to even the traction a bit and keep the surface together. It won't be anywhere near as high or abrasive. I'll be there for States regardless if you do decide to come out ill be more than willing to help you or anyone else out. I'm no pro and don't care what car it is I'm sure I can get ya going in the right direction.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky G View Post
I will also open a can of worms here and say if I think the dirt has the grip I will not be allowing tire additive in the new track.
I may be the odd one out, but i love hearing this. I am not a fan of how the additives swell the tires and what not. Hope the dirt is as sticky as you're advertising.

Guess we'll see what the turn out is and that will be the casting vote-they can do what they want to do Blubonix and the rest will go to the indoor track which will be racing the exact same days.
Well stated sir. This action speaks louder than any post on a message board.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Saucing is kinda annoying.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

THE BEST NEWS IVE SEEN ABOUT THE NEW TRACK. (if it happens)
Old 10-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

I will be putting down sugar once on Friday and letting it take us through the weekend (So a fraction of what I used at Cactus). This is a necessary band-aid.

Just wanted to make it clear that states will be the last race at 2945 N. Scottsdale. No club races. No practice. Nothing.

So come out enjoy it for what it is.

Side note. I have got to play with a few diffent samples of dirt and I think I found some stuff that will do the trick. Clay compounds grab on it. Witch means low tire wear and HIGH bite.

Forgot to say thanks for the update for States-I can live with that for sure and sorry to all for being a bit of a crybaby. It is also great news about the dirt going in the new facility and I look forward to making some trips over!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.