Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC View Post
Nope, never said it was. Wasn't even blaming the marshalls. Novice guys dont know the rules for marshalling if the RD refuses to tell them.

You know, kinda like how your home track (and most other local tracks) has a drivers meeting before every race and the RD says; "Please no eating on the track, no phones, just watch your area." That's really all it takes and it's not asking alot.
Sounds reasonable to me. Personally I think there is just a shortage of mashalls during some races. Last time I marshalled I got a workout trying to cover three corners at once.

Last time I was at Competition Hobbies, I was covering two corners at once in opposite directions. While watching one corner a car flipped over at the opposite corner. The director had the nerve to throw out the old "watch your corners and not the race". I had to call him on it after the race, and he claimed he was not talking to me...

That's where the directors need to enforce the rules. Making sure everyone who races gets out to marshall.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 03-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
True, but you only get to run twice. Last year I arrived on Wednesday and ran multiple times, only waiting about 10-15 minutes max. Thursday was quite a bit busier, only ran 2-3 times and avg wait was about 30 mins. Plus, there is no way its going to be as busy this year compared to last.
Famous last words....NC had 700 plus entries, and that was mostly nitro. Electric is way bigger t the moment....
Old 03-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jrcheese View Post
is it the marshalls fault you crashed ?
Seriously? You just used this line? Anyone in this hobby that uses that line shouldn't even be allowed to step foot near the racetrack. Last I checked, turn marshals were out there for one reason, to flip cars back over. How hard is it to watch your fucking corner for 5 minutes and do a simple job? Last I checked even the pro's had turn marshals out on the track when they raced, guess what that means, it means we all crash, even the best of us.

But hey, here's a better idea, and maybe we can give this a shot one night.
-Lets have a race with no turn marshals at all, and drivers aren't allowed to leave the driver stand till the end of the race. If you flip over the car lies there till the end of the race.

I bet that would make for a great time huh? Not only that, I bet people would change their attitude about doing their simple task of turn marshaling when it was their turn to do so.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by recrutr911 View Post
Famous last words....NC had 700 plus entries, and that was mostly nitro. Electric is way bigger t the moment....
Wrong, there is no way that cactus will have 400 something plus entries like they did last year. The entry fee has turned away quite a few.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Wrong, there is no way that cactus will have 400 something plus entries like they did last year. The entry fee has turned away quite a few.
you got that right i would say 1/2 to 3/4's of the locals wont attend

Last edited by Jrcheese; 03-11-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

In regards to the marshall situation, all the previous posts have merit. As a race director I can tell you it is difficult to "make" people marshall, I know it is their resposibility..however some just don't (not sure why) Sure you can call them out, but them you look like the !ick. I've seen plenty of people not happy with the race director's decision. Remember if you hear the director calling for a volunteer and your available hop out, helps him/her out and makes the program run smoother.

In regards to Cactus, I have been to almost every one (ouch I'm old) It would be a shame to have such an awesome race not be attended due to high fees...I do understand tho, considering the profession I have. So, if not able to race, hopefully those not racing will at least come out and show there support for the track and favorite racers...

Rich
Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by zipperfoot; 03-11-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

BTW, I am not singling out anybody in particular. This is something I have noticed over time. And I am not complaining. I am happy to have a great place to race, and if anyone is unable to marshall for whatever reason, I would be more than happy to fill in for you.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Mo-Bo0st;10447266]Seriously? You just used this line? Anyone in this hobby that uses that line shouldn't even be allowed to step foot near the racetrack. Last I checked, turn marshals were out there for one reason, to flip cars back over. How hard is it to watch your fucking corner for 5 minutes and do a simple job? Last I checked even the pro's had turn marshals out on the track when they raced, guess what that means, it means we all crash, even the best of us.

-Lets have a race with no turn marshals at all, and drivers aren't allowed to leave the driver stand till the end of the race. If you flip over the car lies there till the end of the race.

