Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Pics!??!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default the Cactus Classic

Hey locals, just wondering how we can secure pit tables/awnings for the race weekend? Is the track providing any help of that fashion? Myself and another friend are flying in from Vancouver,Canada and are hoping we aren't sitting in the parking lot... Is there anyone willing to help us out,or rent us space?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I don't work there but the fenced in space is very limited.

Usually everyone just bike locks their ez-up's together daisy-ing back to the fence at some point.

I have left my table/chairs there in the past without trouble but you never know. If your that worried bring a few cable locks.

A lot of ppl are out of the fenced area I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mHOUPS View Post
Vey cool, you've been racing for many, many....hours... but yet you seem to know the BEST solutions for r/c racing. Are YOU serious..."who ever uses that line shoudn't be around a race track"....your a dipshit! I hear ya though, the only reason I personally, am not at the pro level is because I keep getting fawked over by marshalls. The only thing in my way of beating Maifield, Tebo, King, etc. are the bullshit marshalls... our set-up is the same, the only difference MUST be the marshalls!!!

<high fashion>

You are driving the car, NOT the marshall! The marshall did NOT kick your car into a pipe, wall, another car, into the parking lot, light pole, etc.! The bottom line is, it's driver error. It's not the fact that some goofball is eating a party sub, chain smoking and pulling a keg-o-rater out to a marshall position. It's nothing more than your lack of experience and driving ability with a slight case of anger issues that you bring to an internet forum so people can laugh AND make fun of you for being a retard, and for that WE THANK YOU!

Yeah, I'm the one that came on and decided to make post in response to somebody and fill it with assumptions, oh wait that was you. But I'm the dipshit, oh wait, no thats you as well.

You assume for some reason that my post was in anyway regarding how my car had been marshalled at anytime, and not a post made from many years of observation. You also assume that you have any idea how long I've been racing, which you don't. But again, I'm the dipshit, sure buddy.

Next time you make a post, try to fill it with facts. Your method of just mashing words together and thinking that they were worth reading really didn't prove anything other than your high-school mentality.

When you accept the fact that there is a problem with the racers mentality when it comes to marshalling, and that it is a completely separate issue than the fact that we all make mistakes while driving, your opinion may matter.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Last man standing race. It actually is a pretty fun time. You should try it. Just remember, if someone hits you and you get back on your feet, you're back in the race!
After writing that out and re-reading it, I thought to myself "that actually sounds like a good time" , but I've never witnessed or participated in a race like that.

But in all seriousness, it seems like you're the type of guy that likes to blame your racing on slow marshalls or getting taken out. When was the last time you said, "Eh, I effed up."?
I'm not sure how me pointing out that the marshalling situation is in a sad state makes people assume that I'm a bad driver, or that I dont take credit for my own mistakes. I'm simply stating that the marshalling could step up a notch. Watch someone like Humpty marshall and the effort that he gives, then watch %80 of the others out there. I just feel that marshalling is a part of this hobby and that too many people think they are above the task. If this attitude were to change, or didnt exist, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. I'm not trying to pick fights with anyone, I simply brought it up because I think it could make the hobby more enjoyable for everyone involved.

It's your job as a racer to keep it on it's wheels and put in a good time. It's the marshalls job to fix your problem WHEN you fail to do your job.
Fixed

To any marshall that has ever touched my car, thank you.
I second that.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Fair enough dude, let's move on. But for what it's worth, there's nothing wrong with the statement, "It's not the marshall's fault you crashed". I say it all the time. I've also NEVER yelled at a marshall. Even if it caused me a 50 second lap on a 25 second track. I look at it as, "Oh well, that sucks" and move on. After all, these are just toy cars.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am SO glad we don't have this problem in NITRO!!: lol:
Old 03-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st View Post
Seriously? You just used this line? Anyone in this hobby that uses that line shouldn't even be allowed to step foot near the racetrack. Last I checked, turn marshals were out there for one reason, to flip cars back over. How hard is it to watch your fucking corner for 5 minutes and do a simple job? Last I checked even the pro's had turn marshals out on the track when they raced, guess what that means, it means we all crash, even the best of us.

But hey, here's a better idea, and maybe we can give this a shot one night.
-Lets have a race with no turn marshals at all, and drivers aren't allowed to leave the driver stand till the end of the race. If you flip over the car lies there till the end of the race.

I bet that would make for a great time huh? Not only that, I bet people would change their attitude about doing their simple task of turn marshaling when it was their turn to do so.
Yeah, I'm the one that came on and decided to make post in response to somebody and fill it with assumptions, oh wait that was you. But I'm the dipshit, oh wait, no thats you as well.

You assume for some reason that my post was in anyway regarding how my car had been marshalled at anytime, and not a post made from many years of observation. You also assume that you have any idea how long I've been racing, which you don't. But again, I'm the dipshit, sure buddy.

Next time you make a post, try to fill it with facts. Your method of just mashing words together and thinking that they were worth reading really didn't prove anything other than your high-school mentality.

