Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
ok guys..this is my last try for onroad..this friday eve..we need more than 2 or 3 to get out and race..lets start a roll call
1) Ray P
Ray, The response was overwhelming...
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

1) Ray P
2) Dave zzle
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC View Post
I haven't seen a whole class of 1/8th scales at SRS all year. However, they are very good about letting you run whatever you bring, so if you came out and you were the only one, they would find a place for you.

But if you could get 3 or 4 others to come out, they would make a class for you, no problem. It's all about how many show up.
SRS does not welcome the 1/8th scale class. I tried last week and was denied. So the only two places I know that you can run an electric 1/8th scale with a 7-10 min main and will fit you in a class is One Hobbies but you will have to prove you can drive yours under control and Glitch.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastgascar View Post
SRS does not welcome the 1/8th scale class. I tried last week and was denied. So the only two places I know that you can run an electric 1/8th scale with a 7-10 min main and will fit you in a class is One Hobbies but you will have to prove you can drive yours under control and Glitch.
Your best bet is Fear Farm. They LOVE electric 1/8th scales.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default on road

would like to try some on road..does anybody have a used roller cheap?($75???)
Old 05-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

The Jconcepts Battle in the Desert series will be offering a new class this year; "Sportsman Stock 13.5 Buggy". This is meant to be a step between "Novice" and "Expert Stock 13.5 Buggy" and we hope it makes for some fun racing!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastgascar View Post
They used to. In 07 and 08, 1/8 scale electric was really taking off at SRS. I took a few years off and when I came back last year all that had changed. I really enjoyed 1/8 scale electric. Fast, fun, and rarely broke. From what I have been told the cost is what kiiled the class. Too bad.

As far as Glitch is concerned. A buddy and I ran an 1/8 scale Losi at Glitch a few months ago. Was a blast on the previous layout.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Default MDA Camp Help

Sorry to post this here but I know several of you have helped in the past with this event. Thanks you for your time!

Changing speeds here for a moment to ask once again for helpers, vehicles, and support equipment! Every year Jessica, myself, and volunteer R/C peeps go up to the high country, to the MDA Camp for kids. We spend the day helping kids with disabilities race R/C cars and it's always one of their favorite activities.

This year we will be going up on Tuesday June 5th, to a camp just outside of Payson. The new location is actually about 45 minutes closer than the old location, which was just outside of Heber. The day consists of meeting with 4 groups of kids, starting at 10AM. We are usually finished up and headed back home by 4PM.

Last year was the best yet due in large part to all the great people who came up to help. We had 12 people helping and about as many cars!! This year, Adam Drake and TLR have pledged 4 vehicles. I'll be bringing my 2wd buggy so we have a good start. What I'm needs is volunteers of course and more vehicles, radios, batteries, chargers, and support equipment.

It really is an awesome time and the weather up there is always 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix. lol

If you think you could part with your equipment for a few days or even have time to come be a part of things, please let me know!

Thanks so much for your time,

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
ok guys..this is my last try for onroad..this friday eve..we need more than 2 or 3 to get out and race..lets start a roll call
1) Ray P
Hey this is rick from srs. I am already requesting changing the onroad to $5. Each additional class to $1. And starts at 730p. And having more classes than what we had. It will be kind of like gilbert. Please come out this Friday I will be running the races and we will see what the out come is. Sorry for the late request but I really don't want a dirt oval taking over the onroad track. So if you want to keep he onroad track come out and let's keep the track.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Rookie

I also want to see more 12th scales out there as well. so bring those out as well. 17.5 no boost. And don't get me confused with ricky. I am rick the black guy
Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ALIASDAVE View Post
would like to try some on road..does anybody have a used roller cheap?($75???)
For $150 you can get a tc4 club racer kit from the store just add you own electronics and tires and body. Great car to start racing onroad.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Suspended

Default srs

Originally Posted by Ricky G View Post
The Jconcepts Battle in the Desert series will be offering a new class this year; "Sportsman Stock 13.5 Buggy". This is meant to be a step between "Novice" and "Expert Stock 13.5 Buggy" and we hope it makes for some fun racing!
I am planning to do the Race this weekend on SAT what gear ratio are ppl running on 13.5 buggy out at SRS? also shock oit weight and springs if you know. Thanks Anyone who knows please feel free to answer thanks again
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psiqfiend View Post
I also want to see more 12th scales out there as well. so bring those out as well. 17.5 no boost. And don't get me confused with ricky. I am rick the black guy
I wouldn't mind starting onroad racing but I'd like to keep it simple. 12th scale sounds a bit easier to work on etc. What 12th scale do you recommend to start out with? I've also been considering the tamiya mini, again it sounds like a pretty level field and an easy car to work with. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I will be in Phoenix for the long weekend. Any racing going on at SRS? Might bring my 1/10 buggy up. If so, what time?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan1977 View Post
I am planning to do the Race this weekend on SAT what gear ratio are ppl running on 13.5 buggy out at SRS? also shock oit weight and springs if you know. Thanks Anyone who knows please feel free to answer thanks again
For 13.5 69/29-31 is a good starting point for gearing as for shocks 2's with 30wt and 2.9 front with 2.0 rears springs. Hope that helps

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I will be in Phoenix for the long weekend. Any racing going on at SRS? Might bring my 1/10 buggy up. If so, what time?
Racing starts at 6pm on Sat. turnouts have been 30-50 even with the heat!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.