Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
  #7831  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 29
Default

well if they do have a go kart track..i would love to see on t=road back..even if its once a month
team az is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM
  #7832  
Suspended
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Yeah, the drive sucks and I really wanted to have a nice track with better hours closer to those of us out here.

Id love to see a good food court of some type with variety. Good clay/dirt with NO SUGAR!

Oh and an indoor 1.8th e-buggy friendly track would be an awesome thing to have back in my life! MY EB48 is very well rested and wants to come out and play.
My 1/8 good use a good stretch also
Team G Racing is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:24 PM
  #7833  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
vic720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Peoria, Arizona
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC View Post
Not trying to open a can of worms but my only advice is that if you guys are going to move over on the same side of town as Fear Farm and W3, I just hope you guys all reach out to eachother and try to work together. Like with what nights ya'll club race, do some combined races and things of that nature. When there are all these bad feelings and competition between tracks, nobody wins.

You guys are all we have left. That's all I'm saying. Lets have some fun.

and PS you all suck for making me drive so far. :P jk
Very well said! Especially since we saw what happened last time one track opened next to another.
vic720 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:28 PM
  #7834  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
onefast8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Bar.
onefast8 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:28 PM
  #7835  
Suspended
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,990
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vic720 View Post
Very well said! Especially since we saw what happened last time one track opened next to another.
What happen?
PFKAOG is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:36 PM
  #7836  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (25)
 
The Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Surprise, Az
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PFKAOG View Post
What happen?
LOL

So whats wrong with the sugar dirt was it to hard on cars?
The Juice is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM
  #7837  
Tech Adept
 
JKrc717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
LOL

So whats wrong with the sugar dirt was it to hard on cars?
It gets the underside of the body sticky if you don't run mud flaps.
JKrc717 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:54 PM
  #7838  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
LOL

So whats wrong with the sugar dirt was it to hard on cars?
Sugared dirt cause extreme traction and massive tire wear neither of which is high in a B4s owners list. Lol
Gitsum is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 PM
  #7839  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
mingoglia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Sugared dirt cause extreme traction and massive tire wear neither of which is high in a B4s owners list. Lol
I was looking at some pics JConcepts posted, and I think some of these tracks are getting out of hand when it comes to traction. We're almost driving offroad buggies on on road tracks. Yeah, it makes for some close racing, but whatever happened to the ever-changing loamy tracks?

Look at this pic, it looks as hard as concrete:

mingoglia is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:26 PM
  #7840  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Lance Tanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mesa AZ via Marshall MO
Posts: 732
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by onefast8 View Post
Bar.
Bump, great post.
Lance Tanner is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 PM
  #7841  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It's consistent is why it's heading that way. When we old schoolers raced it was gold step pins all day. Giant roosts and let her eat now the current generation of racers are the " I want it now or ill do something else" type. Just how it is.
Gitsum is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 PM
  #7842  
Suspended
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
I was looking at some pics JConcepts posted, and I think some of these tracks are getting out of hand when it comes to traction. We're almost driving offroad buggies on on road tracks. Yeah, it makes for some close racing, but whatever happened to the ever-changing loamy tracks?

Look at this pic, it looks as hard as concrete:


That is NO sugar, water, or any other adhesives. That is just from plain being run on. HRH dirt forms high traction very quickly.
Team G Racing is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM
  #7843  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

When it comes to the bigger races, consistency is the key component that they're looking for when doing sugar, soda, dry track, etc. It keeps it consistent from qual to qual, race to race, which helps keep an even playing field for everyone. Downfall is tire wear. I wouldn't worry about these types of tracks for club racing. Track owners want racers to keep coming back. Toasting 3 sets of tires for one night of racing won't help, lol. Having some pure clay would be the shizzle. Water once, maybe twice a day. Run one set of tires for one or two months. Money.
CHIZZLE is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
  #7844  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
vic720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Peoria, Arizona
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
When it comes to the bigger races, consistency is the key component that they're looking for when doing sugar, soda, dry track, etc. It keeps it consistent from qual to qual, race to race, which helps keep an even playing field for everyone. Downfall is tire wear. I wouldn't worry about these types of tracks for club racing. Track owners want racers to keep coming back. Toasting 3 sets of tires for one night of racing won't help, lol. Having some pure clay would be the shizzle. Water once, maybe twice a day. Run one set of tires for one or two months. Money.
That would definitely be the shizzle chizzle lol
vic720 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM
  #7845  
Suspended
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Chizzle shizzle my nissle fo sizzil.
Team G Racing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.