When you accept the fact that there is a problem with the racers mentality when it comes to marshalling, and that it is a completely separate issue than the fact that we all make mistakes while driving, your opinion may matter.
Ok Sally!! If your dropping "F" bombs while your talking about marshalling and trying to say "you didn't have an issue"...bullshit!! YEAH>>>> many years of observation? so what are you, a professional toy car race spectator? No, I don't have any idea of how long you've been racing and I could care less, however, your signature states your a NOVICE! So again, are you an expert r/c race watcher, which in your worthless little mind makes you some type of an expert?

Seriously, these are TOY CARS! It is in NO WAY ANYONES FAULT THAT YOU CRASHED, PERIOD!! Again, in YOUR pathetic mind, YOU think EVERY racer sucks at marshalling...."When you accept the fact that there is a problem with the racers mentality when it comes to marshalling...." , Yes your are a dipshit!!

So I guess the question is, W.T.F. are you!? From your responce, you think your someone special and your shit doesn't stink.....well Sally, I have BAD NEWS on both accounts!! GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE!!!!

I'm no one specail either, except when I was in high School, I rode the short bus and stayed in one room all day. I don't know that I have ever won an r/c race, ask anyone that knows me, I don't care if I win. I can tell you that I have the most fun racing toy cars, again, ask people that know me.

TOY CARS = FUN! If it's anything other than that, unless your at a PRO level, find a new hobby.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
I am SO glad we don't have this problem in NITRO!!: lol:
ha ha!! Yes you do....but their on a bigger scale!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ok Sally!! If your dropping "F" bombs while your talking about marshalling and trying to say "you didn't have an issue"...bullshit!! YEAH>>>> many years of observation? so what are you, a professional toy car race spectator? No, I don't have any idea of how long you've been racing and I could care less, however, your signature states your a NOVICE! So again, are you an expert r/c race watcher, which in your worthless little mind makes you some type of an expert?

Seriously, these are TOY CARS! It is in NO WAY ANYONES FAULT THAT YOU CRASHED, PERIOD!! Again, in YOUR pathetic mind, YOU think EVERY racer sucks at marshalling...."When you accept the fact that there is a problem with the racers mentality when it comes to marshalling...." , Yes your are a dipshit!!

So I guess the question is, W.T.F. are you!? From your responce, you think your someone special and your shit doesn't stink.....well Sally, I have BAD NEWS on both accounts!! GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE!!!!

I'm no one specail either, except when I was in high School, I rode the short bus and stayed in one room all day. I don't know that I have ever won an r/c race, ask anyone that knows me, I don't care if I win. I can tell you that I have the most fun racing toy cars, again, ask people that know me.

TOY CARS = FUN! If it's anything other than that, unless your at a PRO level, find a new hobby.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for comming back and proving my previous points. Congrats, you took a line written in a sig and never once thought to yourself; "hmm, that signature could be 4 years old" or, "hmm, maybe the dude just switched to that type of vehicle."

But then again, It was obvious from your first post, that your brain doesnt work on that level. Which again you proved with yet another retarded ass statement
many years of observation? so what are you, a professional toy car race spectator?
Yeah, its called what I do between my heats asshat. You clearly think that being Mr. RCLive makes you something special, take your own advice and...
GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for comming back and proving my previous points. Congrats, you took a line written in a sig and never once thought to yourself; "hmm, that signature could be 4 years old" or, "hmm, maybe the dude just switched to that type of vehicle."

But then again, It was obvious from your first post, that your brain doesnt work on that level. Which again you proved with yet another retarded ass statement Yeah, its called what I do between my heats asshat. You clearly think that being Mr. RCLive makes you something special, take your own advice and...
I'm not Mr. anything and I KNOW I'm not special, but son, I AM your daddy!! I think it's funny that you are so full of yourself and all you have to say is.."hmm 4 years", "hmmm switch hitter", "hmmm salad tosser", hmmm, hmmm

Ha Ha!! you get pissed off when you play toy cars So, how are the anger management classes going?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anger Management Classes "PISS ME OFF"
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Now now girls, can we just see some pics of the me layout?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeez. I hate to jump in the middle of all this nonsense, but since it was my post that seems to have instigated all of this, I feel like I owe it to the SRS regulars to try to calm the storm.

My original post was a bit of frustration over the RD not being very receptive to racers concerns (not just me, several people had the problem). I've raced at SRS since then, with no problems. I talked to him, he's workin on it, said they would have a drivers meeting, he's doin his best, all is well, lets please move on.

SRS is still a very fun place to race, it's THE track that got me into RC, and I had no idea that I was kicking such a hornets nest by bringing up NOVICE marshalling. I had no intention of instigating such drama. I thought it was a pretty reasonable post, but 3 pages of drama later, I obviously shouldn't have said anything. For that I apologize.

Cactus is coming up, the new layout is done lets just get excited and get back to discussing that!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.