Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
When it comes to the bigger races, consistency is the key component that they're looking for when doing sugar, soda, dry track, etc. It keeps it consistent from qual to qual, race to race, which helps keep an even playing field for everyone. Downfall is tire wear. I wouldn't worry about these types of tracks for club racing. Track owners want racers to keep coming back. Toasting 3 sets of tires for one night of racing won't help, lol. Having some pure clay would be the shizzle. Water once, maybe twice a day. Run one set of tires for one or two months. Money.
I still think in the bigger races, LACK of consistency proves the better driver. Like in Supercross. The "line" will change throughout the race. Often times there are multiple lines, and they get dug up. The best drivers (riders) can read and pick the lines and produce consistent lap times regardless of conditions. The lesser drivers run out of talent when they push it and crash and we kick sand and throw beer on them. (oh, wait, that last part is what we do at the dunes).
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
I still think in the bigger races, LACK of consistency proves the be in Supercross. The "line" will change throughout the race. Often times there are multiple lines, and they get dug up. The best drivers (riders) can read and pick the lines and produce consistent lap times regardless of conditions. The lesser drivers run out of talent when they push it and crash and we kick sand and throw beer on them. (oh, wait, that last part is what we do at the dunes).
Supercross doesn't have 40 heats. What if the track completely deteriorates after 2 races of a pro class? The rest of the racers might as Well pack up and go home.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeFriery View Post
Supercross doesn't have 40 heats. What if the track completely deteriorates after 2 races of a pro class? The rest of the racers might as Well pack up and go home.
I concede, that's a fair point. I may have to work on my rebuttal to that one. There is a bit of an in between, such as Paddocks. It gets pretty beat up, but YES, it's still not seeing even close to the amount of heats one of these big races see.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Plus they don't make gold step pins anymore lol!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Plus they don't make gold step pins anymore lol!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ge-_-LOSA7378S

Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would think an indoor track would be easier to manage traction on with decent dirt without the "additives". At the same time the longer tires last the less tires sold.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

I recently found my original RC10 tires from the original gold pan days in storage. Brand new set never used. The "rubber" isn't exactly the most pliable after all these years...not that it was ever very pliable in the first place.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

I vote for an AIR COMPRESSOR. Preferably a large one put in a remote location with a few outlets in various spots.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ricky G View Post

No we will not have any trampolines!
No trampolines? Damn it! I have been working on my Triple Lindy!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DAD View Post
I vote for an AIR COMPRESSOR. Preferably a large one put in a remote location with a few outlets in various spots.
Amen! At HRH it was very nice when I went to the Shootout, they had 4 outlets, and when the compressor kicked on, there was a tiny little mist, making it very nice & easy to clean your car.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team G Racing View Post
Amen! At HRH it was very nice when I went to the Shootout, they had 4 outlets, and when the compressor kicked on, there was a tiny little mist, making it very nice & easy to clean your car.
What's wrong with a brush and some furniture polish? Not a fan of people blowing dust everywhere.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
What's wrong with a brush and some furniture polish? Not a fan of people blowing dust everywhere.

I find it hard to believe there will be that much "dust" on an indoor track. Brushes are nice, but air is better
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team G Racing View Post
I find it hard to believe there will be that much "dust" on an indoor track. Brushes are nice, but air is better
X2. But I could do without the "mist" you speak of. Compressed air condensation is not good for your compressor or your bearings. Lol.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
X2. But I could do without the "mist" you speak of. Compressed air condensation is not good for your compressor or your bearings. Lol.
That is a good point, compressed air does have a lot of moisture in it unless there's a good water trap/drier as close to the outlet as possible.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Suspended

Looking forward to the new SRS being indoors during the summer

Last edited by Team G Racing; 07-30-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.