Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

what time does the race start Tuesday?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Should be a good turnout!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Ricky, the points sheet for the BID series on the SRS website only shows novice... Anyway we can get that updated? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tjswanie
Hey Ricky, the points sheet for the BID series on the SRS website only shows novice... Anyway we can get that updated? Thanks!
Fixed! Points are up to date now at Scottsdalercspeedway.com!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

count me in for tonight
Old 07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rain?

It is raining north of SRS, how is the track today?
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ricky G
Fixed! Points are up to date now at Scottsdalercspeedway.com!
Thanks for fixing that so fast Ricky!

Racing still on for tonight? Seems like we got just the right amount of rain and the track should be perfect, but I dont know how it was in Scottsdale.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Took this just a few mins ago and the track looks great! Got the perfect amount of rain!

Happy 4th! See everyone tonight for the second of the 2 day series
Old 07-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lots of fun at the finale of the Fireworks Spectacular series tonight. Capped off by the long-jump competition. Good times!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulepic
Adam, I'd be interested in oval but there definitely doesn't seem to be as much info out there as say SC or buggy about which kits to get etc. It seems like a niche segment; but after watching it, an exciting one.

Maybe a 'mini cooper' type class could be offered up such that it's ea$y to get started in. The shop could carry the kits, parts, tires, etc. I'm actually considering selling my SC to get an oval car (I'm at my RC quota) but as I alluded to the info is sparse. What do you think?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default Oval

Mulepic

I had an on line conversation with Mike on 7-2-2012 with what I know about current Oval racing. That might give you some info.
There were about 5 Oval racers last night. Mixed racing in one heat.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Some video love for the oval gang...

Here's some action from the Oval A-Main.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinB
Mulepic

I had an on line conversation with Mike on 7-2-2012 with what I know about current Oval racing. That might give you some info.
There were about 5 Oval racers last night. Mixed racing in one heat.
Thanks, I saw that. A 'run what you bring' type of race doesn't exactly make for good fun racing. Maybe I'll phrase my question/idea this way. When the slash 2wd first came out and there was a box-stock type class the racing was fun. The cars handled poorly but the level playing field and low initial cost helped SC take off. The same is true for the mini-cooper. It's a great class to get started in for the same reasons. If SRS wants oval to take hold maybe they could sell a kit that is low cost but when raced together makes for competitive/fun races. The reason for SRS selling the kits is mainly b/c it's difficult to find decent info about oval cars that fit the slash/mini type of description.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Oval

I too bought a Slash starting out hoping for a spec class to be raced. That died quickly at the track I was at.
In club racing, it is not possible for a race director to be tech inspector also. If it is done, it has to be done by the folks in the class. And just ignore anyone going outside of the agreed to spec.

I believe the Mini Cooper had an asphalt oval race presense before disappearing. Adam has said if there are three cars of a type, they are a class in dirt oval. If you can gather those folks up again and agree to what is your spec, I am sure you have a class.

There was a 13.5 buggy class last week. As far as I could tell, no one was "fudging".

But I do understand wanting a stable class. Tough to spend money on a car and have that class vanish. In years past I bought a Stadium truck and 4x4 buggy for SRS and those classes disappeared very quickly.

Have a great week.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Well, 2wd buggy has never gone away. if it ever does, I will probably quit. I believe it to be the best 1/10 electric class. I would really like to try 1/8 e buggy, as I think that class could be awesome, but the cost will probably never allow it to take off. As far as teching goes, I have not seen that in years at a club race. Hell most classes seem to be run what you brung. Back in the early 90's they weighted, checked the width length and motor after every heat and main. ahh, the good ole days. These days I just assume everyone is cheating. lol, I saw a sc10 guy running in the stock class here complain that he could not make the double, so he runs a 8.5 in the stock class. he still finishes dead last, but yeah.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.