I bet that would make for a great time huh? Not only that, I bet people would change their attitude about doing their simple task of turn marshaling when it was their turn to do

hahahahahahhaah now thats a good rant lmgdaoo
Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jrcheese
hahahahahahhaah now thats a good rant lmgdaoo
Not surprised this was all you could manage in response.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st View Post
Seriously? You just used this line? Anyone in this hobby that uses that line shouldn't even be allowed to step foot near the racetrack. Last I checked, turn marshals were out there for one reason, to flip cars back over. How hard is it to watch your fucking corner for 5 minutes and do a simple job? Last I checked even the pro's had turn marshals out on the track when they raced, guess what that means, it means we all crash, even the best of us.

I bet that would make for a great time huh?
Not only that, I bet people would change their attitude about doing their simple task of turn marshaling when it was their turn to do so.
Last man standing race. It actually is a pretty fun time. You should try it. Just remember, if someone hits you and you get back on your feet, you're back in the race!

But in all seriousness, it seems like you're the type of guy that likes to blame your racing on slow marshalls or getting taken out. When was the last time you said, "Eh, I effed up."?

It's your job as a racer to keep it on it's wheels and put in a good time. It's the marshalls job to fix your problem if YOU FAIL TO DO YOUR JOB.

To any marshall that has ever touched my car, thank you.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st View Post

I bet that would make for a great time huh? Not only that, I bet people would change their attitude about doing their simple task of turn marshaling when it was their turn to do so.
Vey cool, you've been racing for many, many....hours... but yet you seem to know the BEST solutions for r/c racing. Are YOU serious..."who ever uses that line shoudn't be around a race track"....your a dipshit! I hear ya though, the only reason I personally, am not at the pro level is because I keep getting fawked over by marshalls. The only thing in my way of beating Maifield, Tebo, King, etc. are the bullshit marshalls... our set-up is the same, the only difference MUST be the marshalls!!!

<high fashion>

You are driving the car, NOT the marshall! The marshall did NOT kick your car into a pipe, wall, another car, into the parking lot, light pole, etc.! The bottom line is, it's driver error. It's not the fact that some goofball is eating a party sub, chain smoking and pulling a keg-o-rater out to a marshall position. It's nothing more than your lack of experience and driving ability with a slight case of anger issues that you bring to an internet forum so people can laugh AND make fun of you for being a retard, and for that WE THANK YOU!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

The only thing in my way of beating Maifield, Tebo, King, etc. are the bullshit marshalls... our set-up is the same, the only difference MUST be the marshalls!!!

Funny you should say that. I remember watching one of the A main races at a Cactus race in years past, and it came down to the last few seconds of the last lap. The leader (might have been Maifield or Tebo... can't recall) crashed 2 feet from the line at the last second of the last lap. The marshall could not get there in time to flip him over and get him across the line for the win. Second place beat him by something like .12 seconds.

The crowd let out a collective moan, obviously (Sarcasm) because we all knew he lost the race because the marshal could not act .12 seconds faster. The crowd chased the marshal down the street with pitchforks and sticks. He hasn't been seen since (Joking)...

Moral of the story. Even the best crash at the worst times and the marshals do the best they can.

There was a time several years ago I would yell at the marshals if they did not see my car flipped over and would get all bent our of shape if they did not get there fast enough. I realized I was taking this way too seriously and took a 3 year vacation from the sport. I just came back 3 months ago with a whole new attitude. I am having much more fun now, but obviously taking 3 years off has not helped my driving. Thank god for the marshals.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 03-12-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With all this marshal talk,
I just hope I don't have to Marshall .12 seconds faster as my 32 year old , 90kg body just can't do it.
Seriously though i hope I don't have to Marshall the Mod A mains.

Can't wait to see all you guys in a weeks time. This event is going to be epic!!
Now I just have to pack all my stuff into 23kg of luggage allowance.

Marshalls are awesome and vital part of our hobby, god bless them all!
Even the ones that smoke and talk on phones , you guys rock too.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks

To Adam, Ricky, Humpty and anyone else who worked to create the 2012 Cactus Classic track, Thank You Very Much. It is going to a very enjoyable and challenging track.
Just was out to see their creation. To be watching the Maifield's of the world going through it will be very entertaining.

For all who are attending, have safe journeys to Scottsdale.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.